Rev News, 8/1

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by ProseLtd, Aug 1, 2002.

1. ProseLtd

ProseLtd Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Shrewsbury, MA USA
  2. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Nothing in the Herald since Gus's little diatribe on Monday. Is this due to the lull in the schedule or was that column his "I'm fed up with these guys" rant?

3. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    It's called comp time - All Star break (even the Revs players are off until early next week) - or time off (for good behavior).

4. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    NRC, but interesting to note that since "The Trade" the Metro's offense has been great, but its defense (particularly the central D) is in shambles.

Several articles on the recent Metros defensive demise here (MLSnet), and here (MLS News and Analysis board).

Sometimes the grass is just as dried up and shrivelly on the other side of the fence... (though, at least their high-paid international scoring threat isn't laid up with an injury)

5. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Hmmm. What a radical departure for FDA.

Think I've just about given up on this guy (I've even stopped reading his articles - and I'll read just about anything that's soccer-related).

6. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    FDA just loves to write about soccer in general and having a team in town allows him to do it regularly

I would doubt you'll ever see anything critical out of him for that reason

And the players have time off ? They suck that much and they get a break ? Oh ya that makes a great deal of sense now don't it !