Remaining TV schedule....

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Cweedchop, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    For those of you lucky enough to have the DirecTV Shootout package, all the remaining games will be televised..

Sat, Sept 6

at New England - 7:30 pm DTV Channel 794

--------------------------------------------------

Thurs, Sept 12

at Metrostars - 7:30 pm ESPN2

Sat, Sept 14

vs. Metrostars - 7:30 pm DTV Channel 795

Thurs, Sept 19

vs. Dallas - 7:30 pm ESPN2

That's it folks...

Interesting to note the two games with the Metrotards are 2 days apart.. That Saturday game has the potential to be a goalfest with some tired players.. Hopefully we will still have a chance at a playoff birth when that game comes to pass..

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks Cweedchop.

I can see the New England game at Summers!

GREAT!

Big game on ESPN2 this Thursday. Hopefully Dallas can take care of business.

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    NY could be without Diallo and they will miss Ziadie as well...fingers crossed.

4. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    When are schedules determined? The DC/NY games are both close to September 11, so I think the league purposely put them together; kinda of like the unity games, but without the name.

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Well Dallas plays 3 games in a week, with the Metros being the last game. Rather than play their starters in games 1 and 3 (giving them a week's rest) they elected to play the subs in game 1 so they could play the starters in games 2 (US Open Cup at LA Galaxy) and game 3 (at home against Metros) so the Burn are guaranteed to be very very fatigued. The Metros have a good chance to steal a game at Dallas. :(

The Burn's rationale is that MLS salaries aren't very high, and the Open Cup offers an opportunity to make some extra cash (6k is a LOT of money to low salaried players). Unfortunately, this strategy has already backfied because the sub defense let in 3 goals at Colorado and the Burn lost despite scoring 2 goals (1 by Ed Johson the star of the U-20's).

Oh well, we have a very good chance at New England and in both Metros games. By the end of the season Dallas may be out of contention for the Supporters' Shield and may not risk showing too much or injuring players just before the playoffs, and maybe we have a chance to steal some points in Dallas as well.

Curious thought, but Chicago plays Columbus twice more. One at each's home stadium. If Chicago manages to beat the Crew once and draw with them in the other (I know, it's very unlikely predicting a tie) and we win out, we could conceivably still win the East and get the 2nd playoff slot. Crazy year ... crazy.

-Tron

6. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Diallo could be out for quite some time.. Ziadie however will be available for our game on the 12th.. He will sit out Thursday nights game against the Burn then be back in the lineup..

7. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    Is the DirecTV match v the Revs available as pay-per-view for subscribers?

8. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Yeah but I still want them to lose to Dallas and this could help some.

9. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Summers shows the Direct TV MLS games? I learn something new everyday :)

10. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Maybe we should organize something for this? I know where I'll be this Saturday night though.