Reserves vs. KC and Mikulic

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by bigredmachine, May 17, 2011.

1. Saw the reserve game today. I thought Nazarit and Pineda looked ok. Watson-Siriboe and Mikulic mucked up on the goal for KC. Seemed like Siriboe got deeked and Mikulic didn't cover, but I was at the other end. Mikulic got subbed out right after the goal, in the first half, and he left the field with someone immediately. May have been injured, but didn't seem happy. Any more info would be appreciated.

2. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ahhhh F&^%!!!!! after a theory of him getting traded in another thread , I dont like the sounds of this .

3. CHthirteen

CHthirteen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Chicago
    'ok' isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for our big new number 9. Is he still trying to get match fitness? How'd he look?

4. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    apparently he scored the goal for us

5. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    20 year old that isn't match fit playing his first game with new people only looks ok while scoring a goal? Meh, I'll take it.

6. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    I recall being Pappa being merely ok in his 1st game vs Everton, although his touch impressed me immediately.

7. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Guillermo said Mikulic wasn't injuried, but didn't say why he left the game.

As for why Nazarit looked "merely ok", he didn't get many touches and his work rate isn't nearly as high as Chavez. I was at the game as well. He does have a physical element to his game, I remember him taking SKC players down a couple times.

8. Glad to hear Mikulic wasn't hurt. Nazarit looked strong. As said already, he looked less active than Chaves, but has a presence. Seems a lot like Barouch. Hard to give good feedback since the stands were behind the goal, low, and obstructed by netting. Wish they would move the stands back to the sidelines.

9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    It's unfortunate but they've made the practice area very unwelcoming. It's disappointing.

10. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire FB is reporting he picked up a knock during the game and was subbed. Not saying, just saying.

11. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    substitution was more precautionary than anything else

12. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We should set up camp on the earth mounds behind the west touchline. It would certainly be a better sightline than the bleachers.