Remember the NHL?

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 7, 2005.

1. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  2. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Yeah--that is not a good sign for long-term health at all.

I hope he holds on.

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    man, i need some BLUES hockey

5. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
  6. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
  7. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    nah, so he can end up in columbus and they can kick everyones ass with him, nash, zherdev, ect... :D

8. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Columbus? Another hockey hotbed! The NHL folks. Bringing you the likes of the mighty Atlanta Trashers, the mighty Nashville Predators, the mighty Carolina Hurricanes, the mighty Columbus Blue Jackets, and the mighty Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Hockey.

9. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus has actually proven to do very well for itself in terms of marketing and such and while Bettman has made any number of mistakes in his tenure, putting a team in Columbus wasn't one of them.

And, I mean, they must have done something in Tampa Bay when the last season was played.

10. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    uh... youve obviously not been to a game in columbus. knowledgable fan base, and good (if not great, esp in light of the teams gross underachieving on the ice) support from the city... quite unlike, say, phoenix.

columbus is very much a hockey town.

11. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Brian, you are living proof that the BigSoccer Rep System is a total sham.

12. VON9905

VON9905 New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Hey, I know those cities aren't known as hockey hotbeds, but if they still have a pro team in 20 years time, then they might become more of a staple of the community. Plus, we southern folks deserve to have pro hockey just like all the other typical hockey towns. I live in Huntsville, and hockey is actually fairly big here. We just lost our NBDL team, but the hockey team is rolling along. University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) is mostly responsible for the popularity since they won titles in Division II almost s decade ago, but hockey does nearly as well as baseball here. Anyway, I know what just said didn't really matter, but I just wanted to let people know that hockey is followed down South fairly well. I just hope in 5 years time, we have at least Atlanta or Nashville to represent the South.

-Von

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the hockye hotbeds are just fine toronto, boston , detroit, chicago, montreal, only new york is having a tough time trying ti survive all they needs is new management.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hockey is surviving in NY just fine, the fans still how up. It's just the team and management that sucks.