Report Discredits F.B.I. Claims of Abuse at Guantánamo Bay

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Sine Pari, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Read the report itself here - http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jul2005/d20050714report.pdf

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But, but, but...Karl Rove...

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Well, exactly, Karl Rove. Like Rove, Schmidt has declared himself innocent.

Since the topic is the military covering up abuses at Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, and Bagram (and I assume elsewhere), I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess this isn't the end of the story.

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that the US military would claim that the US military did nothing wrong at Guantanamo.

That is a very risky position for them to take.

5. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Let's admire them.

6. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Claiming an act is not inapprioprate because it is 'approved' speaks only to the impropriaty of their approvals. Lingere? Fake menstural blood? Please. Think about the contention being made. 'The allegations are false because we say we get to" Its like the New Your Police shrugging off the shooting of the guy who pulled out his wallet by saying "Accepted department peocedures were followed" Well no problem then.

Its time to cast the fish eye on those doing the 'approving'.

7. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    This is pure whitewash. Investigation of US military actions by the US military against 'standards' set by the US military. And an admission that ten interrogators no longer in the military wouldn't answer questions. Interesting that putting a detainee on a dog leash and getting him to perform 'tricks' is apparently within guidelines. When this kind of sh1t arose in Iraq, we were told that it was 'isolated individuals'. So much for that theory. Seems like abuse may in fact have got approved higher up the food chain.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Boy, I've read that six times and it still makes no sense.