Reserves Division Schedule

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by The Cadaver, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    In the past, I've just driven in the front gate and told the parking lot attendant that I'm here for the Galaxy reserve game. They give me a blank look and then point me to the free lot in the front.

With the noon time, I'm going to try to make it too. Given that SJ doesn't have a full roster, I know I'm taking my chances with this, and I promise not to complain if the game is cancelled. But if the blogmeister is reading this, could you check Thursday or Friday to make sure that the game is on, and if not, post a quick line on the blog. I'm going to check there before I leave for the game.

2. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might try to go too. Who knows, maybe some of us could get on the field as guest players for San Jose....

I wonder how many Quacks I could "accidentally" take out before they realized what I was up to and kicked me out of the game for injuring players on my own team... ;)

3. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

So theres hope?

:D

4. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    online MLS site, it says the game is at 1PM. Can anybody confirm if it is 12PM or 1PM?

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked with Lisa Rollins. The 1 PM time on the MLS site, in fact all the times shown on the MLS web site, are Eastern time. The game has been reset to 12:00 Noon Pacific time.

(Always subject to change, cancellation, etc.)

6. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since the reserve game is being played before the regular... will that give us insight into who ruud is planning on starting on saturday?

7. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    David Game vs. San Jose is tonight! Reserve game is tomorrow.

-Steve

8. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ill be there tomorrow, is there anything i cannot bring?

9. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loaded weapons.

BUT, you might want to being a lawn chair. There is no place to sit at University Field #1 as I recall.

I'll be there. Come say hello.

10. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will definitely have to make the home reserve game vs. Houston... I've definitely played against Stephen Wondolowski in college, and if he was playing right back for UC Santa Cruz, then I was directly matched up against him...

11. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i've played against stuart holden in online video games. does that count?

12. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Whoa, thats crazy, how did you know? Was his gamertag like "stuart_holden_u23_MLS_dynamo_2TIme_Champ#13" or something like that?

13. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    From the Blog:

Friday, April 4, 2008

Reserve Game Update

Greta job by the boys tonight winning 2-0 over the Quakes, but also a great job by you the fans. The Home Depot Center was rocking all night long.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have a good atmosphere at the reserve game which is being played on University Field #1. Please note that the kickoff time for this game has been moved forward one hour to 11 a.m.!!

See you out there tomorrow and we'll have more for you about tonight's win and the week to come.

Posted by LA Galaxy at 1:00 AM

14. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Great job by the blog!

Our attack works. The blog works. Everything is starting to come together!

15. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wish i could come up with a good excuse for why i wrote that... but i can't.
    i just had a total brain meltdown... don't know what i was thinking.

oops

16. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YIPES - I have to hit the road NOW!!

17. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks cadaver, good thing i didnt wake up at 11 gotta leave now!

18. Socrdork

Socrdork New Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Well the reserves lost 2-1. Buddle scored on a PK for us. SJ's first goal was a PK...Gavin got beat and pulled the player down. Then on the second goal Gavin let his player get inside on him and got beat again. The SJ player beat Wicks one on one.

Pass pack Pete was up to his same old stuff, Galaxy looked like they tied it up in the 85th minute when Jordan and the keeper went up for the ball and the keeper misplayed it, resulting in ball in goal...too bad the ref called a foul.

I thought Wicks' presence is much better than Cronin, that and when he makes a decision to come out he comes out.

19. envisionz

envisionz Member

Apr 11, 2004
    So Cali
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he used his last name as his alias.. he use to attend big tournaments in the dallas area.

20. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I thought Wicks looked pretty good too. Other than that, no one really stood out. Gavin had some problems on the defensive side although the mid opposite him (Sharpe) looked pretty good.

Jordan worked hard but just couldn't make the final touch. Buddle looked lethargic so I wouldn't expect him to replace Gordon anytime soon.

21. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were two bright spots - one real and the other a fun footnote.

The real one: Isreal Sesay plays with the enthusiasm of a kid, which he is, and is not afraid to use street soccer moves. He is fast and quick - not the same things - and just MAYBE will develop into something special. In any event, he showed me enough that I will want to go back and see him again. ITs been a long time since I saw anyone on LAG try to play with flair and this kid does.

The fun footnote: devotees of Reserve Matches will recall that there are occasionally guest players used to fill out the roster - one of the side "benefits" of MLS' draconian salary cap and roster limits. Well, we had a VERY SPECIAL guest player yesterday - Dan the Ticket Man!

Yes, LAG suited up one of the ticket reps to fill out the back line, and Dan played a respectable right back. Good on you, guy! He brought out most of the front office staff - his co-workers- to root him on. It was good to see that comeraderie and support, and it was fun to see him get into the game - a full 90 no less!

(No truth to the rumor that Bill Armstead was suited up on the bench chomping at the bit to come in.)

22. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Maybe Ruud could fill in one day, that would be great!

23. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

this is great news. I have really high hopes for this kid. Is there any chance we will see him as a sub in senior game any time soon? I know he is still young and inexperienced, but he can't be much worse than Gorddle. Why not give him a chance to run against the tired defense late in some upcoming games?

24. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he is ready. He needs to grow a bit and get seasoned. I am afraid he would get knocked off the ball too much by the big guys right now. There is potential, and it needs to be developed. You can kill a player's spirit by throwing him in too early.

25. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he is still only 17. No need to rush our future I guess. I am sure Ruud and Cobi know what they are doing. They won't play him until they think he is ready.