Revs - Crew: Game 2 Post game!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by REV IT UP, Oct 31, 2004.

1. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs At Crew [Post-game]

We're not supposed to be in the playoff!!! We have an all-star goal keeper all star scores and we have the ability to beat the best team in the league. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!

I LOVE YOU REIS

RRRREV-IT-UP

2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs win the Series 2-1 on aggregate.

C'mon You Revs. Beat United.

Hopefully a large group of revs fans will make it down to DC, you would think the Revs would at least put something on their website to try to encourage people to come!

THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!!!

3. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember, Election Day is this Tuesday.

Matt Reis for President! :p

4. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    And no yellow cards, so we have no suspensions. DC without Nelson and Kovalenko.

Matt Reis :eek: simply amazing

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Andrulis the worse coach ever?

6. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should all send him a thank you hallmark!

7. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Revs are the first team to be the lower seed and win the series in the new playoff format.

3 straight years in the Conference Championship.

:rolleyes: and people want Nicol fired :rolleyes:

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have a question about that late goal for columbus, isn't that a foul? And no PK call for Revs at 1st half? Where was the ref today?

Any way....A great move for SN to bring in Dorman!! Dorman comes in and a goal comes. Also...

REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..
    REIS..

9. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Bring on Disturbing Chump United!!!

I'm STILL not ready for our season to end.

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although "Number 1" seeds have lost in the first round before, Columbus is the first winner of the Supporters' Shield to take the drop in the first round.

Updated my big results table (see the sig) also fixed two errors, Chicago is crappier than previously reported, due to data entry errors on two of their games, losses to DC and Dallas, previously reported as wins.

11. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday, 7:00 PM at DC......bring them on!

Our colors are peaking at the right time this fall! :D

12. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York

If y'all win the cup he should take a picture with you guys, that's the closest he will ever be to the MLS Cup. Greg did columbus wrong. What was he thinking. anyway congrat NE.

13. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    still in shock,,,,who the heck was playing today,,,,,they still scared me at the end of the game with terrible defending but for the most part they just wanted it more and did not have a stupid coach

14. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what i see and its kind of prominsing:

It's kind of simnple but, this team is know for it's late season run and i'd say that we are showing it once again. But also i like how the run is starting realy realy late in the season. So maybe this time our run will run us THROUGH the MLS cup finals. Wait what am i saying! It WILL run us to through the finals! Matt Reis is a great keeper, I LOVE HIM!

BUT... we can not rely on him, just like you can't rely on any one man. Our defence wasn't bad at all in this game, but i would like to see Nicol train the Revs how to handle big final pushes from the opposition. One the Crew got VERY angry and sent everone at us we paniced and thank god we have Reis, and some lucky bounces. I could almost see DC playing like its the last 4 minutes of the match and there down a goal or two from hte very start, because it works against us. So if we find ourselves in that position again when we are ahead in the final minutes we NEED to keep is cool, break down there attack and an easy goal should result from it since in those situations the opposition has no defence.

Great work Revs, you beat the best team in the league, you showed that even the under underdog can beat the high and mighty over confident super team. You showed that not only top seeded team go to the conference finals, you showed that that it never over until it is over. You had a bad season thereis no hiding it, but you know what they say, in the playoffs your regular recored means absolutly nothing!!!

LETS GO REVS,

RRRREV-IT-UP

15. dilbert

dilbert New Member

Oct 22, 2001
    We need to knick name this team "the little engine that could." Just think of where they've come from and all the injuries, disappointments, and etc. this year, yet they kept going.

16. Soc4Us

Soc4Us Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Dunstable, MA
    Congrats to the Revolution! They not only outscored the Crew, but I thought they were the dominant team in both matches.

I thought the Revs looked impressive, especially in the first half. Midfielders and keeper were the strength today. Joesph again just stood anyone up who got near him. Good distribution with the ball also.

I was worried when the forwards didn't score off some of the opportunities, but that eventually changed.

Can't wait til Saturday.

17. Camden

Camden Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Maine
    Great game, and great stadium. It's always great to see the Revs win, but actually being at the game makes it that much sweeter. I loved holding up their yellow "GOAL" signs they handed out when Taylor scored. I don't think Crew fans liked it as much as I did. :)

I don't know if they showed it on TV, but Jeff C. was not too happy about Sannah taking the second PK. Fraser had to come over and settle the issue. I knew right then Sannah was going to miss. Great Save by Jeff.

Bring on DC!

18. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the 2nd leg games have been very good this year. It's a nice format that creates good games for this league.

The Conf Finals should be nice too.

19. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious... as a Crew fan, I'm really interested in hearing specifically what Andrulis did that you consider to be bad coaching. I mean, I know what all of us are thinking, but I'd like to hear some outside input.

20. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, good luck next week. You'll need it. DC 3, NE 0.

No offense. You're going on, and you deserve it. We're going home, and we deserve that. But admit it. The Crew totally carried the play in that match. The fact that the game was still scoreless past 80 minutes was a downright miracle. And if anybody could make a frigging penalty kick, we win that series going away. You had some serious luck, and had a couple chances of your own (Twellman specifically) that you should have done a hell of a lot better with.

Going against a DC team that's pretty hot, at RFK -- I just think the Revolution are on borrowed time.

I'm rooting for you all the way, though. Kick D.C.'s ass.

21. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Actually, the Revolution were the better team in the first-half: better possession, more quality attacking opporutnities, and more inspired play. The second-half showed the Crew gaining confidence while the Revs eased off on pushing forward, and the Revs were lucky to absorb some solid pressure in the 2nd-half.

If New England tries that against United they'll get royally beat. They also need better communication in back.

Somehow I have to believe that Columbus are the MLS equivalent of the St. Louis Cardinals: they just didn't show up for the post-season, at least not to the effect that they dominated the regular season.

22. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    It is good to be in the conference finals again, but this once again demonstrates just how meaningless the MLS regular season really is.

Columbus goes unbeaten for 18 consecutive matches and is out because of one loss at New England and a tie at home.

New England sneaks into the playoffs on tiebreakers with the ninth worst record in a 10 team league, and they advance mostly on the strength of one home win.

The Revos getting to the conference finals is akin to the Detroit Tigers getting to this season's ALCS.

So NINE wins in 32 matches and you are ready to give him a long term contract.

Let me put this in perspective for you: If you passed only 9 of 32 exams in college you would flunk out of school and could find yourself on your way to Fallujah.

So be glad that MLS's systems can reward the undeserving but don't start the celebrations until there actually is something worthwhile to celebrate.

23. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo

nice comment, **************.

24. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Number one for me would have to be bringing in a new player late in the season and giving him a start in the second leg.

Didn't work last year for Colorado, didn't work this year in Columbus. This is not the time of year to be integrating new players into the mix.

25. Anti-BigFrank

Anti-BigFrank New Member

Sep 28, 2004

Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!
    Go away BigFrank!