Remaining TV Coverage

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by apqjr, Sep 8, 2004.

1. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Before I start to gripe......I do remember when there was NO coverage of World Cup Qualification for the U.S. AND I also realize we are on the bottom of the "major" sports totem pole in this country. I am also very grateful for having at least something to watch BUT DAMNNNNNNN is anyone else at least a little peeved that after today (according to the USSF schedule) the rest of the matches won't be shown live? :mad:

2. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    I'd wait until after this match to hear anything about these games being shown.

I'm sure they'll be on in some capacity, if they can't get them on ESPN2 live I see no reason why they won't get them on FSW.

3. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    I know tv coverage plans change SOMETIMES but according to the website:

10/9/04 at El Salvador Estadio Cuscatlan
    (San Salvador, El Salvador ) 7:30 p.m. MT TBD

10/13/04 vs. Panama RFK Stadium
    (Washington, D.C.) 7:30 p.m. ET ESPN2 (SDD - 10 p.m. ET)
    Telemundo (SDD - 11:30pm ET/PT)

11/17/04 vs. Jamaica Crew Stadium
    (Columbus, Ohio) 8 p.m. ET ESPN (SDD - 9:30 p.m. ET)
    Telemundo (SDD - 11:30pm ET/PT)

The 10-9-04 match, as of right now, will only be shown from a closed-circuit PPV feed via a pub or bar. C. R. Sports Industry is the exclusive WORLDWIDE TV rightsholder of El Salvador National Team home matches through 2006.

I really DO hope the tv plans change. I also want to reiterate, I am grateful that we at least have something, but a little venting is also healthy! :D

4. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't particulary care :D

THe @ El Sal game is totally out of our hands.

I will be at the RFK game

THe Jamaica game will mean nothing because we've already clinched.

5. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL

I'm pretty sure that last year during the Hex (!!!), there was no cable coverage of our wind at San Pedro Sula. I'm almost positive I had to spend $19 on that (well worth it, given the outcome).

I only raise this to point out that I think getting a feed and setting up in ElSal may have similar issues. I seem to recall something like that being an issue.

6. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR
    i think if espn doesnt carry this fsw will eventually pick it up. i remember we didnt hear about them picking up the mexico friendly until a week or so before.

7. kurgen99

kurgen99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I just ponied up some more money after getting TIVO to get FSWorld. Someone better show the game.