Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea I'm about to down like 3. Eff work. We played a brilliant game. The pressure was from top to bottom, and consistent through out the entire game. Valencia showing glimpses of that speed he had back in like 2008-2011. This is payback for the 1-1 we suffered back in the day when patricio urrutia had us winning until the 95 minute.

2. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I'm in utter shock I did say earlier that we would leave with a point I didn't expect 3. WOW I'm too emotional right now to post anything else. I will post my thoughts tomorrow. Did anyone else see the big crowd of Ecuadorians in the stand I was impressed.

3. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jajaja I guess this is the perfect excuse to get wasted.. fuk it.. why not

4. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That counter for the second though.

Grande Ecuador.

cabezamagica repped this.
  5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Speaking of that, According to some sources, Quinteros made them watch THAT video as motivation and Mascherano kicking the medic back in Quito last qualifiers

6. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes I remember that game.. should have been another historic victory

7. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    By the way.. when erazo scored the first goal.. I was happy, but nervous, Argentina would have tied again, like in that match in 2010 qualifiers.. thank god we scored a second goal!!

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just went to the Market and bought some Quilmes lol why not

cabezamagica repped this.
  9. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That was a good move. You could tell every player was fighting for each ball. Even Caicedo was getting physical. I appreciate the fact that each player usually opted to blast that ball out envez de complicarse y regalarla.

midfield.design repped this.
  10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentina has it really hard, Paraguay and Brazil next.

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    On Tuesday we face a very weak Bolivia in Quito, theres no reason we cant score 3 or more goals, its the perfect time to get in front of the competition. A strong Colombia face an average Uruguay in Montevideo, Paraguay face a struggling Argentina in Asuncion, A good Peru side is facing a strong Chile team in Lima and Brazil take on Venezuela.

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Then Colombia in Baranquilla

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just watch a recording of the game. I didn't watch it live. I can't believe it happened. I honestly didn't think they would. I was hoping for a tie but I'm happy I'm wrong. Ecuador played great and put pressure throughout the whole game. The second half dropped a bit but Ecuador finally kept up till the end. I'm extremely happy and I also have had tough weeks. Thank you Ecuador! Made my week!

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man, it's been a LONG time since the NT made me feel this happy!

15. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes! I noticed this right from the start and it pays off because our center backs are prone to mistakes. what a game! Quinteros deserves a lot of credit for the tactics in the game. Everyone looked focused and knew their role.

16. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    12096121_746080845535324_9128977748096555973_n.jpg

GPisco repped this.
  17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If enner had not being injured would the game have ended 5-0?

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And Chile..

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chill, Bolivia has always given us a challenge in Quito, ALWAYS, players need to be fully focused and dont let this win go to their heads

20. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been watching the Ecuadorian NT team play since '93 and I can't remember a time when they've played such a complete and well played game. I really like how they kept the stupid mistakes down to a minimum and never backed down. I've always wanted this team to play balls out and take it to the opponent. Tonight, they did that. I hope this is sign of better things to come. Go Ecuador HP!

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's the first qualifier I remember too lol, losing in Bolivia to that crazy shot from Echevery that Espinoza almost saved but I can't say this is the best game we have played ever in qualifiers, some games that come to mind? when we came back from 0-2 to beat Paraguay 5-2 Mendez put on a show, but Away? ther than the 5-1 to Bolivia this is the best game we've had.

I give credit to Quinteros for the scheme and tactic but tome Antonio Valencia and Felipao take all the praise, Valencias best game in a long time, Caicedo also put his best physical performance ever with us.

22. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I guess you're right, last time the ref saved us in Quito and in La Paz and Bolivia beat us at CA. But that being said this is our best opportunity to get ahead and gain some ground.

23. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The naños were all focused and determine to come out with points. Kudos to the coaching staff. I hope this gives them confidence to play with the big boys because this will not be easy to qualify for Russia 2018. All the commentators have mentioned that the CONEMBOL games are the toughest group to qualify for bids for the World Cup.
    On to the game.
    Valencia is a stud. He needs to move on from Manchester United as his playing time as been reduced. Maybe that actually helped him because he was rested. He was pushing all those Argentines around like if they were playing in the Ecua league. Men amongst boys.
    I was surprised to see an Argentine team with studs come out and play flat and not interested. That's a testament to their coach who might be in trouble the press are a having a field day with him today. They had the ball around 60% of the time and still lost.
    Kudos to our coaching staff. Argentina press has said that Ecuador out played and out coached them. They thought we were going to play a defensive game with a standard 4.4.2. What they didn't realize was that this coach has some balls. I'm not a Emelec fan at all but always admired his work with the bombillo. He always has his players pressure the ball and control it for possession instead of the kicking to Midfield. I honestly feel like he is saying if you don't play my style you will sit. Although his love for Emelec players might be our downfall no due respect but we have studs playing in the Ecua league that should get a shot and Mena should just sit on the bench he committed two stupid fouls that could of cost us. This is the same World Cup team expect for two players and they looked totally different which is a shocker because of the limited and quality of minutes they had with the coaching staff to prepare for these types of games.
    I hope this type of play continues.
    One comment on Bolanos he needs to be more aggressive once he makes a mistake it's gets to him and he is not the same player that goes back to the days when he played for Liga.

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    For an away match, I haven't felt excitement like this since we beat Peru in Lima 2-1 with the last minute goal from Tin.

Manolo repped this.
  25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Couple of thoughts about the game:

After Aguero left the field Argentina offense was weak they were not creative when they had the ball and made very little dangerous scoring opportunities.

Our defense even though we were shaky held up though out the game all four of our defenders made important saves and clearances that prevented Argentina from scoring. A few mistakes here and there but we managed to recover or get lucky that Argentina didnt do more with the ball in dangerous areas. The midfield was good as well.

Our offense even though he dosent convince us or we dont like it will consist of Bolanos. He was in 3 scoring opportunities of the match and missed each one shooting no where near goal he really needs to work on that. On the other hand he did make the pass to Valencia that lead to the assist for Caicedo.

Our next game vs Bolivia is a game where I want to see our players shine. I know its not an easy game but players like Bolanos need to gain confidence at national level there is no reason we shouldnt be able to win by a 3 goal plus difference if we played the way we did against Argentina.

I think the line up should be:

Dominguez
    Paredes, Mina, Erazo, Bagui
    Valencia, Castillo, Noboa, Montero
    Bolanos, Martinez​

That game is at home and hopefully it will be possible to arrange a local friendly against a club or something like that using subs

Banguera
    Pineida, Mina, Guagua, Bagui
    Castillo, Bolanos
    Ibarra, Cazares, Mena
    Martinez