Red Stars to retire Lori Chalupny's number

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by MRAD12, Jul 26, 2016.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    At the July 30th game against FC Kansas City at Toyota Park.

http://chicagoredstars.com/red-stars-to-retire-lori-chalupnys-number-at-july-30-game/

Personally, I am thrilled that the Red Stars organization is doing this for a player that has been the face and Captain of this team for 5 years. She lead, she taught young players, she set an example on how to play hard with skill and determination, win with grace and sometimes lose with dignity and honor on the field and how to act with class and dignity off the field. Not only that, but just a nice human being!

There have been many stars over the years to put on a Red Stars uniform like, Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Caroline Johnsson, Cristiane, Karen Carney, Christen Press, Julie Johnston, Whitney Engen and others.

Lori Chalupny's number 17 will be the first to be retired in the history of the Chicago Red Stars and in my opinion, deservedly so.

I hope that Red Stars fans come out in force this Saturday and give "Our Captain", Lori Chalupny, a huge standing ovation as her number is retired.

lil_one, mamalia, cpthomas and 1 other person repped this.
  2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said!

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately it looks like a smallish crowd.