Recreation of the Crusaders

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Jan 26, 2008.

1. RobbHeineman

RobbHeineman New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Hi,

We're in the process of re-introducing the Crusader program so it's much more beneficial to those that work within the group. It will be modeled very closely to the "old-school" royals lancers program with enhanced benefits are prizes to those that help out the club. Additionally, we'd like to have this group morph in to our Wizards Supporters' Trust which will have it's own club in the new stadium, as well as access to information in advance. If you have an interest in coming to an informational meeting on the Crusaders, please respond here and email Mark Naster at the Wizards - mnaster@kcwizards.com

thanks,
    rh

2. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stickied.

3. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could somebody maybe explain in a little more detail what this IS exactly?

4. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Ever see the Royals' lancers?

They are guys who sell tickets at discount in grassroots.

5. rhymeorreason

rhymeorreason Member

Nov 16, 2004
    OPKS
    Ok, I won't speak for members of the FO but this is some of the history and what I understand of the future strategy.

The Royals' Lancers and the Chiefs' Red Coaters serve some of the same functions for those teams. I think they were originally business leaders in the community who would generate corporate ticket sales in their network.

My understanding of the program is that the primary focus of the Crusaders will be to generate ticket sales for the team - either individual "consumer" season tickets, corporate season tickets, or single game tickets for groups. A percentage of revenue will be returned to be used on Wizards- or MLS-related purchases - i.e. merchandise or trips to various events.

Here's where I'm guessing: Part of the responsibility may include assisting Wizards' staff at various events, like Chamber of Commerce events or soccer tournaments. It may involve cultivating your own book of potential sales or helping to support events or customer-focused activities on game days.

Mark Naster is the lead for this and I would recommend contacting him directly with any questions.

Rox and I are interested in participating to the extent that our schedule allows.

6. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MOD NOTE: This thread is not getting much traffic. I will unsticky, it must float on it's own.