Red vs. Blue

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Crewbasher, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread at first, but since it's basically a series of short films, I figure it'd go here. Anyway, I recently was exposed to quite possibly one of the funniest websites I've ever seen:

http://www.redvsblue.com

The concept is based off the videogame "Halo" (quick runthrough for those who haven't played it: You are a cyborg soldier who fights to save humanity from an alien alliance hell-bent on Earth's annhiliation) - anyway, the idea is that after the main character defeats the aliens, humans fight in this civil war divided into two teams (Red and Blue, obviously). Two teams are placed on opposite ends of the most worthless strip of land in the galaxy, and hilarity ensues.

So the creators of the series actually use game footage (from the multiplayer mode, so everyone controls a character) and interact with each other and have all sorts of funny discussions. For example:
    "I think we should take a non-violent approach to solve this..."
    "I agree, but let's replace the word "non" with "extremely"! And after the word violent, include the phrase "blood explosion extraordinaire"!"

It's quite bizarre, but well worth the download. Check it out, and let me know what you think. (BTW, their other work, "The Strangerhood", is the same type of idea, but uses "The Sims 2" - might wanna check out that one too).

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Welcome to two years ago.

3. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I have known about this and have been watching this for years. It is awesome...

4. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zip it, you. :mad:

Anyway, I have been watching it since the beginning of last season. It's just that I know a lot of people who never heard of the site, and loved it after I showed it to them. This was just a way to spread the word to more people.