Revolution Theme Song

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by ProfZodiac, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the guys from DKM sport Rev gear at shows and, while its not that obvious, Matt Kelly (drums), is wearing a Revs Army shirt in "The Gauntlet" video. Spicy Mchaggis, their former piper, is said to have frequent a match or two but he found himself a British lass and has move to England.

oiRevArmyoi:

I don't have the "13 the Hard Way" CD but I assume "Lot 11" is the same ode to the Revs song off their "Mass Hystaria" CDEP or is that another song Im thinking about?

good luck this weekend and take care of our boy Bags for those of us watching him down here in Chucktown.

2. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Headstrong by Trapt

3. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember the days of yore when they'd play Revolution by the Beatles at games. Then there was also the Pictures of Chairman Mao fanzine... God, those were good times. I miss that.

Question: I haven't been there in a while (I went to the 5-1 beatdown of Chicago but I wasn't really paying attention to the music). Do they still play Zombie Nation after the Revs score? Although I love that song, I always thought Song 2 by Blur was a better celebration song. After all, it got the crowd pretty energized. I mean, practically everyone in the stadium went "WOO HOOO!!!" once the ball went in. (Admit it, folks, you did it and you loved it) :)
    I also miss them playing the Imperial March from Star Wars when the referees came onto the field. Clever stuff.

4. NeSpazz

NeSpazz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Framingham
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking, which means you can probably see the steam coming out of my ears....:) As a fan in the Fort who often comes up with improv cheers that I make up in my lame brain (but they do get laughs!), I am thinking now of a song to switch lyrics or something like that....I like the Tracy Chapman idea, but agree it's not a rallying-type song. But I am thinking, thinking....and hopefully will have something for next weekend. However, I throw out a challenge to the Rev Army, who not only are creative and genius in their originality, but also boast the company of some local music bands, such as the Dropkick Murphys, who do indeed rock. Let's agree: if I come up with the lyrics, will the Murphys put it to music??? :) I'm on it.
    Spazz

5. oiRevArmyoi

oiRevArmyoi New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    Boston
    The Dropkick Murphys really aren't active supporters anymore and there's a billion better bands out there. Tommy and the Terrors are in the fort mostly every home game, they're freaking good and they rock revolution gear every show. Lets throw them some lyrics...

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  7. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monty, Riders and Rev Army, would you have any clout with the stadium crew? I'd love to see them play some of these next season or even on Sunday to gauge fan reaction.

8. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahaha. no wonder they suck. the song is slow, just like cletus :)

i like the elvis "a little less conversation" remix that they used for Nike's Scorpion promo. either that or another mix, like i heard a Buffalo Sabre remix of Blur's "song 2". or the ever popular Kernkraft 500 "zombie nation"

9. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont mean to nit pick, but its Kernkraft 400. Makes a huge difference when searching for it. Zombie Nation is the artist I believe.

10. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, my bad. just checked it out. usually band names have numbers in them, not the songs

11. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After today, I'm thinking "Hit Me Baby, One More Time"...

12. oiRevArmyoi

oiRevArmyoi New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    Boston
    The X-Ray Spec's "Oh Bondage Up Yours!" would be a great song for the Metros right now...