Rebuilding The Azzurri for Euro 2024 and beyond

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by indestructible, Mar 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    De zerbi will only return to Italy to visit his family.

2. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    What will happen is, he'll continue to overachieve at a modest club like Brighton, tactically outclassing most teams out there, then Liverpool will snatch him up when Klopp leaves. Paying Brighton compensation the same way Chelsea did with Graham Potter. Then when Liverpool or any other big club have a bad run he'll be sacked.

The timing will have to be right for him to be available for Italy. Then of course he will have to want to not work every day. But when he does work, it will be extreme pressure.

Camarda and De Zerbi 2030.

It's been all figured out.:)

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Azzurrifan87

Azzurrifan87 Member+

Frosinone
    Mar 29, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some reactions from yesterday:

Encouraging to see Casadei start. Sad that he's stuck in England, which I project will destroy his trajectory.

Baldanzi is a threat even for a poor performing Empoli. I would like to see him integrated in the setup.

Cancellieri contributed to a goal which is about as rare as it gets. I admit physically, he looks the part. Makes me wonder if this is why he gets chance after chance. I won't complain if he develops playing with Baldanzi.

Berardi no need to explain.

Marco Nasti scored for Bari; however, upon studying how he plays, I am not convinced with his physicals or his movement.

Ambrosino is fit and back on the bench for Catanzaro. Let's hope he develops, although the Italian system is really making it difficult per usual.

Tonali played 90 minutes in a win over a mixed Man city side of Starters and reserves. Still, this has to be valuable for him.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The only time I've seen Nasti play was in the last Azzurrini game vs. Turkey. I agree that he doesn't look like the greatest athlete, but he has the aura of a son of a bitch. That is someone who will punch his own mother in the face to score a goal.

6. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Keep in mind those matches in England yesterday were not League matches but rather useless Carabao Cup matches where all teams use their scrubs by and large, with some exceptions.

Even still Casadei didn't even play an hour. Enzo Maresca, Manager of Leicester, is a typical Italian Manager that believes a player is only good and ready when they 35 Years Old. Casadei should have went back to Reading.

Thing is, Chelsea are trash this season yet again. Billion dollar team and they can't even score. They won't win the Prem, they won't finish top 4, but they won't be Relegated. Should just bring him in January.

Only good thing is the Championship is pretty physical, I'd argue more than the PL, so that is good for his development.

As for Tonali, he better get on it. Last weekend he was on the bench until the 80th and by the time he went on I think Newcastle had scored 7.

7. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    FI

They had a great article yesterday with expanded stats and in depth sabermetrics that would make a fine sequel to Moneyball explaining how Vicario is a superior GK than Gigio and how Italy should consider him as the #1.

8. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Bonucci

I love the guy for believing in himself and his dedication for the shirt. I wish all players were like this. He will be 90 YO and still offer his services to Italy.

But man, we really need to move on. He will have celebrated his 37th Birthday by the time the Euro'24 starts. If we do go with 1 older player in the CB role for the Dressing Room it would probably be Acerbi.

Also, hate to say it but he is a big personality. What if he does make the team, is he now given the Armband again? Which means he has to start.

Mancio quitting was a clean cut. Lucio owes him nothing.

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With the serious injury to Dodo, Italiano has no choice but to move Biraghi to right back. I was hoping he would try Parisi there.

10. Azzurrifan87

Azzurrifan87 Member+

Frosinone
    Mar 29, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh this is interesting feedback. I will continue watching him play.

11. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Retegui just scored a beauty.. have a feeling he will be showing up on the top 3 gol italiano of matchday 6.

12. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #4462 AGomes, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    Genoa vs Roma

A bit of a mixup between Mancini and Retegui. No harm. Good to see 2 players give it their all. Kudos to Retegui for extending an arm to keep the peace. He's not looking for problems. Truth be told, Gianluca Mancini is a POS at the best of times. You just know he's at fault. It always is.

And now Mancini elbows a Genoa player in the face. He takes his shithousery too far sometimes. Could care less if he does it for Roma but he needs to watch his discipline while on Italy duty.

And now Retegui scores. Amazing skill by that Scandinavian Genoa's number 11, layoff and shot by Retegui.

azzurri06 repped this.
  13. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    And what's gotten into Cristante lately? The man's playing like prime Modric the last 3 Weeks, LOL.

14. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Retegui

IIRC, 3rd goal in his 6th Match (not yet completed). 0.5 Goals Per Game rate is the acceptable level for a Striker.

Not sure of his rate at Tigres. Genoa aren't all that, not a bad return for a league he doesn't know.

15. Azzurrifan87

Azzurrifan87 Member+

Frosinone
    Mar 29, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #4465 Azzurrifan87, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    I am at the point where I consider Retegui to be a natural poacher. Perhaps the season still needs to play out but his career statistics club and national so far suggest this, and he passes the eye test so far.

16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he also has 2 goals in 1 game in Coppa Italia. Albeit it was probably against a Serie B level team... but thats fine to count since we typically have trouble scoring against those kinda Macedonia like opponents anyways.

AGomes repped this.
  17. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I think Modena won that match too, LOL.

He'll be a 17-20 Goal scorer. League only, not across all comps. May go over 20 a couple of times.

Not a bad return for Genoa. If he moves to Inter, add 6 Goals more. If he goes to Juve and Allegriball gets a hold of him, deduct 6 goals, heh.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  18. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fun Fact... his mom's maiden name is Di Marco.

19. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Always good to see when players grew up playing other sports. Gives them a different perspective.

Retegui played field hockey growing up, dad is a big name in that sport over there. Diego Forlan was a tennis player. Francesco Camarda is involved in Taekwondo.

20. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Retegui, Pinamonti and Scammaca will be battling it out for top Italian striker over the next couple of years until the new Haaland arrives Camarda and takes Italy back to the promised land.

21. Vieri's Left Foot

Roma
    Italy
    Jun 8, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was not aware of Camarda. Holy sh1t. His goal rate sounds fake.

22. lt22677

lt22677 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 10, 2022
    Io sono un grande estimatore di Camarda, ma va detto che è ancora troppo presto per definire il suo futuro (va detto che comunque ha numeri incredibili) va detto che le mie speranze per il futuro numero "9" oltre a Francesco Camarda della nazionale vanno su questi giocatori :
    Mattia Mosconi (2007 inter)
    Tommaso Ravaglioli (2006 Bologna)
    Federico Ragnoli Galli (2006 Atalanta)
    va detto che Francesco Pio Esposito se impara a essere più freddo sottoporta può lenire l'attesa

I am a great admirer of Camarda, but it must be said that it is still too early to define his future (it must be said that he still has incredible numbers) it must be said that my hopes for the future number "9" in addition to Francesco Camarda of the national team are about these players:
    Mattia Mosconi (2007 inter)
    Tommaso Ravaglioli (2006 Bologna)
    Federico Ragnoli Galli (2006 Atalanta)
    it must be said that if Francesco Pio Esposito learns to be cooler under the door he can ease the wait

indestructible repped this.
  23. lt22677

lt22677 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 10, 2022
    I already mentioned it in the HOT PROSPECT of ITALY topic, if you look I'll point out the best players who are coming out of the Italian youth teams

24. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    What do you guys think of pinamonti?

25. lt22677

lt22677 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 10, 2022
    Discreto striker grande capacità di sacrificarsi, disceta tecnica, ma carente in finalizzazione, insomma un upgrade di Cutrone

Decent striker, great ability to sacrifice himself, technical discreet, but lacking in finishing, in short, an upgrade from Cutrone

calabrese8 and indestructible repped this.