Revolution Recap returns Sunday, 7-8PM on WNRI AM 1380 (+ Internet)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Sean Donahue, May 17, 2008.

1. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
  2. Urthona

Urthona Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Franklin, MA USA
    I'll check it out tomorrow, Sean. Your podcast missing on ITunes last week was a gaping hole in my commute home from work!! I continue to really enjoy your show, enjoyed the chat with Brad Feldman a few weeks back. Saw in the Globe that you're a Franklin guy (me too!).

I'll try to post tomorrow about whatever thing you guys say pisses me off the most, coz that's always more interesting :D

3. Urthona

Urthona Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Franklin, MA USA
    re: Khano - I was counting the minutes till Joyce ripped Khano, she's got a dislike for the player, part of that camp of Revs followers that like Castro-Pepe-Badilla but have trouble with Khano's game. I think if you counted the quality crosses from Khano this year, his total would easily surpass Castro's. Khano's defense has been pretty good this year, and his number of bad passes has dropped off as well. Go Khano!

re: the Stadium - Sean, I think you are being myopic about the stadium location. Of course, people from Franklin and Providence will have more trouble attending, but for every southern problem, you pick up that same person from the north (suddenly Lowell, Lawrence, Revere, southern NH can think about getting to a Revs game)...then add in the fact that inside 128 Bostonians can get to the game easily, clearly Somerville is a better stadium location than Foxboro.

re: the MIA - Loved this topic. I was glad you reminded me about #1 draft pick Valentino (aka WHO?). Not as big a Phelan-hater as you guys. Loved that you remembered Igwe and agreed with your assessment that he is not a center back but that he showed promise on the left.

Upcoming episode suggested topic: Talk to Kyle and Joyce about whether SN tanked the Open Cup game and did they think that had long-term negative effect on the team. I think that is a big topic here on the board, would love to hear it discussed on your show.

Great show, thanks Sean!

4. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Tonight's Guests (October 26th):
    Dave Akman (in studio)
    Jim Dow
    - Revsnet.com Writer

Thanks for the comments. I'll be sure to address them on tonight's show!

5. akattack

akattack Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Shrewsbury
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Thanks for having me again, long time no see :)

6. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    The archive is now up on iTunes and at RevolutionRecap.com

Thanks again for coming down Dave.

7. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Live tonight on WNRI AM1380 and www.RevolutionRecap.com from 7:05 till 8PM ET tune in to Revolution Recap.

Tonight's Guests
    (November 2nd):
    Brian O'Connell (in studio) - New England Soccer News Writer
    Frank Dell'Apa - Boston Globe Writer

Plus post-game comments from Steve Nicol, Shalrie Joseph, Matt Reis, Jay Heaps, and Chicago Fire Head Coach Denis Hamlett.

Please e-mail questions, comments, etc. to
    revolutionrecap@gmail.com or post them in the comments section here.

8. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
  9. Urthona

Urthona Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Franklin, MA USA
    Another good show last week Sean.

If there was one thing that struck me about the interviews you did, it was how many of the Revs talked about how the referee should know "the situation" before issuing the red card. I guess I find that interesting for two reasons...

- No one talked about Badilla knowing "the situation" when he committed the foul.

- The idea that the officials should be bending and interpreting rules on the fly based on off-field issues is at best a questionable wish...there is enough chaos and wiggle-room in soccer officiating without actually encouraging rules interpretation.

Go Revs! Go Revolution Recap!

10. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Live tonight on WNRI AM1380 and www.RevolutionRecap.com from 7:05 till 8PM ET tune in to the final Revolution Recap of 2008.

Tonight's Guests
    (November 9th):
    Tony Biscaia (in studio) - Revsnet.com Photographer/Writer
    Marc Connolly - Goal.com

Please e-mail questions, comments, etc. to
    revolutionrecap@gmail.com or post them in the comments section here.

11. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
  12. Urthona

Urthona Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Franklin, MA USA
    Hey Sean, listened to the final podcast. Thanks for the great wrap-up. Overall, I left the season happy. High point was the Superliga win, but I actually felt really good about the 0-0 home game against the Fire where I thought the Revs played their hearts out. Yea, in the end, it did come down to too many injuries. Were the Revs contenders without injuries? I think so, not because the Revs were unstoppable, but because the rest of the league, with the exception of the Crew perhaps, looks pretty damn beatable to me. With Twellman, Ralston, a healthy Joseph, and ma man Khano on a wing, along with Larentowicz, Parkhurst, Heaps, Albright, and Reis, I think we had enough horses.

Hope you have an occasional off-season show. Otherwise, hear you next year.