red stars ask for escrow extension

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by Fanaddict, Nov 8, 2010.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_...olumn&sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4ce27c14c871c735,0

OK. What is going on with Chicago? Arnim? Jack? Peter? Marcia?
    As of right now we are not part of the WPS?

I didn't know or realize that we were financially that bad off. So now we are the only ones (other then FCGP) left who haven't paid escrow? I though we had a solid organization. What happened?

For those of us who have been fans and season ticket holders from the beginning and have already paid for next year, this is terrible news.

Please, please give us more info. What's going on?

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't there reports that CRS had new investment on the brink of signing that was then scared off by the FCGP/Freedom announcements? Perhaps they're still working at getting that venture capital back on board?

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I guess we'll just have to let things work themselves out.

For those of us who have become fans of this team heart and soul, we just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that things fall into place.

The one thing that us fans can do is spread the word in the community and see if we can get more season tickets sold.

4. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe 99% that we'll have a team. Now.. only thing I'm worried about is how quickly this happens. I dont want to be left out too long during this free agency thing.. :p

Also, here is what Namazi said on his twitter in response to Spilger:

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What sucks for us Red Stars fans is that we have nothing to talk about concerning happenings like the other team's fans are doing.

We have that empty stomach feeling. Now I know how rockagirl and CVille K C felt. And it doesn't feel good.

We can't talk about our future until we know our future. We can't talk about draft picks, free agency acquisitions, resignings, etc.

And our thread was one of the most vibrant of the WPS Boards. There's really nothing to talk about except for comments like this.
    I still can't believe it.

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the other teams are going to get the jump on all the free agents,so even if the Red stars do play in 2011, what chance are they going to have a winning team?

7. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well considering all the free agents that were available before FCGP folded, and now there are an additional 20+... I would safely bet we could still add quality players if we entered the playing field 3-4 weeks later.