Restaurants in Brazil

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by mak9, Aug 15, 2010.

1. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    do Brazilian dishes have a lot of trans fat???

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Roanldo fenomeno.

no, but Ronaldo has his own McDonalds franchise... inside his home, doing meals 24/7 for him alone.

why do you think he named his son RONALD, after Ronald, the clown, from McDonalds? (and yes, he named the kid Ronald after the McDonalds clown!!)

How much McDonalds must you eat to love it so much so you will name your son after the franchise´s mascot?

2 people repped this.
  3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

That is pretty sad when you consider there exist such a thing as a Double Whopper! I don't understand Brasilians. In Rio there is only one Burger King resturant and I had to drive a taxi for like 40 minutes to get to it. What the ********? With all the complete shit resturants in Rio?

[​IMG]

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Well Duck Manson you can always go to Bob's :p There are many good restaurants in Rio, but of course you have to know where to look. Galeria Gourmet is awesome, there are 2 of 'em, one in Barra and one in Norte Shopping :D

5. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

You started in the wrong place! Did you order the quadruple stack?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NtdvQAnEcU&feature=related"]YouTube- Vídeo Case Burger King[/ame]

LOL

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I've actually never tried the stacker. Is it good?

You have those Bob's Burger joints all over the place but only one BK. It's unbelievable. Beyond belief!

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Duck didn't like Bob's. I tried it. Didn't take.

There was one place in Ipanema I think it was where they had some sickly good meat. They went around and cut all different kinds of meat right on your plate.

I had roomservice at Praia Ipanema and that was teerrrible. All in all the best meal I had in Rio was probably China in Box. Outside of the Double Whopper of course.

You gotta give me a list of the top five places and I'll check em out next time I'm there.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Burger King? China in the Box? I really don't even go to those fast food chains while I am down there. Only thing I really get is an Ovomaltine from Bob's. I eat my food at my Aunts' houses and lanchonetes with 'caseira' food.

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I had one home cooked meal but that was it. When it's 11pm and you get hungry China in Box is good since they deliver. We went to proper resturants during the day but the food isn't that great I think. I need to find a place where it's tops and I can go there every day.

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

Bob's has been in Rio (and Brasil?) forever! I remember eating Bob's sandwiches in the 1960's - they were the best, much better than anything you get here ...

11. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

Don't eat the stacker!!! You will get a heart attack in 10 minutes... LOL

12. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

Do they still have the "pensao" food places? I loved them... they served lots of excellent full meals!!!
    Any links or info about the "pensoes" ? Thanks

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I didn't like it. The burger I got was dry and yucky. I might give them a second chance just in case it was a one time thing. I've never had a bad Whopper anywhere in the world though.

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Oh, that's not good! :D

I've been thinking about opening a Burger King or some kind of resturant in Ipanema or Leblon.

15. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

The best restaurant I went to in Rio is Galeria Gourmet. But there are many good churrascarias, I went to a good one in Zona Norte but I guess you don't spend that much time there. I don't remember the name of it but I can ask my wife if you want the name and address of it.

But there are many Galeria Gourmet around Rio so you should try it out. http://www.galeriagourmet.com.br/home/home.php

I wonder why Ronaldo Fenomeno thread turned into a food thread:rolleyes::D

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Shocker isn't it! :D

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

You are seriously saying that your measuring stick for a good restaurant (or burger) is Burger King ???

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

As far as fast food, yes I am. I'm talking about the Double Whopper though. I haven't even tried the others except: In England they have a XL Bacon Double Cheese Burger which is fantastic. The absolute best burger I've ever had was in Solna in Stockholm at a little joint called Korv-Ingvar. His hot dogs has been voted the best in Scandinavia for like 30 years running but since I'm not that into dogs it was his burger that caught my attention. Sickly good. Absolutely perfect. I have considered flying over there just to try it again to see if it is actually as good as I remember. (No joke) I might have The Black Hole Syndrome for burgers though.

19. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I live there!!!:D The place where Brazil won the world cup back in 1958 with Pelé:cool:

And Korv-Ingvar is really good, long time I eated there though. There is a little statue of him there.

When did you eat there? Because they took the old Korv-Ingvar down and builded a new bigger one.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I think I remember the statue. Kind of weird looking yeah?

I was there around year 2000 maybe. My brother was at that Karolinska Institute for treatment and we stayed at that hotel for something like 45 days. I think we ate at Ingvars atleast 30 of those :D

21. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yeah it's a weird little statue.

This is what the new Korv-Ingvars look like: [​IMG]

22. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Oh! Good for those guys. Those brothers work hard. Takes a bit of the charm away though. Now it's a bit too professional if you know what I mean. I like the little wagon thing where he couldn't move almost. :D

23. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yeah that was a classic place that had been there forever:) Now it's more like every other fast food place.

Btw there is a KFC not very far from Ipanema, since you didn't like the Brazilian fast food:)

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I don't like eating meat directly from the bone. I can't stand it. I've never been to KFC though so... I guess they don't only serve drumsticks? :eek:

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

They serve any kind of fried chicken, the chicken burgers are much better than the ones from McDonalds.