Reggina v Juve - 23/2/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by dor02, Feb 23, 2008.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have one of the more easier matches this weekend. We thrashed Reggina at home but this time, we will have Trez and Iaquinta out. Zebina is out too but he isn't much of a loss. If we win and Roma loses, we will go to second on the ladder.

2. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    I think Buffon is been rested too isn't he? Or so I read somewhere. Have a bad feeling about this, we better not underestimate them and end up with a huge upset.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But only on paper. I'm pretty sure it will be a very tough away match ... since they will be fighting like hell in order to avoid relegation and as you mentioned, we'll have to replace our complete attack (Trezegol & Iaquinta).

4. Mistaken_Identity

Mistaken_Identity New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Reggina 1-0 up at the moment after 35 mins

5. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    1st half wasn't bad...there were some nice build ups and clever passes but we haven't been able to get any great shots off. They should have called a PK for nedved, and sissoko missed an open shot. They don't deserve to be down but they gotta play better in the second half.

6. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    I thought someone was offside on the goal no? It wasn't the worst foul i've seen but Nedved was fouled for a penalty. The officials hate US. We need to keep it simple and we can win. Palladino needs to help ALEX. Sissoko, you can't have a cup of tea in the midfield before someone challeges you, get used to it, pick up your paCE.

7. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    I don't think Brienza was the one who was offsides, so they didn't call it.

Sissoko gets fouled in the box, obviously call, yet there was no call.
    Juve is playing very well this half but aren't getting any luck

8. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    wHAT THE HELL IS SISSOKO DOING?

9. JD75

JD75 Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Obvious penalty.

Pure madness from Sissoko.

10. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    big mistake by sissoko who was having a good half. not sure where the other defenders were. juve had a two or three chances that SHOULD have been called as PKs. i don't care, it was a bull sh*t game. Juve played 100 times better. yes I'm pissed

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There was no way Amoruso would have gotten that ball. Sissoko had no business going up with that dangerous kick. He blew the game!

12. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    This is terrible, amazing how this happens. Sissoko was playing well but the the word on him is he has the occasional moments of madness, like we just saw. Camo and Nedved do also but with them the risk is worth it because they are world class. Sissoko, sorry, i'll take Nocerino any day over him.

13. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Didn't see the game, just watched the final few minutes...as a Roma fan, i was delighted to see the penalty go in...but as they showed the replay of when Reginna used a hand ball in the penalty area, i think Juve should of got a penalty as well.

But it was a dangerous kick by sissoko

14. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    I'll still blame it on the refs, it was the correct call no doubt but how can you not call the other 3 that juve should have got. i am so pissed...I hope reggina finishes dead last

15. temo

temo Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Canada
    I thought there was a definite penalty on Nedved earlier in the game, but that was just madness from Sissoko. I think it took the ref a long time to make the call because he couldn't believe what he had just seen.

16. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    lol come on we have been robbed by the refs more than any team this entire year. we should be mid table

yeah that may have been a penalty commited on nedved. but that was the only blown call

17. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    My God

I just got done watching Juve Reggina. This Campionato is just disgusting. The ref TOTALLY IGNORES a clear PK when Sissoko is tripped in the box. Then Reggina has 2 hand balls in the box that get ignored as well!

Then in the last minute Sissoko makes a dumb move trying to bicycle the ball away and barely touches Amoruso on his back. PK!!

f**k.

I don't care if you are a Juve hater or not, to see this kind of atrocious reffing is disgusting. We could have had a much more interesting Serie A season if Inter wasn't getting phantom PK's every week while Juve is screwed over and over. Unfortunately, now we have a BORING end to the season coming up.

Collina either assigns better refs to the game or he should step down. Enough of this amateur crap.

18. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lmao.. what the hell was Sissoko thinking.

I liked his play throughout the 2nd half till that ridiculous attempt.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Putting aside the idiotic play by Sissoko, if there was any foul call to be made, it should have been on Amoruso who made contact. The idiot was already in mid-flight before Amoruso even got close to the play and he was the one who knocked down Sissoko. And if there was to be a call against Sissoko, it is dangerous play, which is awarded with an indirect kick. So no penalty. The refereeing was horrendous.

20. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    Injuries understood, how does this happen to us? Reggina? Give me a break, we got rid of their best player 10yrs ago and this. So upset at the moment. Two great weeks squashed because of a joke ref. i hope Reggina enjoys this.

21. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    FIGC feeling down because Inter lost in mid week, decide to exact some more refereeing revenge on Juventus to make themselves feel better. The referees a wankkkeeeer.

22. temo

temo Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Canada
    Bro, sorry but the replay is so far from your version of the truth. They jump at almost exactly the same time at 18-19s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8JzBaEkO0) and Sissoko just outright kicks Amoruso and it's an instant penalty. The other penalty shouts for Juve were touch and go, other than the one on Nedved which I think should have been given right away.

Frankly, the bitching at the refereeing is going too far.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Watch the replay from where Amoruso starts in relation to where Sissoko is when the cross starts. Also look at whether Amoruso attempts to make any play on the ball. He turns his back completely to the play. If the idiot Sissoko stayed vertical instead and tried to head the ball, the call would have been on Amoruso for jumping into him (whom am I kidding, not with this ref). It was not a penalty. At worse, dangerous play, which results in an indirect kick.

24. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Too Far??? What are you smoking?

1. Nedved shoved over in the box
    2. Sissoko tripped by Vargas in the box
    3. Handball by Reggina defender on Camoranesi header
    4. Another handball late in the game in the box by Vargas

The result? 0 PKs. With results like this, I don't think we can bitch enough!

25. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    i think it's incredibly unprofessional and immature to have a story like this on your official website

"Juve went all out in attack and were denied a penalty for the third time after a clear handball incident. And right at the end, a penalty was awarded, but to Reggina. Sissoko tried a bicycle kick and hit Amoruso, who would've had no chance to get to the ball"

is this 8th grade?