**Rescheduled** EJ & Adu: Aek - Aris (Playoffs) Sunday 5/9 9:45AM EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, May 3, 2010.

1. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Re: EJ & Adu: Aek - Aris (Playoffs) 5/6 19:00 Greek/12:00 ET

Neto is suspeded at Sunday against Aek and Wednesday against Olympiakos.
    Javito has really poor performance as well, rumours say that maybe gets replaced by Cesnauskis next season.
    Dont forget that Adu and Johnson need to rest as well, they play in every match. Cuper will try some sort of rotation at next matches but i think not tomorrow. Lets wait and see.

2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Even if we love Javito very much and he had good times and good performances during the years with some very important goals(Zaragoza for ex.), I think it's time for him to move because the expectations on the team are getting bigger for every year. He is not a bad player but not good enough if we want to play Champions League and fight for titles. But Cuper knows best so we have to wait until the summer to find out.

I think Johnson deserves to start cause Campora have been quite bad lately, but Johnson needs to rest as well so I think they will play 2 games each in those last 4 games. Same thing with Adu, I think he will start 2 more times in the playoffs.

3. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So the game is on tomorrow?

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

yeah, i am not very impressed with Meriem in recent games. he looked less than adequate.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Yea, meriems level has dropped, like adus when he got relegated to the bench.

6. NorCalFootie

NorCalFootie New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Via Twitter:

FreddyAdu11

Ok game officially cancelled. Returning back to thessaloniki after landing 45 mins ago

7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well aside from the dangerous environment, this is good for Aris, since they don't have to play on 3 days rest on Sunday.

8. babieca

babieca Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here's hoping all our freinds in Thessaloniki stay safe.

9. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: ** Game Cancelled** EJ & Adu: Aek - Aris (Playoffs) 5/6 19:00 Greek/12:00 ET

Is the game cancelled or just postponed? Because there's kind of a major difference there.

If it's just postponed, we should re-title the thread. The question is, are they going to make the game up or just cancel it?

10. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Re: ** Game Cancelled** EJ & Adu: Aek - Aris (Playoffs) 5/6 19:00 Greek/12:00 ET

Postponed, but we don't know yet when it'll be played.

11. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here's to peace and prosperity my Aris friends.

12. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

here we go
    Games are officially at Sunday
    Aek Aris 16:45 Greek / 9:45 Et

13. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Double-header?:p

14. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Which means?

15. Pull One Back

Pull One Back Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Knoxville, TN

A doubleheader is when in baseball two teams play each other twice in one day. The joke being Aris already had a game scheduled on Sunday.

Is the plan to just push back all games, with the playoffs ending Wednesday 5/19 instead of Sunday 5/16?

16. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Exactly. Playoffs end 5/19 instead of 5/16.
    Koke injured today, He will loose Sunday's match. That means Johnson for 90 minutes.

17. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That sucks for Aris. Not because EJ is bad, but Koke is very important to them.

18. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Wow, is that possible?

19. Metzengerstein

Jul 29, 2007

It is hard to imagine watching athletes stand around scratching their crotches for like seven hours, but yeah, that's what a baseball doubleheader is like.

20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

LMAO....exactly!!!!

soccer players run 100 miles in 90min
    baseball players crawl 100 memters 8 hrs

so yeah, they could go all day if needed....

21. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007

Baseball is paced for maximum beer drinking opportunity. Just make it back to your seat in time to see the 2,3,4,5 hitters every 3 innings and you got to see 90% of the action.

22. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey hold on now!!! I played baseball up to and including college, ( never made it pro-sigh :() and it's tied with soccer as my favorite sport. Baseball is a weird sport, it's like war I guess in that it's boring for a while and then the shit hits the fan, and you have to be ready to make the play.

Also, if you've ever face a pitcher who throws harder than 90mph then you know that the fear factor is very real in baseball. You need some big hombre balls to turn around a 4-seam 95mph pitch on the inside corner. I love baseball with a passion only rivaled by my love of soccer. (blame my Peruvian Dad!)

Anyways, double-headers are possible because the starting pitchers are different every game and he's the only player that wouldn't be able to play both games at the same position. Also, the catcher doesn't normally play both games either as it's a very grueling position to play. ( very hard on your knees)

23. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now you know a little more about our culture, next in line is the double-play ( or even the triple-play).:p

24. gabbar

gabbar New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan

Any news on the roster concerning Adu? Not good about Koke. What is his injury and prognosis? As a side things appear at least from over hear to be calmer, not that the situation has improved. Sometime when times are dire, sports can act as a soothing balm. Heres to hoping so, and an Aris win. Vamos Aris.

25. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Does Aris have tough training?

I believe this is the 3rd time in a month a player was excluded from a game due to a training injury. (of course some of the injuries could have developed in a game and aggravated in training)