Reports in France claim ManU not too happy with TH, still interested in Frey [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Fah Que, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    ManU unhappy with Howard and looking to buy a new keeper

According to skysports

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=169661

2. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    HAHA

HAHA...jeez the french are the some funny a$$ people....

This guy might come into United allright, to sit the bench behind USA's future #1 for the rest of his career...timmy is playing spectacular football right now, and us a united fan and out of all the hardcore united fans that I know none of them are disappointed in timmy, they think he was the best acquistion the team made in the offseason...

Timmy will be in the nets for ManU for many years too come....

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frey is an idiot.

4. laddi

laddi New Member

May 7, 2003
    I dont buy that. He says that the last contact they made was in the summer before howard proved himself.

The french press prob have a double agenda. They dont like the guy that replaced barthez and would probably love it if a frenchman would get this job.

Utd have been praising him alot so i dont believe this. They need somebody who is reliable and Howards seems to be that from what ive seen Frey is not. He´ll make wonder saves and bad errors maybe similar to barthez there but i would not nearly as good

But Im sure utd are looking at frey and other keepers. Im sure Howard knows this as well as anybody that no gk is as highlighted as the one who plays for utd and you dont get a lot of chances

5. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Re: HAHA

You dont have to dollarify the word "ass" on BigSoccer. It passses the censor just fine.

Oh yes. I remember now.

I like cheese.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ferguson's comments after United's shock 1-3 defeat yesterday:

Sorry, but that could not be argued as "Fergie-speak" for wanting to replace Tim Howard.

7. branko97

branko97 Member

May 30, 2001
    New York City
    The last thing United would do is sign another cheese-eating surrender monkey axis of weasel keeper!

A bas les Francaises!

8. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ManU unhappy with Howard and looking to buy a new keeper

What a load of garbage.

Every ManU message board I've read says the same thing:

"Our offseason signing period was pathetic. We chased after a bunch of guys we didn't get, and then we signed a bunch if guys who were either not ready, or never will be, because they wrok cheap...

...except for Howard. He's the lone bright spot and one of our best bargains in years."

Same thing over and over again. ManU fans are ecstatic with Howard and Ferguson has had nothing but praise for him.

9. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Yeah, they moved their veteran, World Cup winning keeper because they felt extremely shaky about the performance of their young keeper. Makes perfect sense.

10. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    maybe b. munich are unhappy with kahn

"like chelsea and bayern munich"??

chelsea maybe, but bayern munich? what is this guy smoking? and where can I get some?

11. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: maybe b. munich are unhappy with kahn

yes bayern munich, idiot. they are looking for a new keeper since khan is getting old and he hasnt been playing that good.

12. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    impale yourself

thanks for the info, impaled. I don't follow the Bundesliga so I was not aware. Thanks also for being an ass.

13. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth
    following horrible defeat at Old Tafford : i'm just curious if Tim has a good relationship (on & off the field) with the defenders, seems to me there's something going on between him and Ferdinand and also Bartez's friend, Silvestre is back there, hope i'm wrong. I think Defenders have full control of a goalie career, they can make him look good or bad.

14. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    ferdinand has a lot on his mind these days. I think the defenders, especially Silvestre, made themselves look bad more than Tim Howard.

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
  16. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    So, the ManU defenders are deliberately making themselves look bad so that ManU will get rid of Howard and get some untested French guy or better yet, get Barthez back.

This is the purest form of BigSoccer,

Whatever you are smoking, I want some.

17. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you don't know who Sebastien Frey is, you're the one smoking something. Best 'keeper in Serie A, and he'll be somewhere big next season. If he counts as "untested" than what category does Howard come under? But saying that ManU aren't happy with Tim is unfounded right now, he's doing great. You just have to expect that the GK comes under a little fire for conceding 3 goals--especially if it's "some untested American." I'm sure he'll prove them all wrong.

18. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    agreed.

I've been watching Frey for 4 years now...first with verona (I think) , now with parma. The kid is excellent.

19. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    you might expect that, but it hasn't really happened. a good chunk of united supporters voted him motm on their website. saf said he was "marvellous".

20. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    He's not even a top five Serie A keeper, and it don't get much bigger than serie A. CHelsea and Bayer Munich would be better served looking at Hartman, Brown, Thornton, or Walker.

21. Nogra Rover

Nogra Rover New Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Bethesda, MD
    Admittedly I don't know much about Frey, but why isn't he even in the French mix for Euro 2004?

22. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    I think the idea that Man U is looking to dump Tim is ridiculous, but do you people seriously not know who Sebastian Frey is?

23. Emre5

Emre5 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    chelsea,the death of
    YEAH
    frey is a hot property

24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yes, he is in fact a hot property. I do not think he is going to Man Utd. He supposed to be heading to Bayern Munich to replace Kahn. The media or whoever is stirring up something for his big departure to Bayern Munich or elsewhere. He probbaly ends up with Chelsea. Kahn still got something left in him.

25. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Tim's agent trying to create a false competition to drive his comission up...