Red Bull v Barcelona???

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by OriginalAEK, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe not just one big star maybe two. I really see Red Bull wanting to build the team for the play offs this year just because of the short time they had to make a strong squad for the whole season. Next year its going to be a different team all the way around but its cool to see management really caring for the fans. Even if we're beaten 4-1 its nice to see some good footy :)

2. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Barca comes over to play 3 matches -- west coast, central and east coast --and the only MLS team is the NY Red Bulls. Come what may, that is cool.

3. joamiq

joamiq Member

Feb 14, 2006
    DC
    I can't believe we have to buy some sort of season ticket plan if we want to go to the game - what bull! (no pun intended)
    Is there going to be any way to buy a ticket without being forced to buy something else? (besides ebay)

4. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was under the impression that this was a sort of preliminary offer for people who want to get season tix (i.e. to help sell season tix). I can't imagine they won't sell individual tickets.

5. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Go to the game!! I made the mistake of going to a reunion and seeing the cheerleader I had still been dreaming about 20 years later at over 200 pounds!:(
    It ruined my dreams...:D

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how about the dreams of some here who might think Parke can stop Messi and Ronaldinho? YOu want them crushed too? :p

7. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It will be like baptizing our rookies with a fire hose.

8. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I meant was that with the season ticket plan, we should (hopefully) get free tickets to this game for the number of seats we have. Also, we'll prolly get a pre-sale period. After that, all other tickets will/should go on sale to the public.

9. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Red Bull players may have the game of their lives...:)

10. geohiller

geohiller Member

Oct 1, 1999
    In the mailing we received today regarding the "Meet the Team" activities for next Saturday, it was confirmed that season ticket holders will get tickets for Barcelona as part of the package (no extra cost!). They also said that details for purchasing additional tickets were still being worked out.

George

11. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, thats a whole big fat loada crap right there.

We've seen, among others, Galatasaray, Milan, Fiorentina, Bayern and others (that's a very incomplete list) play the Metros through the Charlie-Nick years. Blame Metromedia and AEG for not stumping up the exorbitant appearance fees for the likes of Barca and Chelsea, not Charlie and Nick "not being interested." It all comes down to money, and the wallet wasn't open that far. Which is just as well - these games are completely meaningless, and I'd rather the money and effort went somewhere else. It's a nice ploy to draw in some fans of these other teams and make a buck off them, but the idea of selling our team to them by osmosis simply doesn't work.

But oh, we "learn so much" from playing our B teams versus the reserves of big teams in the middle of August. We tied Milan and Boca and beat Bayern - look at all that taught us over the past few years.

And I'll bet a dollar Ronaldinho is resting comfortably in Barcelona or Rio on the night of the game.

12. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    If you're so sure, why don't you bet $1,000?

13. ilovas11

ilovas11 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Barcalona In New York City!

hEY YALL!

AS you all know, barcalona is playing 3 games in USa from Agust 6-12th.

Someone please, inform me of Practice is held at?...time?.. place?..PLEASE!

Aim ilovas11

email fantasyfoci@hotmail.com

i'd greatly appriciate any infor!!

14. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    Re: Barcalona In New York City!

Happy that you're happy, but this is not US Nats N&A, thread will be moved in the near future, but it is great NEWS indeed

15. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

Barca is playing NYRB at Giants Stadium on August 12th. You should come to the game instead of the practice.

16. ilovas11

ilovas11 New Member

Feb 16, 2005

I am :)) just got to find info:)))