Report: FC New York Might Not Be Ready In 2010

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by KaptPowers, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Chris (cosmos)

you are hopeful on FCNY owners...its a misguided waste of hope and time...
    you are believing some thing thats not true in this case that the owners are actually smart and compitent person...

fcny aint happening and if the fcny owner lets say he patches a rag tag team to play in the 2 team league usl guess what in 2 years it folds....

2. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    the FC NY can be nominated for WORST SPORTS FRANCHISE EVER

3. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say it's as bad, I'd say it's worse. While being named after a REPULSIVE ENERGY DRINK at least they exist, have a stadium and a league to play in. On the other hand, you have a team that on April Fool's claimed that it would 'slay the bull' by being a true and proper NYC team, and hence named itself FC New York. It's just too bad that they're supposedly playing on a turf field in Long Island, in a league that has 3 other teams and will most likely be a 3rd division in 2010. And no one is sure that they'll even play a game. Not for nothing, but I think it's pretty obvious that someone at FC New York did indeed slay a bull, cut out all the sh!t, and served it on a platter to all of their prospective fans.

4. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't really blame him. The "enterprise" has no other public face at this point. It would be one thing if they didn't have a Web site at all but had just registered the domain and parked it somewhere. But for them to put up this hack job is just an embarrassment and leaves you no choice but to accept the impression they are a complete joke at best.

5. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling them a franchise, even a bad one, would be a compliment at this point.

6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    http://www.newyorkusl2010.com/Home_Page.html

If the homepage of FCNY's still looks like this when you made that 1st phone call, I'm sorry to say that they are not starting up at all. It sounds like they are doomed. Now just because I typed that doesn't mean I'm against them starting up, but if they haven't made any updates since that home page was created on April 1st, I'm sorry to say that they are done & dusted.

But I hope I'm proven wrong. The USL is a mess. All Marcos will do is accept the money for franchise operating in USL-1st & 2nd and they screw you when those clubs are begging for help. Greedy Bastards they are.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In what way?

I know the NASL is the flavor of the week around here (ironic considering when those initials were brought up in any discussion over the last 10 years, young people with no memory or sense of history said "Ewww, it failed, get it away from me."), but, seriously...it's like they're playing Jedi mind tricks on people. Some of you just continue to say "This is really shaping up," or "Wow, this is going to be great" when there's almost NO realistic reason to believe that.

As we sit here today, the NASL is a league that has these teams:
    • A.C. St. Louis - has never played a game, is owned by a mesothelioma lawyer and has one of Europe's worst managers ever.
    • Atlanta Silverbacks - haven't played in two years and couldn't draw flies when they did
    • Carolina RailHawks FC - have seen their attendance drop steadily, though their owner insists they're just not giving away as many tickets as they used to
    • Crystal Palace Baltimore - a USL2 team moving up
    • Miami FC - a complete disaster from the word go
    • Minnesota Thunder - an organization on paper, only, it seems, a financial wreck
    • Montreal Impact - a very good organization...that's likely gone in a few years
    • Rochester Rhinos - once an outstanding organization on the surface, rebuilding after nearly going under
    • Tampa Bay Rowdies - has never played a game, has no stadium announced and is relying on green-and-gold hoop socks to do the work of actually selling tickets
    • Vancouver Whitecaps - outstanding organization that'll be replaced by one in Edmonton

That sounds great.

Now, obviously, USL-1 has been left with virtually nothing as well. It might be in their best interests to just combine their professional teams into one league until stuff sorts out. I'm not saying USL is far and away in better shape...I'm saying look realistically at what the NASL actually has.

The fearsome Portuguese mafia...

Three divisions in one? I don't believe USSF actually recognizes a 4th and 5th division. Maybe nobody has tried. But USL has several options, seeing as how this is very likely not a permanent set of circumstances we're dealing with here.

And here's the crux, really...what is it, exactly, that would lead one to believe that this group of individuals can do that? Just because they're not USL? The devil you don't know?

At the end of the day, this is still second division soccer. You're going to get to August and look around and the NASL will still be averaging 4-5k a game, with Montreal doing really well and Miami still unable to draw anybody. There will be growing pains, as there are with any league. Just breaking away is not going to be a panacea for soccer in this country.

As for FCNY...well, sometimes you can tell a lot from first impressions. This was an ambitious undertaking from the get-go. But it looks like they've taken that and run with it...in the opposite direction.

8. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/newyorkusl2010.com#trafficstats

According to Alexa.com, these search engine key words drive people to the MS Paint/FCNY website. Yawn...I'm going to bed....
    Search Terms Driving Traffic

Top keywords driving traffic to newyorkusl2010.com from search engines. Updated monthly.

• fc new york
    • f.c. new york
    • "fc new york"
    • queen group support football club
    • 10 f = ?'c
    • when does usl 2010 season start?
    • hoffstra house munich

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    In other words from the former John Cleese of Monty Python.

STONE F'EN DEAD!

10. Soccerfan28

Soccerfan28 Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Is there anymore tryouts to the team i would like to tryout

11. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There will be new tryouts in Jan. Get in touch with the technical team and they will give you all the information that you need.

12. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're aware that this team will most likely never take the field? Do yourself a favor and look for another team. At the very least, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!

13. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    LOL! Get in touch with the Technical Team. That is so funny NYC_Cosmos. Where is the phone number? Who is the head of the Technical Team? Where are the people running this so-called FC New York club of the future. NYC's club of the future?

Have you called that number on their main page? I have. No answering machine. No messages about the club. In fact continous ringing of the phone and a voice saying "I'll connect you to that extension" when I never pushed a button on my phone. I heard that message three times inbetween the phone ringing. Shouldn't there be a phone message from these people? At least an explination of why they are or aren't available?

I mean these are simple things, aren't they? You are in denial of this FC New York club that has closed their doors, yet you want us to believe you when we can see with our own eyes that their website hasn't changed since April Fools Day of 2009.

http://www.newyorkusl2010.com/Home_Page.html

If they are still in business NYC_Cosmos wouldn't it be a bit truthful to put up new information? A new Phone Number, a new website address. A new message on that website to apologize for not starting up right away due to certain financial problems of some sort. Seriously, you as their spokesman is not enough.

Right now you are in a fantasy world that's called FC New York. These people are such big talkers trying to take on Red Bull NY & they did absolutly nothing after they made their big announcement of being a part of the USL.

To Soccerfan28: Go ahead and tryout for them, let me know if these are real people and not cardboard cut outs that talk back saying "THE MEGA MILLIONS JACKPOT IS NOW" speech.

14. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how does one "get in touch with the technical team?"

15. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    You don't. They will get in touch with you. That is if they are still alive.

16. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey what do FCNY and Jimmy Hoffa have in common?

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    "They" as in the team or the league?

18. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Do you have what it takes to play professional soccer?

If you or someone you love would like to tryout for FC New York, we will be having open tryouts at an undisclosed location this spring. To get yourself into the tryouts, please send me your contact info and credit card information NOW.

Warmly,
    FC New York.

:D

19. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When the old Meadowlands gets razed and the floor gutted they will find the remains of Jimmy Hoffa and FCNY?

20. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand you can also get unlimited access to your Credit reports too!

21. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
  22. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to USL CEO Alec Papadakis, FCNY requested a delay until 2011 citing the fact that they were not ready. Surprise!

23. Gerrard8

Gerrard8 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    where did you read that?

24. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So all those poor souls who went to the tryout completely wasted their money?