Recent Toon Results[R]

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by CrewToon, Aug 26, 2004.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    New season, same crappy start....

Lose a 2-goal lead at home to Norwich. Just plain sad.

2. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    I am trying to take consolation from the fact that we have 100% more points than at the same stage last season .....

The performances (at least in the last two games) are even more worrying than the results. All last night, the team was as bad as they had been in the second half against Spurs.

Even with that performance, we should not have lost a two-goal lead. The turning point was clearly Shay virtually throwing the ball into the net. However, given how rarely he does that sort of thing and how many timeshe's saved us, no-one is going to be too critical.

I am very concerned about Shearer's performances. His positional and "target man" play is good, but he just hasn't looked sharp in front of goal. It's hard to understand why Kluivert didn't replace him at some stage last night - other than Bobby being afraid to substitute him.

3. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    Very true--hard to believe it is an improvement on last year's start.

The real sad thing to me is that we have(in my crazy head anyways) quite a talented team. I know, I know talent means absolutely fvck all if you don't display it.

My feelings exactly....I honestly don't want to see anybody criticizing that man purely on how many times he's saved our skin with some amazing saves.

Bobby shouldn't be afraid, but how is he supposed to deal with that situation? Shearer himself needs to grow the fvck up and take his seat on the pine if/when he's not been up to snuff. We've talked about Dyer's behavior and now Bellers has spoken out about Rooney possibly coming in, but Shearer has exhibited poor behavior himself. In pre-season(yeah, just a pre-season match) he gave dirty looks and said things to SBR when he was substituted.

4. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

Unless the talk is true and Shearer will take over as manager next year, in which case the Fatman is afraid of offending him as well.

5. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    Something very strange is happening in the background.

We sign one of Europe's top strikers, then don't give him a sniff of a starting place, even in friendlies; we make an outrageous bid for England's top striker; Bellamy tells the media that he will leave if Rooney arrives; Shearer says he wants Rooney to join the Toon ....

In addition to all of this, we have the Dyer scandal and the departure of Woodgate. And isn't Chopra being sent a message when he is loaned out to Barnsley?