Regarding Ricardo Osorio

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by la fresa, Aug 31, 2007.

?

Do you agree/disagree with Osorio?

1. Players should be given rest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Players should always play for the national team when called upon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Osorio hasn't played enough games, and is becomming female

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. bundesliga level is high and he should be given a break

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Do you side with Ricardo Osorio regarding disciplinary action for players that don't accept call ups?

Sure, he plays in Europe, but he didn't play every minute of every game for his club, and he did not have to play in the champions league. Meanwhile, Correa, Cacho, Pinto have played, in the past year or so, Copa Sudamericana, Concacaf Champions Cup, Recopa, Superliga, and the torneo/liguilla in Mexico. They will also be playing another Copa Sudamericana, Mundial de Clubes, and it looks as if they will make the liguilla again. I haven't heard Correa or Pinto, or Cacho ask to be withheld from the upcoming national team friendlies as a result.

I don't think that the level of play in the Bundesliga is so high that Osorio can't play with the National team when called up, especially since he hasn't played every game like Pardo.

Do you agree with Osorio? Should players be allowed to rest when needed? Do you think he is replaceable?

Personally, i think playing in Europe has gone to Osorio's head. His performance in the Gold Cup was average at best, and he can be easily replaced by other right backs we have in the league (Gringo and Israel Castro, Esparza, etc). I don't think playing in europe is an automatic ticket to miss friendlies or tournaments, he isn't untouchable now that he plays in Germany. I would go so far as to say that, if he continues with this behavior, he be left off the processo for the 2010 World Cup. If playing a season in germany hampers his level of play, as seen in the Gold Cup, and prevents him from playing Copa America, how is he going to perform on a much more difficult tournament like the World Cup?

Blanco chose to be left out of the confederations cup roster, and people ate him up for it. As a result, he ultimately missed the World Cup. I think the same should be done to Osorio.

As Mosco said in another thread, I'm sure Osorio, much like like everyone else here, dreamed of playing for the national team as a kid. Now that his head his grown, he thinks he's too good - which he is not (in my opinion)

To Osorio, i say:

[​IMG]

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Dam you hit the nail on the head!

3. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You don't know all the facts. Your opinion is based on news outlets who haven't had anything to write about in a while so they make sensational news whenever they can. You could have written the same article on Salcido a month ago but now the we know he had problems with hugo's che assistant no one says anything on Salcido. Osorio is a good player, untochable probably not, but we need to hear his side of the story of why he didn't want to go play in copa america and what that has to do with the new enforcement rule.

4. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    who cares he is becoming a ********** and we dont want that in our Seleccion. At least, Marquez and Salcido/Pavel are not bashing the new rule in content they could probably care less since Hugo talks to them and wont call them up if they dont want to.

Why out of all of them is Osorio the one talking crap about it ******** him he can kiss any chances of being in South Africa if you ask me. Pardo is kool he can play but if he cryes like a little girl then we have Torrado/Correa and many more young guns.

In the end Osorio is not in the position to be saying shit like that he can be replaced in a second.

5. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How do you know that Marquez, Pardo, and Salcido don't have content for the new rule? because espn deportes hasn't told us they have? Don't believe the propaganda!!!

6. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I believe Red Devil 86 reads the situation correctly. We are not privy to all the facts concerning Osorio's absence. I don't think its fair to judge without knowing at least most of the facts. I believe the Mexican sports media about as much as I believe the National Inquirer. That being said, if Osorio continues to miss call-ups for the national team, we should forget him and let the others have a chance. As others have duly noted, he is not untouchable.

I'm also not sure how fair it is to compare Cuauhtemoc's situation with this one. Cuauhtemoc was already pretty old at the time, so his request for time off seemed legitimate to me. After all that Blanco had done for us in the past, I didn't think it was fair for some Argie cocksucker like La Volpe to question Blanco's commitment to the NT.

7. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Actions speak louder than words. If Osorio rejects the call-ups then I would say he should never be called up again but I won't judge him just because Mexican media outlets tell us he's become a traitor.

8. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    y should he start for a friendly let other young players start. same for guardado and marquez. lets see some other talent against the samba boys

9. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sure is.

10. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly!!
    Why you guys mad at him???
    He just wanted a rest!
    Hes not a god damn robot you know!
    Osorio is a great player and the Seleccion needs him as well as he needs la Seleccion!

11. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The FMF and Hugo already knew Pavel and Osorio were not going to Copa America

If they would of made it public during copa oro nothing would of happened.

12. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Osorio, Pardo, and Salcido had played la Copa America, we wouldn't have found out that Correa, Pinto, and Cacho can play on the NT. They said they were tired and wanted to give other guys a chance and other guys really took advantage of that chance and it really ended up benefiting us rather than hurting us in la Copa America. My first reaction was that they're getting full of themselves and they think they can do what the Brazilians do. I also thought if all the Argentina stars can play then everyone from Mexico should play as well... but after a couple of months you think that Salcido, Pardo, and Osorio literally hadn't had a vacation since so long. After la clausura in '06, there was the world cup, then they went to PSV/Stuttgart and didn't really have a chance to take a break. It's easy to insult them and question their desire to play for this country but we all don't really know anything except what we get from the media... End of Story.

13. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico's players are pretty much the only ones that have to play TWO tournaments not just one. People almost always praise the Argentina players (and rightfully so), for their enthusiasm to play for their country, but they're never being asked to play in 2.
    When Temoc asked for time off a couple of years ago I was very critical but now I realize that it isn't always fair. If a player needs some time off now, I'll understand. This will only strengthen the NT by giving another guy a shot.

14. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Like many have said we don't know the facts. Osorio didn't play the first game of the German league because of an injury. How do we know he wasn't holding that injury since the Gold Cup? We saw how bad his crosses were, maybe this was the reason. Or he might have seen that he was playing poorly and thought the best thing to do was let someone else who was in a better condition take his spot. Its a very humble thing to realize you aren't playing the best football and give up your spot for the betterment of the team, if thats what happened. I have met Osorio and he was the nicest guy on the team, everyone else gave out some autographs and got on the bus but he went down the whole line trying to make it to the end, not skipping a single person. He had to be literally pulled on the bus because it was leaving already and he was the last one on.

We have seen what Osorio is like when he is in top form and there is no other RB we have that is anywhere near him. He shuts down his side of the field and adds a touch of class to the back.

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Regarding Ricardo Osorio's dick; I want to make out with it.

Does Justin Timberlake really have those tattoos, or is that some temporary shit?

Man.

They're lame.

And why the hell are all these non-raza dudes getting la virgen de guadamadres as a tattoo?

First it was Ace Merrill from that 24 show, and now this moron?

16. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Regarding Ricardo Osorio's dick; I want to make out with it.

They are fotochopped. they ain't real dude.

17. Elreynoaguila

Elreynoaguila Member

Jan 3, 2006
    I believe that players do need some rest on occasions or when they are trying to earn a spot, but a player also can't assume that his spot will be there for him later on when he decides he wants to play or expose himself to other clubs.

Pardo, Marquez and Osorio were rumored to have sided with Lavolpe when he decided not to call up Blanco, after the incident in which Blanco asked for some vacation time, so what are we to make of Pardo, Osorio, Marquez and Salcido's situations? Obviously, we don't know the details on either situation, so it's kind of hard to give an accurate opinion on the matter. It just seems kind of hypocritical to me.

18. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    your right everything is just based on rumours and we dont know all the deatils yet...

19. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The new rule is retarded.

If the guy doesn't want to play he shouldn't have to.

We have every right to bash him as fans for that decision, especially if it becomes a repetitive kind of thing, but it's not right to force someone into something they don't want to do.

When and if players choose not to play, the whole country will let them know how they feel. No need for this rule at all. If they stay away long enough, they'll be replaced soon enough and will come to regret their pendejadas.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

You don't think if Orsorio gets away with this that the next guy will as well down the line the fmf has to put their foot down

21. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i saw a problem like this happenin once Mexico had more players abroad. too much speculation in my opinion. one of hugo's jobs is gonna be how to balance out clashin egos and NT drama. although it doesnt surprise me that osorio broke out, i think femexfut will have to do a better job of runnin its national teams and players. no one cares that kaka, ronnie dont play for the majority of Brazil's game but their spots are practically guaranteed, whereas pardo's and osorio's are not.

22. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    First of all, while I agree that Pachuca's players have been playing a ton of soccer, and those guys should be commended and applauded for their efforts, those players are undisputed starters. Ososrio is not. The bundesliga is a fine league and soccer is played a very decent level. And Osorio faces stiffer competition from his own teammates than he ever would in a game in mexico. Should he have been given a rest? I don't see why not. The real issue was one of lack of communication. Osorio will be back on the team when the senior side ramps it up for 2010 qualifiers.

Is it possible that the people that call for osorio's head could be the same people that didn't want nery on the team?

23. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    ive always wanted nery on the team, i don't see what that has to do with anything

while it has been said the the players hugo has called up are players that will be trying out for the olympic team (including correa, marquez, torrado, etc), therefore, it's a matter of hugo not wanting them currently, and not osorio not wanting to play, i still think it was quite lame for osorio to not play copa america, and he should be punished, much like cuah was.

24. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Playing for your team, your flag, is a priviledge, an honor and an opportunity not many have. It doesn't need to be an obligation.

That said, it should need no incentive or reward beyond what it already is, wear your colors, your shield/crest on your chest.

You think these players don't long to wear the shirt? They do, but look at it from their standpoint, they get tired too, and they have to manage their health. These are guys who if hurt, they can't work, their employers are not going to put a handicap ramp for them, or let them "work from home" while hurt.

The rule is asenine, who the hell wants players against their will, who wants a player who does not want to be there in the first place? What kind of game is he going to play? These things should sort themselves out, players who turn down a coach a couple of times, won't be called much again.

I rather have a healthy motivated set, for the games that count, than to have a bunch of demotivated, upset players who are trying to recoup from a multitude of games.

This attitude by the federation is bad, as if anyone needed to be told. I bet the players are sad they miss chances because they are tired. It is also a risk for them to not go, it always opens doors to people bumping you out for good, and be sure, no one wants that.

It's not like anyone has said (to my knowledge) "please stop calling me, call me when it is time to go to 2010" they ask for time here and there, but I'm sure all of them want to be part of WC qualifiers.

I hope the federation does not try to make an example out of Osorio or anyone for that matter.

/p

25. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    osorio is fine if he rests its all good we have more players and well when hes ready well let him play and well have a mans team lol

=] yeah both he and pardo