Replacing traxion FG studs

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by OSFP7, Nov 26, 2004.

1. OSFP7

OSFP7 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    A common problem with the traxion studs that could not be replaced was that when they had worn down the boot was useless, and could not be used. One way that some professional players got around this was to sand down the remainder of the traxion studs, and put conventional metal studs into the boot.

Does anybody know how this is accomplished? How are the conventional studs put in to the boot after the traxion studs have been shaved down?
    I have a pair of predators FG, that i could converto to SG using this method.

It has been done on this site....
    http://www.geocities.com/adipredweb/prototypes/accel6siwhite.htm

2. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    what kind of ground you plays on :confused:

3. OSFP7

OSFP7 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    cement

actually, right now i play on field turf, but i dont have a pair of SG shoes, and wanted to know how to convert my worn and pretty much useless FG cleats to SG like in the link above.

have you done this before, or have any idea how its done?

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You could try asking a cobbler they might be able to do it for you?

appleCORR

5. OSFP7

OSFP7 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    cobbler?

what is that?

i was just wondering if the screw in replacement cleats you get for normal soft ground shoes are the ones that are used to do this modification.

it seems to me that the screws on those kind of cleats are are too long and would dig in to the bottem of your feet.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, a cobbler is someone who mends shoes and puts new soles and heels on them when you need it. Well thats what we called them in the UK!

I think if you just drilled holes in the place where you want to studs you'd loose them never mind digging in your feet. You need to get something fitted in your boots for the stud to screw into.

But good luck!

appleCORR

7. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    if you can find stud inserts, your in business