Result of Mexico vs USMNT

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by killedelvis, Mar 25, 2005.

1. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predict the result and score (Mexico first).

2. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Vote with my heart = Mexico 1-2 US. US scores in 90th minute.

Vote with my head = Mexico 1-0 US. Too much for a Bruce Arena team to handle. Altitude, polution + 100,000 + fans hurling debris on the players.

3. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    Both my heart and my head feels that the US will eek out a hard fought, 1-0 win, with Kasey Keller standing on his head the last 15 minutes to perserve the shutout.

4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Worst place to play in the world. The Azteca will be a zoo, and I have trouble believing we will win. A draw would be a fantastic result.

5. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we score first and draw first blood those whiney bitches will implode. The USMNT is a superior team, but we all know that we'll be playing more than the Mexican team we'll be playing against the altitude, pollution and bags of urine. That's what the Mexican is counting on! A draw would be a good result but Like baby jesus Donovan said. "We have to win on the road in tough places to reach the next level" This is the first time that I feel our squad has the best opportunity to reverse the curse of Azteca. I've seen the Mexican turn on itself when behind. The place will become quiet, and whistles and jeers, will come from the stands. Mark my words if there is no score at the half we will win! The Mexican is a defeatist and pessimistic side and fans of the TRI will turn on their team in a heartbeat. I've seen it happen "Oh no we are going to loose" instead of This is our half they are tired we are going to take them now"

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't help but detect just a tinge of racism in your tone....... I hope your right but I fear your wrong. The baloon's full of piss are hard to contend with, and I don't think Mexico is as bad as you may think. Also, I wouldn't charactarize Mexico as defeatist or pessimistic. They play positive football, and I've seen them come from two goals down more than once. World Cup in 98 they were down 2-0 to somebody and finished 2-2. After all, they are MexiCANS.

7. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think he means the fans turn on the team when they don't play well. I personally have seen it in the '97 draw.

My heart says win by one goal, my head says draw.

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Belgium was who they came back on in 98..... I hate to be the realist here but...... Hope you guys are right.

9. Ace1

Ace1 New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    US will certainly play very conservatively. If Mexico scores first I think the US is going to have a tough time against the tri-color and the Azteca crowd.

Heart says 1-0 US.

Head says 1-0 Mexico. But hoping for at least another 0-0 Azteca result.

10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm, i didn't know we were playing them on May 27th, but if we do, I'm sure it will be a good game. :)

11. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Everyone and their mom is predicting a US win.....so that means a draw.

12. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA
    3-0 US :D

The Tricolores give up one early in the match off a a corner and in their panic as time winds down in the second half leave themselves exposed to two devastating counterattacks. The 117,000 fans rain projectiles and whistles at their own defeated and cowed players who refuse en masse to exchange jerseys at the end of the match.

13. StewartDC8

StewartDC8 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Manassas, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking positively... MEX 0-1 USA, with another late Pope goal or something.
    Thinking realistically... MEX 0-0 USA

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    1-1 sounds good

15. croix

croix New Member

Aug 30, 2001
    St. Croix, VI
    I noticed you are a Hokie. What year are you? Grad? I'm '96 and they are me next fave team(s) after the USMNTS

16. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You detect wrong. I know Mexican soccer and I've seen the Mexican National team play every single game for the past four years. I am lot closer than you are to Mexico and its soccer and not only that I also speak the language and know their customs. Trust me on this one. When their backs are against the wall "Si se puede" (Yes we can or it is possible) will not cut it. USMNT is superior to the Mexican side the & the only advantages that the Mexican will have is bags filled w/ urine, the altitude and air pollution. A lone goal will take care of the urine bags for they will be thrown at El Tri, Arenas has had his boys tng. in the altitude for a while now so the only thing that USMNT will have to contend will be the pollution. Good thing that this is Semana Santa (holy week) and there will be far less traffic than normal.

17. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what I was trying to convey.

18. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh*
    oops.

19. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    I can see a scenerio where each of those results could happen...except the 2-1 US win......so I went with that.

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The answer is US 1 - Mexico 1.

And I'd be thrilled with the result. Although a win would be great, a tie is a fantastic result in Mexico City.

US goal by DMB

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I agree with this. If this Mexican team isn't showing well after 30 minutes, the crowd could turn on them. It's happened before.

22. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    If it is a draw, I'd much rather it be 1-1 than 0-0, and I'd certainly be willing to see their goal be quality if ours was as well.

23. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Prediction: México 3-0 U.S.

At the beginning of the game México is going to attack and pressure the U.S. like they haven't ever before. U.S. is going to wait back and "try" to defend, like always. And suddenly, a goal for México! Then, the U.S. will try and tie the game, but it's just going to open spaces for México to score the second goal! Behind 2 goals, U.S. is simply confused and doesn't know what to do now. In their confusion, they just opened up a space for the third Mexican goal. México then is just going to sit back and enjoy the pollution. NO BIG DEAL, EASY AS IT READS. :)

24. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may be onto something here. You are the only one who has pointed out one important fact. If Mexico scores first.... then you may be correct. That's a position the US has not had to deal with as of late. If Mexico scores first the crowed will go fvcking nuts and then who knows what will happen.

25. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That actually did make me lol for once. Very funny, bravo.