Reversal on Reporting Immigrants

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Sep 18, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    The popular trend is anti-republican, even Michael Bloomberg, a republican, is doing it. Being anti-immigrants, Republicans will pay for that.

They need to stop being mean.

2. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Since you seem to have a problem understanding english, here's is today's lesson:

These are not ordinary immigrants. They are illegal aliens. They are here in the US illegally. They are breaking the law just by being here. They are foreigners invading our country and not citizens. They should be reported and deported.

Bush should cut off federal funds to any locality which refuses to cooperate in the capturing and deporting of these criminals. Including California, which is trying to legalize these criminals by giving them official drivers licenses.

There's a reason for borders and controlling immigration. If we need a bunch of illiterate peasants to bus tables in LA, we should make that a conscious decision. Right now it is decided by the invading foreigners and unscrupulous business owners.

We need to be much more mean to these invaders.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, I hate people who boost our economy by working low-wage jobs that noone else wants.

4. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Anybody care to go into detail with Smiley on why he just advocated crippling the US economy?

5. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I'm just too slow today :D

6. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You are correct up to a point. The problem is part ours by being wishy washy with our policy. On the one hand we have the border patrol and at the same time we tolerate people sneaking past it for economic reasons.

we can't have our cake and eat it too. My feeling is that if you are going to continue to call it "illegal," you should do everything possible to deport them, and come up with a viable plan for the economic labor issues that might arise...

from a security standpoint, we unfortunately have to be stricter with ALL people who try to cross over these days..

7. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Sure. They are illegal aliens alright. But no one seemed to care about that before 2000 the dimple chaps. You know why? We have Republicans in power!

Mean Bas***Ds!

8. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Yeah, as if everything would fall apart if we had to pay a few more cents for a head of lettuce

So it is the position of liberals that we should reserve these jobs for illegals who work for slave wages?

I think that the real agenda of liberals is that they think that our culture in the US is terrible and we would be better if we had the noble Mexican culture. Their rampant corruption and unemployment and squandered resources is just bad luck, right? Besides, they vote Democrat, and the only enemy that liberals can clearly recognize is the Republicans.

9. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    If you could remember all the way back to pre-9/11, you'd see the unusual prospect of George Bush and Vincente Fox potentially agreeing on LOOSENING the U.S.-Mexico border, which of course would be a good thing. This was one of two things I liked about Bush (other being anti-abortion). He's failed me on these two but met my expectations on all the other reasons I didn't vote for him.

P.S. - Right now, it is much easier for corporations to get out than for Mexicans to get in.

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    a) If it were a few cents, you might have a point. Dont' come crying to me when you have to pay $7.50 for a cup of coffee at your local diner

b) So you're willing to pay a few more cents for a head of lettuce, but I'm guessing you were right behind the president's War to Keep Oil Cheap.

Yes, that's just what I said :rolleyes:

It took me a while, but I finally found Ann Coulter's screen name.

As opposed to our rampant corruption and unemployment? Huh? What the hell are you talking about?

Illegal immigrants can't vote, toolbox.

Actually we also recognize Osama bin Laden as an enemy of our country. Remember him? He's the guy we let get away so Bush could have his War for Cheap Oil.

11. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
    Now you get it.
    "Los Estados Unidos".It has a ring to it.
    It's all part of their evil plan....

[​IMG]

12. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    you stopped making sense right about here....

leaving the reason for the Iraq war out of this, I dont think having all those soldiers (in Iraq that is) running around in Afghanistan would suddenly make OBL appear.

Isnt this thread about the borders anyway?

13. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Illiterate peasants"?

What, are you channeling Nixon or something?

14. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    This is the type of liberal idiocy I'm disparaging. On the one hand, they can't distinguish between the corruption and unemployment in the US and Mexico.

And then, they can't see any connection between motor-voter and driver's licenses for illegals and illegals voting. I've got news for you, toolboy - they vote and Democrats in California are doing everthing they can to facilitate it.

This kind of cognitive dissonance is breathtaking. Are liberals really that stupid or are they just pretending?

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smiley has a point. We need to stop all these illiterate peasants from entering our country and diluting our culture and our language. Especially since our largest population of illegal immigrants is from Canada. Just look at their clean cities and rampant politeness. Next thing you know they'll be demanding British spelling on election ballots, eh? Oh no! The cultural decline is happening already....

16. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    This is a federal issue.

Plain but not so simple.

This is the same reasoning being used by the same republicans who were in favor of Prop 187.

If the federal govt wants local police to to immigration work, then they need to have federal funding, NOT the opposite you proposition.

You can't have it both ways.

It is either a federal issue where funding is needed or you cut federal funding to force locals to do federal business. Technically and legally, a local police force cannot hold any illegal unless they have comminted a crime. Currently, there exist no immigration law at the local level for them to hold illegals.

They can and probably should report all suspected illegals for national security reasons, the new normal, but what a can of worms you open if you detain some because he is brown and speaks little english, while that same person is here legally...holding him, not due to any actual crime, but a feeling that he is illegal.

I heard on NPR that some local police forces are so against doing the feds jobs. It sounds crazy, but these jurisdiction issues always come into play.

17. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Those guys don't know if they should speak English or French, so leave them out of it.

Besides, Canada is quite the worst friend to have on the border if your goal is to keep terrorists out of the USA.

You can go to Canada without a passport, being from say, Pakistan and still get to stay in their country. Then, you get all the govt services and slip through the cracks...into the USA.

In South America, it is well known that it is even harder to get a visa to Mexcio than the USA from a South American nation. No lie.

18. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Do you have a link for that? It could be true, if you count all the Snowbirds in Florida & Laughlin. But it just surprised me.

Could we make a deal with Canada that allows them to send all the illegal immigrants they want if they just take back Celine Dion?

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are speaking about people who are functioning members of our society. Some of them have been working here for many years. We cannot deny them their basic human rights just because at one time (in many cases when they were children or even toddlers) they happened to have crossed the border without proper documentation. To do so goes against everything that America stands for.

These people are being treated as 'de facto' second class citizens, a lower cast, if you will. The way they are being treated is illegal and unconstitutional. It is a slap in the face to our founding fathers. It contradicts the vissionary ideas of great thinkers like Jefferson and Madison, who developed the system that makes our country great.

We must find a way to control the borders, but we cannot treat those who are already here and have become part of our society as if they were criminals without rights.

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    For what it's worth, I've been to Canada several times since 9-11 and had to show my passport every time.

BTW, regarding Demosthenes' comment "Especially since our largest population of illegal immigrants is from Canada." Now I know why she supports legalizing drugs.

21. DavidPablo

DavidPablo New Member

So did I. And a friend of mine who's a Mexican citizen, but living legally in the US, was interrogated for about an hour at the Vancouver airport. Aparently Canadian officials thought that she fit the profile of a drug dealer. 'Born in Mexico'.

22. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We have made a conscious decision to let in illegals to fill low-paying jobs. We could stop illegal immigration tomorrow if we wanted to.

And another thing- the literacy rates in Mexico and the U.S. are the same. Do you actually have to LIE to support your racist beliefs? Next time, just say "greasy peasants" or "knife-wielding peasants" or "bean-eating peasants." At least that's closer to the truth than "illiterate peasants."

23. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Actually, they're not, but your point stands.

24. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  25. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States