Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Playing in Spain will do that to you. all those years in Russia/Quatar were wasted time.

2. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah,now we have to go in their turf and f ing bring it.take no prisoners.:thumbsup:

3. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yup..
    isn't noboa playing in Russia right now too? do you think he will be an even better player by playing in spain.. i dont follow the russian league, so i don't know much about those teams.

4. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    by the way.. one of these days, Noboa is going to score.. lately he's been taking lots of shots on goal.. its a shame his header today, didn't go in the net..

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Touche! lol Noboa didnt do so well in Greece

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Russia is like the Mexico of Europe they sky rocketed his price tag when he was at his prime and gaining interest from other European teams from Italy, France, Germany etc. He definitely would have grown more as a player had he made the move to a bigger and better league he has learned everything he needed to know in Russia. Greece picked him up on free transfer and Russia brought him back paying them 1.5 mil. He is 30 year old now...

As for Caicedo he was too good to be in that league and was injured and benched kinda like Montero in Mexico

7. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh man I want him to score badly, him and Antonio Valencia.

8. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I feel like Miller doesn't get enough credit for his role. He facilitates the game through the middle, pulling defenders away from caicedo and opening up space out wide

9. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I am very pleased with the result. Man of the match C. Noboa was all over the midfield really did a great job covering the deficiencies of Quinones and A. Bolanos today. I hope we don't take Venezuela lightly they remind me of us months ago weak defense but decent mid field and good forwards. I hope Dreer, Mina and S. Castillo play against Venezuela great game by Fidel Martinez.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dominguez: 9/10 That save was probably the best so far in this entire Qualifiers, he's solid, confident and has become a leader. only negative point is that dumb yellow card. He'll be missed.

JC Paredez 7/10 He really stepped up due to Antonio's absence, Lodeiro and Cavani gave him a hard time, my main concern is that he still has not improved his crosses, his positioning has however, his speed keeps being his strongest point.

Achillier 8/10 His best game yet, smart futbol by him, great positioning, puso huevos cuando toco and managed not to get beat in 1 on 1. Even his yellow was kind of a tactical foul, Man...Mina is got some shoes to fill.

Erazo 6/10 Solid performance by him, he did allow all of Uruguay on side in their goal..really? he should focus more, his heading game was awesome however, yet his habit of coming out dribbling sometimes I fear it's gonna cost us big one day.

Walter 9/10 Is this guy getting even better? fantastic game, I actually saw him beat Sanchez in speed a few times, contributed in getting Montero in the game and now he's shooting to the goal...A lot :thumbsup:

Fidel 7/10 His goal definitely bumps up his score, he ran circles around Caceres but at times he looked out of place and honestly that header was off, we got to give him credit because this guy is more of a lefty so he didn't have that inner leg cross available which made him uncomfortable.

Noboa 9/10 Best player in the field perhaps? ran all day, recovered, helped in defense, tok shts, was invlved in the offense and that long deep pass for the first goal was pure magic.

Quinonez 3/10 This guy had one mission today...to leave us with 10 players, late on tackles, off position and always on the edge, truth be told our team improved sooooo much when Alex Bolanos came in.

Montero 8/10 Had a tough start, he was well guarded, but little by little he came through and his crosses were ok today, he's instead attempting to break in and throw a small pass in the box.

Caicedo 7/10 To me this guy does all the dirty work, hold the ball, muscles and bodies his way in and I can honestly say that I believe that the first goal he scored would have been a miss by any other of our forwards.

Bolanos 6/10 I insist that now that Quinteros changed his strategy and decided to use our wings most of the time, Miller is now better, he is no longer our main attacking option but instead is a versatile player, goes from side to side, wings, midfield, he gets the freedom he needs, still this wasnt a fantastic game by him but he held his own. nice shot he had too.

Cazares 8/10 Very few minutes to really evaluate him but he was good, his passes are so accurate, did anyone see that wall play with Walter that would have been a fantastic goal? this guy has a future in this team, he is our one different player.

Alex Bolanos 7/10 Solid, passes were a little sloppy but his covering of his zone was good, he was nervous but adapted quickly, clean play, no dumb fouls and helped Noba loosen up which is why Noboa was so involved in offense the second half.

Quintero: 8/10 I think he did not have time to study Uruguay due to so many injuries in the last days, starting Quinonez in this high caliber game was dumb, I posted here earlier that Castillo was a good option, He finally understands that wings WILL ALWAYS BE OUR WAY IN, the pressuring wasnt good today and that is because Valencia is not there puteando a todos, he will need to fix this against Venezuela.

Carlitos8, midfield.design and GPisco repped this.
  11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #961 javer, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    I noticed Ayovi playing left midfielder and even left back recently in dorados I think that what helped improve on his speed and his ability to cover that ground.

Players out for the next game: Antonio, Enner, Quinonez, Dominguez, Achillier, Ibarra and Arroyo
    Line up would probably be...

Dreer
    Paredes, Mina, Erazo, Ayovi
    Martinez, Castillo, Noboa, Montero
    Bolanos, Caicedo

Achilliers speed will definitely be missed the one on one he had with Abel Hernández had Erazo in the dust and if Mina was in that position he either would have been left behind as well or have committed a big foul. I would like to start Bolanos in Castillos place but it might be smarter to have him come in the second half.

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Couple of things to keep in mind against Venezuela that that Quinteros must deal with.

Que no nos pasemos de confiados. Venezuela at hme has not been easy for us, as a matter of fact I believe that it was with Bolillo that we won there last, back in 2002 Qualifiers, we lost 1-3 twice in 2006 and 2010 and we got a point last qualifiers, Venezuela isnt easy soil for us, so do not let this streak go to our heads.

Venezuela va a salir con todo. It's no secret that historically we allow goals early in the game which usually means being not focused, esos primeros 15-20 minutos hay que aguantarlos y presionarlos arriba, Miller, Montero, Caicedo and Martinez have to run around and do not let them get settled in their own field.

Mina and Dreer, These guys are the natural substitutions, Mina is pretty slow and that Rondn guy is very quick, Paredez and Walter better be on point. Also Vizcarrondo is back and he is a beast in headers so Erazo and Mina have their work cut out for them in corners and free kicks.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I always hated to play against Venezuela. I'll take a tie.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  14. lyunmetrb88

lyunmetrb88 New Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Omg! Lmao this is hysterical.

Venezuela in the last two qualifying cycles has become the equivalent of what the Eagles are to the Giants (an nfl analogy). Venezuela can be the worst team in the continent, getting spanked left and right. But for some damn reason when they step on the field against Ecuador they get inspired and play tremendously aggressive and precise. Nuse these guys can really ruin our streak. Those points they stole in Quito about 7 years ago are exactly the reason we didn't go to South Africa 2010. And for the 2014 qualifiers we struggled to get on the board for a huge chunk of the game. It took an exceptional play from Benitez and Mendez to get us a W.

On another note I wouldn't mind going as far as trying Castillo in the CB position. I remember him moving back there against Colombia in baranquilla in the last qualifiers. He did a very acceptable job. I'm just very weary of Ecuadorean defenders. As good as achilier is now, he was god awful in the last cycle ( I know I don't need to remind you.)

16. Carlitos8

Carlitos8 New Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    The game is going to be tough, very tough, Venezuela loves to play us hard and they will play knowing that losing to us will cause all changes to them from coaching and probably give up this qualifiers.

Sucks that we are out of 4 starters, but our 4 guys on top can cause damage, maybe and just maybe it will be a good match for Cazares to get more minutes?

That Rondon guy and Santos are dangerous pair. I expect this to be a hard game

17. Carlitos8

Carlitos8 New Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I think you are confused with Peru in Quito, against Venezuela in Quito by the 27th minute we were up 2-0 thanks to Chucho and Yoya, beast of a game by Valencia and surprisingly Christian Suarez, at Venezuela Arango scored a beautiful long shot then Castillo tied it 10 minutes later, you ask me, we should have won that game.

18. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Wow, you're right. Scratch that whole post. I need to quit drinking.

19. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dreer; Paredes, Mina, Erazo, Ayovi; Martinez, Quinionez, Noboa, Montero; Caicedo and Bolanos is our supposed XI against Venezuela.

20. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We have to play this game to win. A win here will mean a huge step to qualifying. Not to get too far ahead but with 14 games left after this, we would need only 14 points out of 14 games to be in the qualifying zone or very near. (26 puntos would have been top 5 in 2010).

21. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does anyone know where the game will be shown tomorrow? Bein Sports will be showing the Colombia-Argentina game instead.

Carlitos8 and Jefe Esco repped this.
  22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't believe Quinteros should go with Quinonez. One of these days he's going to get red carded. The guy seriously needs to cool it. He was lucky not to have been sent off in the game against Uruguay. He lucked out on that one. Maybe playing at home team saved him. He pulls that sh*t in foreign land and he might not be so lucky.

I don't know what to make of this game. Yeah we've won 3 in a row but Venezuela always plays us tough. The fact that they have 0 points shouldn't give us a false sense of comfort. As many of you have said if we can withstand the first 15-20 minutes we should have a decent chance of stealing some away points. Tomorrow's game should be interesting.

23. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Looked back at some of the player highlights and i must say Martinez generated many chances. Could have easily had a couple of assists definitely looking forward to him against Venezuela. I feel like we'll see Montero take more shots on net, hopefully Bolanos gets it together this guy has been missing shots he easily tucks in for Emelec.

Ecuador have said they will play this game like they are the ones that have zero points. I hope Quinteros starts Alex Bolanos instead of Quinonez the man is a walking card. I feel comfortable with Dreer and Mina coming in. Really wish Cazares could play more than 30 minutes, hes provides a goal scoring opportunity each time he plays.

would be interesting to see Quinteros try the 4-2-3-1 against Venezuela. (Dreer; Paredes, Mina, Erazo, Ayovi; A. Bolanos, Noboa, Martinez, Cazares/Bolanos, Montero; Caicedo)

24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hopefully this time they don't play the Mexican anthem for Ecuador :ROFLMAO:

Ecuador should win this. This Venezuela side seems to be the worst in 20 years. Cesar Farias leaving has massively affected the team.