restaurant near stadium

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by LDinCT, Jul 6, 2005.

1. LDinCT

LDinCT New Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Now that they've pushed the game 'til 8, eating after the game is out. Is there a good restaurant near the stadium? We'll be coming from CT. There isn't a restaurant at Giant's stadium, right? I recall from last year the food is pretty limited in the stadium. Thanks. :)
    ps- we are going to win this home game!

2. AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Utica NY
    When I was down there i stayed at the homested it was clean and you can walk to the game and also to the sherreton and they have food and drinks

3. metro1026

metro1026 New Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Swamps of Jersey
    There are many restaurants within a few miles of the Stadium.

You got Charlie Browns right behind the complex within walking distance on Route 120, then you got Fridays and Houlihans about a mile north on route 17. You also have Outback Steakhouse, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, another Houlihans, Pizzeria Uno, Bazooka's, and a whole mall food court about a mile east down Route 3.

There are so many more places, it would be impossible for me to name them all for you....

4. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    There a million Brazilian and Portuguese restuarants in the Newark Ironbound. Brasilia Grill (the Metros had a post game party here once in 2001) and Boi Na Brasa have rodizio for about $20 per person (it's an all you can eat meat special with the salad bar included). Pao de Quixo (right next to Boi na Brasa) is a little Brazilian fastfood resturant... Two pastels, two cochinhas, and one can of guaranana (or coke) for like ten bucks. The peeps from Newark can prolly explain this better.

5. LDinCT

LDinCT New Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Cheeseburgers in Paradise sounds good. Is that fast food? You know in all the years I've gone to the Meadowlands to see the Metros I've only ever eaten at the Vince Lombardi rest area and the stadium. Have never seen a restaurant anywhere. Guess I'm concentrating on getting out of the parking lot as quickly as possible and to the highway.

6. AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Utica NY
    Dont the players go to some place after the game? Last game I went to they were at outback after the game.

7. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They usually hang out at The Bada Bing! But only those 21+. :D

8. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Dude, White Castle on Rt. 17 North.

(on Rt. 17 North there are actual restaurants like TGIFridays and the like. (well actual restaurants for the strip mall suburbs)). On Rte 3 there are also places like Outback, etc.

9. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or better yet, bring a grill and cook something up before. It's cheaper and easily a better experience.

I'll be speeding over from the Yanks game, so I'll have the grill going in my car on the way! ;)

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Redd's on the road that seperates the Arena & Stadium. On the Meadowlands Fair side. Walk away from Rte 3 and it's on the Arena side.

11. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    best place to find food near the stadium is (as other's have mentioned), route 3 , east of the stadium (in secaucus). so many good restaurants.. i even think they have red lobster now... mmmmmmm

12. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    better get your compass checked. They're on Rt. 17 South. ;)

13. anamorican

anamorican New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Harold's New York Deli in Lyndhurst. If you love 19 ounce sandwiches, the place to be is Harold's. I went there before a game this year and they seemed pretty soccer-friendly. TV's had Euro-highlight shows on, I saw a few jerseys on the walls.

14. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I meant if you get on Rte 17 from Paterson Plank, take it North. (white castle).

15. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    tonnelle ave. sandwiches and hookers galore...

16. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    Someone sent me this e-mail.

"I will pick up Animal (guess who animal is) and Chris B around 6-6:30 and we can meet Steph B in the parking lot. Better idea---we can all go early and eat at the steak place I like (or just meet up at the Bada-Bing on Route 17 near the stadium). If we go to eat, I should pick you up at 5 and we can meet at the steak place at 6 (very easy to get to)."

That is all he wrote.

17. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i didn't mention tonnelle ave. since it's not really that close to the stadium (compared to the stuff on route 3)... but if you're gonna go on tonnelle.. stop by white manna. mad good burgers and cheeseteaks. yum

18. kjo199

kjo199 Member

Mar 29, 2005
    NYC

All five of them? :D

19. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    May I also second Harold's Deli? Amazing sandwhiches and quite reasonably priced. Pickle and bread bar (can't go wrong) and nice selection of brews as well.

20. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    No body's big on the Brazilian resturants in the Ironbound? I thought you guys would like the meat buffets (rodizio) and the included salad bars.

21. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    keywords: near the stadium

22. metro1026

metro1026 New Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Swamps of Jersey
    exactly, 1&9 and NYC and Newark and all those other places arent near the stadium....

And to answer your question, Cheeseburgers in Paradise isn't too much of a fast food place. It's a sit down place with a bar. Pretty good atmosphere. It's actually in the same complex where the away team stays, so if you want to meet some of the LAG players after the game, or if you get there really early, they stay in the hotel in that little open mall area....

Also, Red Lobster is moving there, but they are still under construction, wont be done for a few more months.

If fast food is what you want, you got a Burger King down route three in that same complex, as well as White Castle, McDonalds, another Burger Kind, Popey's, KFC, amonst many others on Route 17 north....

23. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    bring a fucqing sandwich.
    closed.

24. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Damn man, I thought 10 minutes was close.

25. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if you know the area. For someone who doesn't it would probably be 20 to 30 minutes each way. Remember you aren't talking about someone coming from LA, they are coming from CT. It would be easier to stop and get food in Yonkers or even midtown Manhattan and then come out through the tunnel.