Requesting Manchester United History Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by Sapphire, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over in the Manchester United Forum, we've been having a discussion for the past couple of weeks about a History sub-forum. I'm not sure if our moderators have (or are able to) request one on the mod-only boards, but I thought I'd try this official channel just in case. We have a thread going about our thoughts:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586326

I was reading in another thread that 10 active posters should support a new forum; we have 13 pro-History Forum votes on the thread I link to above.

If it's not clear why we would request such a forum, we have had a collection of absolutely stunning threads from a handful of posters which garner great interest from other forum readers about the history of our club. Because our forum is so busy, these amazing threads are often pushed off the front page after 24 hours or so and mixed in with endless mundane threads on transfers, Wayne Rooney's foot, Cristiano Ronaldo's many diamonds, and so forth. If it would help the Uber-Mods come to a decision, I would be happy to link to a couple of these history-oriented threads; you might then see why we want to have a place for them to be preserved and to encourage the kind of detailed and thoughful writing that they display.

Thanks.

2. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Would very much like to have this forum made.

The moderators on the Man Utd. boards have not answered any of our questions or tried to help at all, so it would be great if the moderator of this forum can let us know what we need to do to make this happen.

3. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Also for it. As the second most popular forum on BigSoccer (per BS wiki entry), I think it deserves to have another subforum, especially given that there are probably well over 30 threads which could go directly there.

4. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I completely agree. Manchester United must have a subforum.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It worked! :eek:

Thanks!! :)

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004