Resto del Mundial (R)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by MetroChile, May 23, 2014.

1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Vemos si los alemanes no arrugan. Por papel lo tienen todo para ganar.

Los holandeses van a tener que anular a Messi, todo pasa por el. Quiero ver que hace Robben por la banda derecha.

pepinointer repped this.
  2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Se sabía que Alemania iba a eliminar a Brasil:cool::)...pero yo creo que casi nadie esperaba que Alemania le iba a meter SIETE goles a Brasil en su propia casa.:eek:

¡Vamos Holanda mañana!:)

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Me gustaria que la final seria entre un europeo y un sudamericano.

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fuck dat.

--

Por otro lado, quedó constatado de manera fehaciente que Brasil = Neymar + 10 pelagatos.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  6. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Como quedo demostrado ante México, Chile y Colombia. Oh, de veras que no apareció.

El principal problema de Brasil es que no tiene los delanteros que solía + etiqueta como cracks a quienes no lo son ni lo han demostrado, caso de Neymar.

7. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La pura verdad, no tienen esa mistica.

8. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I like good football, regardless of style. Brazilian teams have entertained me since I was a kid and I've cheered so many of them on over the years.

This wasn't a good Brazilian team and it didn't play good football. As I've been saying all along, Brazil '14 was a slightly upgraded version of Brazil '10 but nothing more than that.

Yet, before the world cup (and even during the group stage), bookies all over the world touted them as favourites, and people bought it.

I think experts will try to find excuses where there aren't any, such as saying that the loss was all due to Thiago Silva being out (Dante, his replacement, is better than David Luiz and good enough to walk into 90% or more of the national teams out there).

For one, I'm happy that the myth has been buried because the team will be seen for what it was: a great deception. For me, this is up there with the moment in 2010 when Germany belted Argentina after Maradona's stomach-turning delusions of grandeur. I guess you could say, myth busted.

9. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    It's funny because one could take out any key player out of the German squad (or several, for that matter) and they'd still function effectively as a team.

The system is more important than the player.

MetroChile repped this.
  10. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Eso, esta derrota brasilera debería servir al resto de sudamericanos que siempre entramos derrotados frente a Brasil y tenemos ese complejo de inferioridad, aunque no lo admitan, para verlo como un equipo ganable que no es invencible.

Sucede que llegaron a sumar rachas ridículas como nunca perder por eliminatorias hasta el 93 en Bolivia, luego pasó un tiempo hasta la siguiente derrota o a no pasar zozobras jugando de local en la competencia que fuera.
    Hoy se ha derribado un mito. De hecho, para mí el favorito por fútbol y una cosa de gustos siempre fue Alemania desde que el Dortmund aportó cracks que mejoraron los pocos puntos débiles que poseía Alemania. No obstante, tenía reticencias por ser Brasil local y la aureola que ello rodea.

Si el próximo año toca jugar una final con ellos, ya no tengo ese "miedo" porque el 8 de julio de 2014 debe significar un cambio en el modo que el mundo fútbol ve a Brasil. Son vulnerables como el resto, ni más ni menos.

pepinointer and chewie4917 repped this.
  11. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Le faltó preparación anímica a Brasil. Estaban jugando bien hasta el primer gol, de ahí en adelante fueron el despelote y se sintieron vencidos por la falta de Neymar y Silva. Yo culpo más que nada al técnico de Brasil que no supo darle garra al equipo sin importar quien estuviera o no.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Este equipo brasileno en lo emocional me parecia hiperventilado: entraban llorando y alaraqueando a todos los partidos. Tiene gracia quizás una o dos veces pero después deja la sensación de que los jugadores no están concentrados.

En cambio los alemanes durante el himno, super frís o y tranquilos: tenían una misión en frente - y afortunadamente - la cumplieron a cabalidad.

13. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'd also add that this Brazilian side just weren't good enough in terms of talent, put any of the 1982-2010 teams in its place and they would have a way better chance at winning the championship at home.

Try this on for size, if you were to replace a few German national team players from their usual starting 11 with Brazil's starting 11 who would they be?

The farthest I'd go is possibly replace Howedes or maybe even Hummels, but that's probably it. Neymar, Thiago Silva, and David Luiz are probably the only ones I'd take. It's sad but true.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Howedes was getting a lot of flake but to be fair to him, 2 things: he's being played out of position and yesterday he definitely more than held his own.

In regards to yesterday, I think TS's absence cost Brazil more than Neymar's. Why? With TS in there, I doubt they'd lose by 6 goals: they probably wouldn't have won, either but the score would have been a lot tighter.

That being said...danke, Deutschland.

15. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bien

16. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    True, but that still doesn't address the question. You consider him to be better than Thiago Silva or David Luiz?

17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not at all.

18. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    The difference is that Höwedes doesn't get rated highly by the press. He's just a guy who does his job and gets on with things. The other thing is that Hummels, Boateng and Mertesacker are Löw's priorities for central defence, and Höwedes has been played out of position but doesn't have a problem with it and, as I said, gets on with his role.

While David Luiz had been having a good tournament before the semi-final, he showed against Germany why he's quite possibly the most overrated centre back in the world (and of the last 15-20 years). I mean, PSG paid £50m for the guy, a world record transfer for a central defender. Mourinho and Chelsea FC must have laughed all the way to the bank.

As the stand-in captain, he didn't have the brain to organise his team after the first goal. He failed to lead by example. Dante was left alone to fend off German attacks on more than two occasions, and he will unfairly take some of the blame for these moments, but Luiz was no where to be seen.

I also think that Luiz Gustavo and Fernandinho failed in their roles as holding midfielders because they were caught out of position way too often (it was unforgivable!) and this meant that the last line was exposed to wave after wave of German attacks. The two of them were completely overrun by Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Khedira and the German midfield, in general. But, big Phil couldn't run onto the pitch as the manager. It was David Luiz's responsibility to re-organise things and demand adequate support from the Brazilian mids, especially Gustavo and Fernandinho.

In that scenario, I think that Thiago Silva would have done much more to settle his team. He would have been much more vocal, assertive and methodical after 0-1 and, especially, 0-2. In this sense, I'd even take every German centre back (Höwedes included) over Luiz. The guy is good, don't get me wrong, and sometimes puts in a couple of great performances here and there, but, at international level, he relies too much on highs of emotion, adrenaline and the significance of the yellow and green shirt to get him 'ready' for action.

19. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Van Gaal debería haber aguantado a Van Persie, y gastar el 3er cambio en Krul por Cillessen.
    El ingreso de Huntelaar no sirvió de nada.

Los mejores de Argentina en esta semifinal fueron Mascherano y Romero.

20. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yes, Mascherano with that outstanding tackle at Robben.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A Van Persie se le notaba a leguas que no estaba 100%: no recuerdo una pelota donde no haya sido anticipado por un argentino.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  22. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La verdad es que Van Persie desaparecio despues del partido con Australia.

Radu Razvan and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  23. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    ¿Qué equipo les gustaría que ganara la final, Argentina o Alemania?

Yo, Alemania por una cuestión de gusto futbolístico. En sus momentos de máximo rendimiento como ante Brasil o Portugal, el fútbol que practican llena la vista. Lo de Argentina es bastante feo y hasta arcaico. Un fútbol de hace dos décadas.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Siempre he sido hincha de Alemania y aparte de lo futbolístico que dices tú: en la semifinal parecía una maquinita.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Alemania, por gusto futbolistico también y creo que Argentina no se lo merece. Ha enfrentado 1 equipo de talla mundial y empató.

JAIME CHILE and Radu Razvan repped this.