Revs/Carolina Post Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by goussoccer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Revs/Carolina Post Game Thread

That is the designated visitors supporters section. Ops know where it is and know what to expect. Fans know the same. It has minimal impact on other fans while giving you guys a good view and an area where you know you won't be hassled.

2. Straps

Straps Member

Nov 7, 2005

Mmmm... well I don't have to like it much....and you guys don't hassle us anyway... we are friends remember.... well maybe not this time....:p

3. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, we sell to soccer moms too, and they usually sit in the higher-priced seats you guys covet. That is more the issue. But also, making sure the Ops people (i.e., security) know what is going on and it is what they are used to is important. I'll be happy to discuss over a beer sometime.

4. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    There were only yellows after the main altercation. After the refs took an adult swim episode to regain order and issue warnings, there was some scuffling as the players were getting position at the top of the box ahead of the Carolina free kick. I don't think anyone saw what happened. They were probably more of a "last straw" kind of ejections.

It seemed like there was more grounds for red cards at the start of the fracus. I don't think the refs wanted to give any team an advantage.

5. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    I don't think so...it happened right in front of me and although I didn't see anything happen as I was blocked by players the linesman came running in with a purpose while the ref was setting up the kick and the players started to gather again which leads me to belive something happened.

6. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    As someone who made his first live game this year and a former afficionato (sp?) of Revs songs, I do have to say I really like the "You wish you had Adam Cristman" song. I also dug the song that the Polish-American contingent was starting, although Ed was telling me that Chicago does the same thing.

The only negative thing was the way slowing down songs still sound like shite.

7. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    Haha my aunt was like "that number 18 seems to have the ball alot. He runs really fast and then when he goes down its very spectacular". I almost died laughing.

8. mdelli

mdelli Member

Oct 10, 2002
    Seattle
    Club:
    New England Revolution

Because it wins world cups!?!? I know you hate all things Italian but since when are they thugs? :confused:

Not all USL teams play that way, Seattle didn't play that way in any of their matches with MLS teams. It was unlucky the Revs got 3 teams that do. But I think for the most part, lower division teams know they don't have the talent to compete. So they try to break the other teams rhythm, foul a lot and try to get the other team frustrated (and bitching at the refs). Unfortunately this tactic does work sometimes.

9. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    [youtube]gKt5Sh9phfY[/youtube]

The fuego fans do indeed use that chant, and they have a large Polish fanbase. So.....I say we never do that chant again:p

But seriously, how long before they come in here whining that we stole their chants?

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they bitch enough about us stealing their playoff hopes. :D

11. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The chant that we were singing was different than that one.

12. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, the one we sang was "NEW ENGLAND GOAL, NEW ENGLAND GOAL"

13. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I haven't seen it yet, but apparently there was a picture of us in the Hartford Courant yesterday. Will get my parent's copy later today to see it for myself.

14. ElmCityBrewCrew

Jul 8, 2002
    Elm City, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    This is either in Serbia or New Britain, CT.

[​IMG]
    Cristman all game.

The rest are here

Edit: As seen elsewhere :rolleyes:

16. revs

revs Member

Apr 22, 2003
    MA
    Thanks to that website courant...those are some good pictures, the one of our supporters is awsome!!! :D Gillette should take some pointers.;)

17. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    lol, that's both awesome and hilarious at the same time. I love our Polish friends:)