RES Seating Question

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerAddict, Oct 19, 2004.

1. SoccerAddict

SoccerAddict Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Pullman, WA
    Would front row seats directly behind the north endzone, N24 or N25, be obstructed by the goal? Or are the seats high enough that you can see over the goal? I'm assuming the Ute football goal posts will be removed for RSL games.

Thanks.

2. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seats at the north end go down to about field level. So, you were directly behind the goal you will be watching most of the game through the net.

It's the south end that is situated above the crossbar. Those would be nice seats if available.

3. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    But when (or considering our that our biggest offensive threats will be Santino Quaranta & Chris Carrieri or something similar, I should say "if") RSL scores, the players can celebrate goals with North Enders.

You can also taunt visiting goalkeepers and visiting substitutes.

4. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be a northender next season as well. During the open-house I went and scouted seats there. There was a youth girls game going on so the goal was up as well as the football goalposts. Anything lower than about row 12 and you'll be viewing the entire game through the net. In my opinion, the best seats in the northend are N22 and N26. The are slightly off-center and give an unobstructed view of the entire field. I am in section N22 row 13.

There's one more thing to consider if you can. Since the northend is bleacher seating, there are seat numbers on each row that designates the seat area. Any of the corner sections from N22 - W16 and from N26 - E22 have the bleachers in a wedge shape. If you consider any of the seats in these sections it might be worth your time to go scout which row you want. In section N22 both row 12 and row 13 have the same number of seats. However, due to the wedge configuration, row 13 is actually longer than row 12 so the seats in row 13 have more room per seat. Row 12 is actually quite cramped. This seemed to be the case for pretty much the entire section in 2 and 3 row groups.

5. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To provide a visual of how the seating will be behind the goals here are some photos from Blitzz games held in Rice-Eccles. This game has shots off both goals to give you an idea of the difference.

Rice-Eccels Seating with Soccer Goals

6. SoccerAddict

SoccerAddict Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Pullman, WA
    Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, I live in the Boise, Idaho area, so I can't get to RES to scout any seats. :( When I put my deposit down, I requested my 2 seats to be in row 1 of either N22 or N26. I just wanted to get an idea of my other options for front row seating. I'm close to #200 on the list, so I'm not sure what will be available for me to choose from.

Has anyone received confirmation on their seating assignments yet? And what are the chances that I will actually get seats in the front row (slim-to-none, I suppose; but I can always hope)? :)

7. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the confirmation will come sometime late this week or early next week from what I've been told. I would say you have a pretty good chance of getting close to where you want to be. The stadium is pretty big and with 3 sides open even with 15k+ people it will look pretty empty.

By the way, welcome to the northend. :D

8. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    You live in Boise & you're buying season tickets? Are you going to move here, or are you going to drive down the 84 every other weekend?

You're in the early running for RSL Fan Of The Year.

We might have to start up Loyalists North.

9. SoccerAddict

SoccerAddict Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Pullman, WA
    My 6-year old son and I will be driving down to SLC every other weekend. My in-laws live in the Layton area, so we'll drive down early Saturday, and drive back Sunday afternoon. Although, if gas prices keep rising, it will be cheaper to fly.

10. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dangit! And I thought coming down from Logan was going to put me in the running. Oh well.

11. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think your nickname was well-chosen. I salute you!

12. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York
    How long is the drive?

13. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Although, Addict, you will have to compete with people that drive through Sardine Canyon during April snowstorms and people who talk their husbands into watching 3 kids under the age of 4 during game time.

14. SoccerAddict

SoccerAddict Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Pullman, WA
    It's about a 6 hour drive from my house to RES.

15. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you're getting season tickets? you are a soccer addict!

16. SoccerAddict

SoccerAddict Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Pullman, WA
    Another question...

I've noticed a 30-second play clock in a few photos of the stadium. Will that remain in place during the RSL season? How many rows of Section N26 are obstructed by the clock?

17. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    I don't remember it being there during Blitzz games.

Maybe a Blitzz fan who actually got to pay attention to the games could confirm that.