Renato Sanches: Fly Like an Eagle

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Sumol, Mar 29, 2016.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Right. Says the dude who can't admit his club is fixing games at an unprecedented rate. Any player would look great when they play for a club who isn't allowed to lose int he league with phantom PKs and bullshit offside goals. Sanches is evidence of that. Credit to SLB and Jorge Mendes, they've fooled a lot of big clubs into buying their trash products.

Like I said, Sanches = Bebe. No different.

2. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Learning every day, I did not know that we developed Lindelof or Gaitan

verde-rubro repped this.
  3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're right. You guys also didn't develop Semedo either. My bad.

4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    We purchased Semedo from Sintrense as a youth player, I believe he was 18 so yes most of he development was done by other teams but we did do some development preparing him to play in the first league. The other two players, we purchased them and the played in the first team right away, kind of different.

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lindelof did not play in the first team right away. He didn't crack the first team until 2013-2014.

6. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like the term "dick rider"

I'll use that one sometime

7. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sausage jockey

artielange84 and SCP_16 repped this.
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea me too. Kinda came up with it on the fly. lol.

9. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sanches was much better today, some good moments but nothing amazing. Just wanted to beat some special needs people to the punch that dislike him because he came from a different tribe than one they have been brainwashed to love blindly with cult like passion.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't mind Sanches hope he does good he was good in the euro 2016

Also Joao mario seems to be doing better at inter so far. Bruno Fernandes killing it. Portugal is gonna have a beast mode midfield at World Cup 18

11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The other posts were deleted but not this guy who is talking about the same crap as the deleted posts?

12. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :thumbsup:

13. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    B.Fernandes scored quite a few goals for Udinese a few years back and looked really good. With Sampdoria he didn't seem to play as much, not sure if there was any injuries. He also always performed well for the Portugal youth teams, and now Sporting got him for a steal. I can't help but wonder how long it's going to take for people to clue into how good he is. Seems like he is still somehow under the radar.

14. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    He did look better against Tottenham and it really looks like he needs to work on his stamina after playing so little for the past year.

Naturally, the British media ripped him again for his performance (though not as bad as in his first PL match). The thing that is most annoying about it is the idea that he should be creating all kinds of scoring opportunities for his team. I'm not saying shouldn't be expected to directly contribute to goal-scoring, but his breakout season for Benfica included seven goals and assists combined across 47 matches (playing 79 minutes on average). Since then he has played in 28 matches (playing 37 minutes on average) without a goal or assist and critics act like he's some utter failure for that. I think everyone, his managers included, are still trying to figure out what type of midfielder Renato is, yet because Bayern spent so much on him and he scored a goal at Euro 16 some people think he's got to be contributing like an experienced, goal-hunting attacking mid would do.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jesus. The blind adoration for this chump is f*cking staggering. Mind-blowing, actually.

Yea, he had some decent passes, and their only real build-up attacking threat came form a good Sanches pass. Outside of that, all he did was walk around while the rest of his team was running. He has no confidence. He plays like he doesn't care. He's not even checking in for the ball, nor does it look like he has any desire to possess the ball every chance he gets.

Not sure what they're instructing him to do because he is playing deep as a CDM, which does not suit him. Sanches needs to be free roaming to be able to effective, but he isn't going to get that anywhere outside of SLB.

16. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Yes, there's too much effusive praise flowing around here after Saturday's match. "Blind adoration" such as:

- Sanches was much better today, some good moments but nothing amazing
    - I don't mind Sanches hope he does good
    - He did look better against Tottenham

Wow, just really over-the-top stuff coming from every angle!

nbstriker8, Nani_17 and eurodad repped this.
  17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My comment was in regards to this thread as a whole. You guys couldn't recognize talent, or lack of, if your life depended on it. There is nothing special about Sanches. Nothing.

Moreover, you're the first to bitch about how the English analyzed his performance. They were spot-on. You aren't. So stop bitching and complaining like your Sanches' attorney. Did you watch the game? A couple of good passes, then walked around the pitch all game. Didn't show for the ball, didn't go after the ball. Just ordinary and lackluster, considering the dick-sucking you all give him.

I don't think pundits in England are asking for a world-class performance and a goal scoring record. But a performance worthy of any type of praise he's been given would be nice. I mean, they're pundits for a reason, and you aren't. I know you're used to Abola, Record and other Benfica dick-riding media blowing this scrub hard, but England isn't as corrupt. Maybe if Sanches ran a little bit, went after the ball, creating some attacking plays, etc., there would be a bit more praise. Soon the world will know this dude is overrated. By then, your throat might be too sore.

18. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  19. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Are we talking about the same pundits that use to rip on Ronaldo ? Same pundits that never gave the Portuguese NT any respect at all ? I take anything from and English commentator on anything Portuguese with a grain of salt. Just saw the video that VR posted, not spectacular but not bad either.

Nani_17 repped this.
  20. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Renato Sanches was born in Birmingham and his name was Gerard Westborough Graham the III, the same guys would have praised him. Most people hate us, but none more than the English.

nbstriker8 and eurodad repped this.
  21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    There are a few similarities to Freddy Adu's career , notwithstanding that both are former encarnados and youth prodigies.

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehh disagree. Adu was fine at Benfica but at that time coaches were a revolving door.

Renato has done ten times more at a professional level than Adu.

Adu just had one very good u20 world cup.

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'd say more like Bebe, except Bebe didn't score against Poland. That's about it.

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Bebe hasn't play for the NT yet

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well, Bebe isn't overhyped Lampiao trash like Sanches. Soon, the Lampiao media will have to face reality.