Relegation is not all that bad

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Wilko66, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Wilko66

Wilko66 New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    WHY?

1) All the players that don't want to be at West Ham would leave
    2) We would be less likely to move to the Olympic Stadium
    3) Season tickets would be cheaper
    4) We would not spend stupid amounts of money on pointless signings
    5) Grant would be sacked
    6) We get to play Millwall twice :)

I don't want to be relegated but if it happens (which it will) It's not the end of the world.

2. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    No, Kojak and Dead Snake would stay.
    Still likely to move to the Olympic stadium.

3. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    The last time this happened we lost too many players ,a whole bunch of whom are internationals! James, Defoe, Lampard, Cole, Carrick etc,etc; if we'd kept most of the ones who left we'd be in the top 4!
    Add in Bellamy, Benayoun, Konchesky, Zamora, Etherington,Collins, and on and on, what a team the Hammers have provided to everyone else! It's sickening!

4. shootemhigh

shootemhigh Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    & look at the managers we lost, Pards, Curbs, Zola, Grant, Hughes..haha.
    If we do go down I'll feel sorry for Noble, to having to keep going through this up - down -up
    Reckon he'll be gone probably playing for Spurs.

5. shootemhigh

shootemhigh Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Thought it might be the rduction in teams that's sending us down but the first reduction to 22 teams in 92/93 we were getting promoted and when the teams were further reduced to 20 in 95we were still up. So since 1995 W Ham have spent 13 years up and 2 down.
    Funny stats as the Irons went down in 91/92 then 02/03 so following that line next relegation should be 13/14. Technically we're safe this season.

6. whufc_tom

whufc_tom New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be fair though James, Defoe, Lampard, Cole etc were always probably going to leave if we didn't get relegted, unless we qualified for Europe, as they were, and are, brilliant players. They all went to top teams (apart from Spurs) so it's always going to be tough to keep hold of these types of players. Same with Benayoun and Bellamy, and maybe Collins. Plus we could have always done with the money. But at least we have something to brag about.

West Ham is the academy of football. :D

Now it's time to keep hold of these players and push on ourselves. Sullivan and Gold will keep the club afloat so maybe we will.

7. whufc_tom

whufc_tom New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well Noble has never actually been relegated. :rolleyes: :)

8. shootemhigh

shootemhigh Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Really !??? I could have sworn I saw him come off the bench before we were relegated in 2003 but you're right he made his debt with the first team in 2004. Blimey, old age and all that. Ta for the correction.

9. 79West

79West New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    No no no no no..........c'mon you can't be saying this.

Relegation will kill the club financially. It would be going in the opposite direction. We want to go up, not down. It's always up with West Ham.
    Grant should stay not go. The players should stay and we should remove the dead wood (or snake as it were).

We will survive this year and stay in the epl........you'll see. I have faith in Grant, Obinna, Pique, Parker, Green, and Upson.

10. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    But not apparently in Green, Noble or Parker

11. whufc_tom

whufc_tom New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    His only 23 but Noble is, and has been for a while, a very important player on and off the pitch. He should be starting to have a look in, in the England IMO. Especially in a few years when Gerrard and Lampard start to play less and less for England. Players in central midfield could become a needed when they start to go. Although Milner should be getting one of the stating places. Anyway... sorry to go on about England lol.

12. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think relegation is a bad thing. I dont want to be relegated. I want to stay in the Premier League.
    Dammit! I want to win the Premier League
    I want to see West Ham marching forwards from the shadows of the slough of despond that is relegation and on to the sunlit uplands that is triumphant european competition.
    Because I am West Ham and I believe!

13. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Root canals are all that bad either but I don't want to have one unless I can't avoid it.

14. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. shootemhigh

shootemhigh Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Some of the past purchases I just don't get. Case in point is Winston Reid,. A couple of games then he vanishes. Why did they buy him where is he going ?

16. shootemhigh

shootemhigh Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  17. whufc_tom

whufc_tom New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he got injured and was out for a few weeks. He has been a regular in reserve games but i don't think he can get in the team with Gabbidon, Da Costa, Ben Haim and probably Tomkins ahead of him. Plus he has to get used to the Premier League but i suppose it's hard to give him a chance with players ahead of him. I very much doubt he'll leave, in fact he won't. Not this season anyway. He is a good player, it's just a typical case of players getting used to the Prem. But apart from Piqi and Hitz, and Ben Haim we didn't really buy players with Prem experience, which we need to do in Jan.

Get players we know will do the job.

18. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    instead of buying a group of depth players, we need to buy just one or two good starters

19. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Talking about England, its a bloody shame Stephen Gerrard seems to have hurt his hamstring in the game against France. This'll probably mean he wont be able to start at the weekend..
    I'm truly gutted.

20. whufc_tom

whufc_tom New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know i feel the same. I had to hold back the tears.

21. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    And Torres too apparently. Its hardly worth watching now:(

Oh pass me the box of tissues
    :D

22. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. whufc_tom

whufc_tom New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  24. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Hubris is a bitch!;)
    Anyway we havent won at Anfield for 40 years so Parker or no Parker, Gerrard or no Gerrard, Torres or no Torres, its our turn. 2-0 to the Hammers,

Dont you get it?

ITS OUR TURN! The fact that the world and his wife knows that we are going to lose once more at Anfield only ensures our victory.
    As I said hubris is a bitch, and this smells like scouse hubris

25. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England