Refereeing standard at last WWC

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by toepunt, Oct 26, 2003.

1. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Those of you who had the opportunity to attend the games or just watched them on the T.V. I am interested in reading your opinion as to the performance of the Referees and Assistant Referees in general. Questions you may consider are: level of physical intensity allowed, consistancy of foul recognition within a game and between different officials. Communication between Referee and the Assistants. Were Fifa choices better than last time, etc. Please add your own points. Game control using dialog with player versus cautionable card.

2. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I attended the Columbus games and watched every game I could on TV. I like the increasing physicality, and am glad that the refs, on the whole, let 'em play. The refs bought a few dives though. Offsides was called conservatively--I can't remember a missed offsides, but several non-offsides were called. In general I thought they did a fine job, perhaps better than 1999.

3. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth

except one, Sonia Denoncourt, she disappointed me anyhow, she is basicaly a good referee but turns evil when she leads our games.