Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like this with the exception of Campos. I think Campos should be more of a secondary option, maybe not even that. He's 29 years old and next WC he will be 33. I'd rather start fresh with someone who can hold on to a position for the next 8 years rather than 4-6. He was a great player, but we gotta renovate and we have really young players to do so in that position.

My biggest question is who will coach these games? will we have a new coach by then or what's the deal? It's no need to have this many games if we don't have a coach by the end of August. I wonder when Copa Libertadores will be over b/c I'm positive Bauza wouldn't take charge of the NT unless it's after the participation of Copa Lib. is over.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #102 The Machine, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    These are the players that I believe we should work with:

Alexander Dominguez (27)
    Adrian Bone (26)

JC Paredes (27)
    Frickson Erazo (26)
    Eduardo Morante (27)
    Luis Canga (19)
    Fernando Leon (21)
    Mario Pineida (22)
    Gabriel Corozo (19)

Renato Ibarra (23)
    Jefferson Montero (25)
    Michael Arroyo (27)
    Juan Cazares (22)
    Carlos Gruezo (19)
    Fernando Gaibor (23)
    Antonio Valencia (29)
    Christian Noboa (29)
    Edison Vega (24)

Marlon De Jesus (23)
    Enner Valencia (25)
    Christian Penilla (23)
    Fidel Martinez (24)

I didn't include Banguera because I think he's overrated. He's a decent shot stopper and all but he's below average in every other aspect of goalkeeping. It sucks we don't have a young GK on the horizon. Either way I think we're set with Dominguez. He's right about to enter his best years as a GK.

I didn't include Ramirez, a player whose game I really like, because I think we're better off with Pineida, Paredes, and Corozo. Paredes and Pineda are more attack oriented while Corozo is the best defender out of three. I hope he consolidates himself at Granada. We could use a player with his skills.

Arguably the biggest omission is Felipe Caicedo. I was very disappointed with his performance at the WC. I’m not opposed to him being called up in the future. He has to earn it though. I really hope we see the player we saw during his Levante days. That dude was a beast. He’s about to turn 26 so he should be entering the prime of his career.

This is a very young team. Some of the guys have very little, if any, NT experience. We have to build towards the future though. The results might not be pretty at first but if we stick with it, it’ll eventually pay off.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A player to keep an eye on is JF Cevallos. With Zubeldia as coach, he'll get playing time. It wouldn't at all surprise me if we see him on the NT sooner rather than later. Another dude to keep an eye on is Miller Bolanos. His game is very similar to that of Arroyo and Cazares in some respects. Some other dudes to keep an eye on are:

Defenders
    Christian Ramirez, Pedro Velasco, John Narvaez, Robert Arboleda, Andres Mendoza

Midfielders
    Jonathan Gonzales, Johnny Uchuari, Kevin Mercado

Attackers
    Marcos Caicedo, Junior Sornoza, Ely Esterilla, Jose Ayovi

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I meant that we won't try new players/

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I Like the idea of Campos because it was with him that we had the best defense in South America, Erazoand Hormiga were better with him, I agree he might not finish the process but he will bring a much needed leadership to our defense.

I'm with you regarding our coach, I mean logic and popular demand aim towards Bauza, but as we all know Chiriboga will not bring in a coach not knowing whether he will be part of the process, Paz has made some serious statements towards Chiriboga and his way of handling things, even asking for a detailed report of expenses in Brasil, Chiriboga's arrogance annoys me, it's as if he knows the clubs will side with him, in other words the situation is very uncertain, now a colleague of mine here in Guayaquil has told me something quite shocking, take it with a grain of salt however, Pinto has stated that he will make his decision on August 1st, However, it seems people close to him have mentioned, he has offers to remain in Costar Rica, Peru, Venezuela and Ecuador, rumors have also claimed that Ecuador is the 2nd best financial offer, close to over $600,000 a year, almost double that of Costa Rica and about 15% more of what we were paying Rueda. again take it with a grain of salt.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree Campos was great during the Qualifiers. There was an entirely different perspective we all had of our NT w/ Campos and without Campos in the defense. What I worry about is that if we begin this process with Campos, whoever comes to take charge of this NT will (or might) hesitate to make the change later when it's needed (let's say later in the Qualifier his level drops). As crazy as it sounds and as young as Luis Canga is, he has honestly been the most consistent player out of all the young upcoming guys. I'd like to see the Andres Mendoza of last season. Not that he's been bad this season, but he's not wowing me. And I think lots of it has to do b/c Jorge Celico plays the line of 3 in a very risky manner. His carrileros don't defend (IMO it's b/c they are volantes offensivos que no tienen marca) and that makes the line of 3 look really bad when they get countered....hence why U Catolica gets those huge beat downs during the season sometimes. I'm sure people here remember the 7-0 Emelec gave them and a few other bad scores that they've had against them. It makes their center backs looks bad.

Fernando Leon, John Narvaez, and Robert Arboleda still need some work. For the most part they are players who start almost all games for their teams, but I feel like they need that extra push for people to finally say "this guy HAS to be called up". The potential is definitely there and they deserve an opportunity by now which I think will help them, but there's mistakes these 3 guys make sometimes that have me hold back thinking they're not completely ready yet. But no matter what, within this year they have to be thrown into the arena so we can see what they really got. This is the time to experiment and do the millions of things we won't be able to do in the middle of the Qualifier. So maybe someone like Campos, who can provide leadership, could be a good person to have around for the beginning of this process.

Canga so far has impressed me these past 6 months with the exception of 3-4 poor performances which aren't completely all his fault, but Liga's defense as a whole. I think these next 6 months we'll be able to come up with a real conclusion on what this kid can offer us. He's really young (18 yrs old) and it seems scary to even call him up this early, but the kid's been doing really well. With Liga consolidating itself as a team in the last 5 games they've played in the campeonato (3 wins and 2 ties), I'd say he's one of the players that's building a great reputation and has become fundamental in the defense this season. I think we might be witnessing another amazing talent in defense....like Gabriel Corozo. Liga's cantera is recently on a roll w/ these kids. Not too long ago we were suffering and even criticized for not having any juveniles, now we've been producing amazing talent that I can't even believe I'm seeing. If Liga is playing games with between 3 to 4 juveniles and winning them, it speaks highly of Liga's cantera. So that being said, Canga can possibly aim high and it's not too crazy to say that he can gain a spot in the NT not too far from now.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd like to know what Uchuari will do after this year and where he'll go. He's been in Loja for a LONG time and hasn't taken a step further in his career. He's 20 years old now and I think it's time for him to make his next move after this season is over. It's very tough for him to find a spot in any of the top 4 teams in Ecuador b/c every team seems like they're covered in his position. Hopefully he does well in the Segunda Etapa to get his ticket out of Ecuador. Last year he was pretty quiet and had ok performances but it wasn't the Uchuari from 2011-2012. I find it hard for him to break into the NT this Qualifier, but you never know.

I would hope for Sornoza's sake that this season is his last one in Ecuador too. I think if he finishes off the season with another 8 goals or so he's set to leave. He has 7 goals w/ 5 assistance in the Primera Etapa so far. Last season he had 20 goals and very few assistances so it's obvious he improved w/ his assisting this year. His scoring has also been consistent. I think Mexico would be a good look for him. Don't see him ready for Europe yet. Might be complicated for him to break into the NT too b/c what we mostly have are mediaspuntas. It'd be interesting to see him get his chance on the NT though.

Marcos Caicedo can surprise and pull of something like Enner. He has the potential, the problem with this kid is that he's inconsistent. It's like dealing with another Enner, but Enner went to mexico better prepared and in a good moment in his career. Marcos Caicedo will be at Leon trying to break that curse of inconsistency he has. When this kids at 100%, he's lethal and troubling to any defense. I'd say he has very great chances of being on this NT this Qualifier if he can be finally be consistent.

Jonathan Gonzalez is another player who I think can earn his spot on the NT this Qualifier. He's on another level compared to the rest. I can see him in Europe pretty soon. I don't remember if Independiente plays Copa Sudamericana this year too, but if they do, that's his chance to impress once again. He did good in the international tournaments he's played in so far w/ Independiente. I'd keep my eyes on this kid.

Kevin Mercado, Jose Ayovi, and Ely Esterilla we'll have to see what happens. What I do know is Mercado has tons and tons of potential. Another great player in the making. I don't doubt that he does well in Granada's B team with Corozo and then makes the leap to the main squad. The other two guys we'll have to wait and see.

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Welcome

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I figured for some of you that don't know this, I made a list of our players abroad.

Germany
    Carlos Gruezo 19 VFB Stuttgart
    Cristian Ramirez 19 FC Nuremberg (2nd division)

Spain
    Felipe Caicedo 25 Espanyol
    Gabriel Corozo 19 Granada
    Kevin Mercado 19 Granada
    Erik Rodriguez 17 Real Zaragoza (Youth Division)
    Joel Valencia 19 Atletico Malagueno (3rd division)

Netherlands
    Renato Ibarra 23 Vitesse

France
    Anderson Porozo 21 Lille (recently promoted to the first club)

Checz Republic
    Agusto Batioja 25 FC Vysosina

England
    Anto. Valencia 28 Manchester United
    Enner Valencia 25 West Ham
    Jeff Montero 24 Swansea
    JC Paredez 27 Watford (2nd division)
    Josi Quintero 16 Chelsea (youth)

Portugal
    Ayrton Preciado 20 Trofense (2nd division)
    Robinson Guevara 19 Trofense (2nd division)
    Jonathan Betancourt 18 FC Porto (youth division)

Italy
    Jonathan Zuloaga 18 FC Vado (serie D)

Russia
    Christian Noboa 29 FC Dynamo Moscow
    Walter Chala 21 FC Nefftehkimik (2nd Division)

Australia
    Edson Montano 23 Newcastle Jets

Argentina
    Jayro Velez 19 Velez Sarsfield

Brasil
    Frikson Erazo 26 Flamengo

MLS
    Oswaldo Minda 30 Chivas USA
    Joao Plata 22 Real Salt Lake

Mexico
    Joao Rojas 25 Cruz Azul
    Michael Arroyo 27 America
    Joffre Guerron 29 Tigres
    Walter Ayovi 34 Pachuca
    Marcos Caicedo 22 Leon
    Fidel Martinez 24 Leones Negros
    Narciso Mina 30 Atlante (2nd division)
    Marlon de Jesus 22 Puebla
    Jaime Ayovi 26 Xolos
    Jose Ayovi 22 Dorados (2nd division)
    Darwin Suarez 19 Pachuca(U-20)
    Alex Colon 27 Mineros (2nd division)
    Edisson Preciado 28 San Luis (2nd division)
    Ronny Benitez 21 Delfines (2nd division)

Arabia Saudita
    Segundo Castillo 32 AlHilal

Just so we have an idea what we have out there. I must warn you there might be a few youngsters missing, like that Real Madrid C kid Jair Govea and he's like 15 so no need, Corozo and Mercado, I am not sure if they'll remain in the first team, also Yoya might end up without a team. but other than that this is a pretty good list.

10. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, Rueda isn't with us anymore so hopefully that will be the least of our worries :p

Besides that Goalkeepers, we really don't have much. As mentioned before Banguera seems to completely lost his touch. He hasn't been the best with Barcelona as of recently, will all the mistakes and fumbles he's done, no wonder Lanza benched him now. I'm an avid Cuenca fan, but 2 young goalkeepers that have made there debut on the 1st team (Hamilton Piedra and Bryan Heras) should be kept an eye on. Cristian Mora is being loaned to Hong Kong so, one of those kids will get plenty of playing time!

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's good news. I've never seen the kid play so I can't say much. I'm def intrigue though so I'll have to check him out. Emelec is gonna play Dep. Cuenca tomorrow so hopefully he starts.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cuenca always has had great keepers. Most of them being foreigners but either way, they always have been known to have talented keepers in their squad. I don't know Bryan Heras, but I've seen Piedra play. Unfortunately I've seen too little of him to be able to completely judge him. Cuenca is in a relegation position right now and any player that can come in and make an impact for them is necessary at this moment, especially if it means having a competitive keeper that will avoid them from getting any goleadas. How old is Piedra right now?

13. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Rumor has it from El Comercio, if Rueda is totally out of the picture, that Chiriboga might just hire an interim DT, nobody would be directing our seleccion until next year... after the elections! I hope this is a NOT THE CASE and just a bad rumor! But if not, why would he do that? That would just give us about 4 months to prepare for the Copa America and what about the next 4 friendlies! SMH

"Selim Doumet, presidente de la Asociación de Fútbol del Guayas, corroboró esta información. “No se sabe si el técnico seguirá o no en el cargo. Lo que el presidente (Chiriboga) nos dijo fue que, en caso de que se decidiera no continuar con los servicios de Rueda, lo mejor será buscar a un entrenador interino para que el nuevo presidente de la FEF, en enero, o él, escogiera al nuevo seleccionador”, precisó."

http://www.elcomercio.com/deportes/dt-interino-cuatro-amistosos.html

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think this is fine. Does anyone know when Bauza's contract is over with his club? Do you guys think they are waiting for his contract to be over? Lol just speculation.

15. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #115 Kr0nika R0ja, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    I do believe Piedra is 20 or 21 years old, he was the GK at the last U-20 Qualifiers (Which unfortunately we didn't do so well). Bryan Heras I believe is 18. There is also the possibility of Darwin Cuero who in my eyes isn't a bad keeper at all. Walter Chavez, I haven't seen since the U-17 WC, no idea if he's gotten better. Jaramillo would have been a great keeper, unfortunately he took his own path so, its just a "what if?" scenario. I remember Rueda calling him up as an "Invitado" on some occasions, even to the point he was called up for the Ecuador vs Ambato (Tecnico/Macara) match a few years back.

You are correct, Cuenca has brought in or had great Goalkeepers, from the likes of Lanza, Klimowicz, Dreer, etc. Lanza was a beast for our 1st cup, went on to Genoa but got lost in 2nd Division. I'm happy he's getting time in Barcelona now. He's a mature keeper, maybe just maybe I still have hopes for him to get called up again sometime :)

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    chaves has improved since u 17 he is the first choice gk for ligas reserves and has done decent from what i saw but compared to other mentioned piedra heras and cuero there a step ahead of him having debuted called up to u 20 ect well have to see what happens with him i no he has been on the bench for the first team squad a couple of times for liga and mora leaving would be great to see who takes over heras or piedra piedra has been on the bench for cuenca lately so it might be him but both are interesting and young gks and both should be seeing playing time

17. Mi Pana

Mi Pana New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    According to some sources, Jorge Luis Pinto is a strong candidate for La Tri. Another Colombian... good or bad?

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I won't say it's bad, but it's not good either. It's another mehhh. The problem is what I've said before- we've evolved. Our players are meant to play differently, especially this generation that we'll be seeing in this upcoming Qualifier. Pinto's style of playing may have been suitable for Costa Rica, but Ecuador has another set of players w/ different characteristics. IMO somos mas tirados al ataque by nature than a Costa Rican footballer. Ecuador can't play that "aguantemos atras y contragolpeamos cuando podemos". We have players w/ characteristics to take control of a game and propose from the 1st minute...Pinto's Costa Rica didn't play that way. They did play smart w/ what they had, but we're a different set of characteristics. With Rueda we have held back that aspect of "taking control" from the ecuadorian footballer. The thing is Rueda may have been good for the 2002 or 2006 squad, but after that we have evolved.

I mean have you guys not thought how insane it is that 80 or 90% of our league has tecnicos argentinos who play everything BESIDES the 4-4-2, yet our NT has a Colombian coach and plays 4-4-2?? It doesn't correlate. I've seen Liga, Independiente, Emelec, and U. Catolica play aggressive futbol w/ these coaches, yet I see a complete difference on the NT....I feel like we just don't display every bit of talent we have to the max. As if we were being held back.

I like what Pinto did defensively with Costa Rica, but we all know Ecuador has the set of players to cause more damage on offense than Costa Rica. I will give Pinto props for bringing out the max potential from all his players, but I don't think he'd be able to do the same for us. At least not with his style of playing.

Bauza, on the other hand, would be able to do everything I'm talking about. If you think about it, who was Guerron, Bolanos, Campos, Manso, Bieler, Vera, and Araujo before Bauza (just to name a few)? He made these guys play the best futbol possible. That's what we want. He even made average players like Guagua, Calderon, and Calle do well in Liga. And the list can go on and on. Bauza goes out to win anywhere- you name it. He doesn't hold back or play conservatively ever. Very rarely did Liga ever get a beat down in an international tournament w/ Bauza in charge. The whole idea of him coming to the NT would be significant b/c it's a change in mentality that only someone like him could inject into our guys. He does it with all his players and the big PLUS is that he knows our futbol culture, who's the best of today, and who's on the come up. IMO he'd have a field day w/ the selection of players we have right now and what will be available during this Qualifier. It's like a dream come true to him, more than it is for us if you think about it.

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=54688

The ecuadorian media is pushing the idea ^. They need to continue on that path although Bauza says he will only be available after December. What I've heard so far is that Vizuete will be in charge until December and the new president of the FEF (hopefully it's not Chiri) will be the one selecting the new coach after the elections in January. I don't know how things are managed in that arena, but I would hope Bauza leaves San lorenzo after December and is unemployed during January....unless there's some sort of agreement between him and the FEF before hand.
    Anyway, the most immediate thing we can think about is July 22nd (4 days from now) and hearing what the plan really is from Mr. Piggy himself.

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agreed 100% As much success that our 4-4-2 has brought us, I do believe that It's time to upgrade, even if we fail in the process I still believe the risk is worthy, We have reached the limit of the Colombian school, heck, I'd even say we played the Colombian school better than Colombia ever did and trust me, me being my age can appreciate everything the Colombian coaches did for us.

If Ecuador has so many good midfielders, would it not be wise to fill that midfield, instead of 4 midfielders make it 5. 3 defenders in the back, switch to a 3-4-3 in bad situations,

---------------------------------Dominguez-----------------------------------------
    ----Narvaez----------------------Erazo---------------------Corozo(Bagui)
    ----------------------Valencia----------------Gruezo--------------------------
    Ibarra--------------------------Cazarez(Miller)--------------------------Jeff
    ----------------Enner----------------------------------Arroyo-----------------

I dont see how we could do bad with this kind of line up, a Player like Mendez would have been right at home with this line up.

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Enlighten me but who played with 5 midfielders, was it the Netherlands vs Spain or France vs Ecuador? can't remember...or was it Chile?

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #121 b9d23m89, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    That's exactly ^ what I think needs to be done. Corozo I wouldn't use as a center back but instead as a carrilero where you put Montero. Montero para mi es como ser un delantero mas. I don't know how well he'd be able to play as a carrilero. Swansea City plays a line of 3, so we'll see where exactly he plays this season in Swansea and get an idea there. My guess is they'll place him as an extremo on the left and not as a carrilero.
    Where you put Corozo is usually where Frickson plays in a line of 3. You know who comes to mind where you put Erazo? Andres Mendoza. He's fast for a center back and has great anticipation. He's been ok this season, but not in that extreme sharp form from last season. He should definitely get a shot on the NT though. With Mendoza and Narvaez we would have 2 center backs with good speed to pair up with Erazo (who is more on the slow side).

Arroyo can even play where you put Cazares or Miller who are also the most ideal options in that position. Miller has been awesome lately, I just finished watching him play right now vs. Cuenca and he was the most important player in Emelec from where I see it. He's just one of those players that makes a team play differently which is why I've always been a fan of his. His only down fall is his temper and his hot head, as seen today as well.

I'd say Ibarra might be able to adjust as a carrilero. He was originally a right back so it'd be a good try and might possibly work out. But for now the most ideal person in that position is Juan Carlos Paredes who has ample experience playing as a carrilero in D.Quito and plenty of times in BSC.

I'm really interested in seeing how Marlon De Jesus, Cristian Penilla, and Marcos Caicedo progress these next few months and what level they'll be at by next summer for Copa America. A trio up front can go anywhere from Arroyo(Miller/Cazares) playing behind Enner and Marlon(Penilla/Felipe) or even something like Enner-Marlon-Penilla(Montero/Arroyo/Marcos Caicedo). The number of options we have is crazy if we play with the line of 3. We have the option of playing with an enganche or 2 mediaspuntas behind the target man. This is also why I say players like Joao and possibly even Fidel (if his level were to drop) would start fading away from this NT b/c the options now are better. Joao Rojas especially IMO se queda atras en esta eliminatoria. I'd be surprise to see him taken into account anywhere near as much as he was these last 4 years. It's very unlikely. Just in those 3 positions there's a good selection of 11 players- Cazares, Arroyo, Miller, Montero, Enner, Felipe, Marlon, Penilla, Marcos Caicedo and then you also have Joao and Fidel...shoot even Junior Sornoza. At the end of the day, who said we didn't have options up front? the only difference is that with a good coach we'll be using all our attacking force correctly, effectively, and to it's max potential. And this is just to say that these are the options we have NOW with maybe only Marlon and Marcos Caicedo being the only two players that need to consolidate themselves in their teams. I'm sure in these next 4 years more striking power will appear. This is why I've been saying for a while now that this is going to be an amazing generation and it can't be put into the wrong hands. Generations like this don't are one of a kind, especially when you know that lots of these players are far from peaking. I look at a player like Enner and I can tell you guys that I can't even take a guess where this kids techo is. He's been incredible.

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really hope it isn't Pinto the next coach. He wouldn't fit our scheme and our players. He plays the SAME technique as Rueda. Costa Rica just had players that defend much better than we did.

I want to see the youngsters play these coming friendlies. Pretty pumped about watching them. I just don't know if it be any good without a coach.

Everything is so uncertain right now with all the crap that is going on in the FEF. Chiriboga is really under pressure now from all sides (FINALLY!) So many managers, players, and fans calling for his head. Nothing is certain until next year (I think). It sucks. I just hope Bauza is our next NT coach. Please let it all fall into place!!!! Lol.

23. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    agreed with everything said

Pinto wouldn't translate here at all, it'd be Rueda all over again, honestly

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.elcomercio.com/deportes/edgardo-bauza-triunfar-dt-tricolor.html

^ El Comercio is push the idea of Bauza as DT. I read yesterday on Studio Futbol an interview they had with Castillo and he liked the idea of Bauza as well. Ecuagol and FutbolEcuador need to push the idea as well, they're the biggest media outlets for ecuadorian futbol along with El Comercio, Teradeportes, and a few others.

25. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Call me crazy but id like to see the other joao get a shot on the national. Plata has been looking solid and and more acquainted with the net than Rojas or montero lately. Give him a yellow shirt and see what he can do. The man is only 22