Real Zaragoza vs Real Madrid. CDR Semi Final first leg. (08.02.06) [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This game is of huge significance. If we manage to get a great result in this leg i.e 0-2 then it means we can rest a few players for the Arsenal game which is a week after it. Like we have seen in our previous first leg games this is where our opponents really take the game to us in hope that we don't crucify them at the Bernabeu. Zaragoza are really on a great winning streak at the minute including an excellent 5-4 aggregate win over Barcelona followed by a 4-3 victory over Betis. Despite our excellent run of form they are not to be underestimated by any means.

This is what I hope for.

---------Casillas-----------
    Salgado-Woody-Ramos-Carlos
    --------Gravesen-Guti-------
    Beckham----Zidane-----Robinho
    -----------Ronaldo-------------

Perhaps the only suprising inclusion to some would be that of Salgado. Cicinho has been a sensation but I still think he leaves us vulnerable at the back when he goes forward. Seeing as this game is ataway the opposition attacks more so I hope we play Salgado because he is a lot better defensively than Cicinho or Diogo. Ramos will come straight back in after a rest for him. I think Tommy and Guti will frm the pivot but I wouldn't be suprised to see Garcia get the call. I don't think there would be any objections to our explosive front four but seeing as we like to play Zidane only once a week now I wouldn't be suprised to see Baptista play.

We need to be very cautious of Ewerthon and Diego Mileto who will form their attack and I seriously hope we don't make the error of playing such an advanced offside trap like Barca did. I'm sure Caro has studied that particular tape by now because the way they played against Barca is the way they will play against us. They have a very solid defence with although I think Ponzio is our best chance of success. He isn't the best defensively and gets a booking nearly every game so hopefully Robinho can expose him.

Last time we played at La Romareda was a 1-3 victory for us with goals from Ronaldo, Owen and Carlos although we only managed to beat them 1-0 at the Bernabeu this year with a goal from Carlos.

2. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Zaragoza play a formation not much unlike ours, with Cani and Ewerthon in the wings and Milito up front. Generelo, Oscar, Zapater and Celades take turns as the three CM/AMs. I expect Zidane to rest this one.

3. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Cani must be isolated with no space to control midfield, and ewerthon is the main man that also needs to be put on check. the way they been playing is the counter attack and the long balls to make ewerthon run.

Woody will not play because he had already played some games and hes still fresh from his injury, so helguera will replace him. salgado will also make an appereance considering that he is a more defencive player than cicinho or diogo. Zidane will not play this match due to the fact that we have a game against athletic and also the arsenal match with caro has on his head. Beckham will play, ronlado will play, and casillas will be there. Not so sure about carlos, but please let not bravo play, this is a very important match and we need the most reliable defence. so:

--------------Casillas--------------
    Salgado----Ramos----Helguera----R.C.
    -------Garcia--------Guti-----------
    Beckham------Cassano-------Robinho
    --------------Ronaldo---------------

4. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    We have to be extremley careful with Zaragoza, underestimating them would be a killer they have a certian number of players that used to play for us that will be out to prove themselves (Cesar, Celades, Milito, Savio(i think)). That said I don't see Zizou playing at all in this match and I think Becks should be rested as well. I really haven't seen much of Diogo, maybe Lopez Caro will give him a go.

Salgado----Mejia----Helguera----Roberto Carlos
    Diogo--------Cassano------------Robinho
    --------------Ronaldo---------------

5. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I think Ramos will get to start since he got the rest against Espanyol and I would put Cicinho were u have Diogo, and I think Lopez Caro will have Baptista play behind Ronaldo instead of Cassano...

Salgado----Helguera----Ramos--Carlos
    Cicinho--------Baptista------------Robinho
    --------------Ronaldo--------------

6. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Madrid on Valentines Day? I'm glad she agreed :)

7. Tom_Bombadil

Tom_Bombadil New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Hi all.

I agree on Achilles formation. Maybe we could even rest Becks and put Cicinho in his position. The guy has been playing a lot thus far and we need to rest people to get competitive in the important moments.

On a side note, there is something I would like to say that I don't know if you know but I have the need to say it.;) It's just that some of you guys misunderstand latin player names and put it incorrectly. In Brazil, the whole Latinoamerica or Spain is usual to call players by their first name. For example Raul, Ronaldo, Adriano, etc. I know it's something not common to the rest of Europe but Roberto Carlos is currently the name of the guy, not the surname. Is like, for example, David Robert Joseph Beckham... I see like a lot of people put Roberto Carlos as Carlos and I believe they're doing this incorrectly believing is the guy's surname.

The situation is similar to name Beckham as Robert for example. The guy is Beckham or David, but only Robert doesn't make a lot of sense. Ey, just an information I don't know if some of you guys know but it is put with good intentions and in a constructive way.

P.S.: the complete name of Roberto Carlos is Roberto Carlos Da Silva, so Da Silva is his surname. It would make more sense to put only Da Silva if you want to name him by his surname.

Cheers.

8. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think they name him Carlos for sheer lazyness, but explaining doesn't hurt :D

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So it's his name, but you can not use it to name him? Imagine that.

Becks is not his first, middle or last name. For the love of God, stop using it. :p

10. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True... But last I checked on the back of his jersey it says "R. Carlos" so it would make more sense to call the guy what he wants to be called...

11. Tom_Bombadil

Tom_Bombadil New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    I believe you both don't understand my point. I don't mind, it's ridiculous. Just call him like you want.

Becks is a way of the English language to call this player. For example Woody is the same. It makes sense. The same in Portuguese, for example they call -inho a lot of players: Ricardinho, Cicinho, Ronaldinho. It's normal. That analogy you make saying Becks is not correct doesn't make sense because it's normal in the English language.

But calling a player Carlos is not normal in English (you don't call David Beckham: Robert only), nor in Portuguese. I believe my analogy has sense, so I have my point. But I repeat, call him like you want I don't mind. Call him 'It' if you like.;)

You have to take my coment as I stated it to be: some kind of information for what I believe is a missinterpretation of some people calling Roberto Carlos only Carlos because they believe Carlos is his surname.

That being said and clarified... call him Correcaminos if you like it.:D

P.S.: I forgot something. R. Carlos is an abreviature. Obviously the guy wants to be called Roberto Carlos not R. Carlos (maybe the name was too long to be written entirely).

12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Just got back from madrid today :D watched training this morning, and i think i know what the team will be, i could be wrong.
    every player did the usual training (including Raul who is back in with the rest and was looking good.)
    but then the players split off, some played a practice match, others went into the gym, and some stayed outside n jus did kickups. however i believe that those doing the practice match is the starting line-up.
    therfore based on training i drew up this.

Casillas
    Salgado Ramos Helguera Bravo
    Diogo Graveson Garcia Cassano
    Guti
    Baptista ​

they were the 11 doing the match and they actually make up a team.
    carlos becks zizou etc all stopped training at this point.

also it was great to see Raul back. he took part in the practice match too which meant a coach went on the other team to even the numbers up. but i think that everybody who played today in training, minus raul and the coach makes up a pretty realistic team.

[​IMG]
    that is from realmadrid.com 'photos of the day'. and if you look at the people in the crowd you will see two people standing up at the front row (the one in the white coat happens to be me ;) )

13. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats awesome. So all those players you think will rest next Tuesday? Despite the majority of them playing in the quarterfinal, and against hopeless Espanyol in the liga?
    It would make more sense to me if they played in this semifinal (on a Tuesday), rested the stars on the weekend (against last place Alaves), giving them a week to prepare for Arsenal....

14. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    was only what i saw in training. and as i say, i see no reason why else these players would have played a practice match if they wernt the starting 11, especially as they all fit into a team

15. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I understand. and about the R.Carlos yes I know its an abreviation...
    But I have always wondered this about him, why does he call himself/have Carlos on his jersey and not Da Silva? I mean everyone in the news and newspapers call him Carlos and Im sure his teammates do the same. Why is that?

P.S. Im not disagreeing with ur opinion just asking why he does that...

16. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005

wow thats cool how often do you go to madrid if you dont mind me asking

17. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

18. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think this is a pretty bad lineup. Far too defensive for my tastes...this is not how we have been winning games recently. I'd rather see us put together a more offensive set. Maybe Balboa instead of Diogo, and someone to replace either Grava or Garcia would do it for me.

19. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    well this was my fourth time. i went also in december, and twice in the last 2 years too.

20. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i could be completely wrong with that team btw.
    its just in training only 10 outfield players played in this match, the others going into the gym. and the fact that they all fit into a lineup seems like too much of a coincidence
    will have to wait and see

21. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yah man. I know the league looks a little more promising, but the Copa is still our best shot, with the CL 2nd and Liga 3rd IMO. And we've been playing some great football...."If it aint broke then don't try to fix it."

22. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    That is one bad looking line up.

23. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you ask me, which I know you did, I say its just the opposite. I bet none of those players (Casillas excepted) will be playing this weekend. With the Barca loss, Real are gunning for titles. Just 10 points back, I dont think they plan to take any liga game easily and see how far up the table they can climb.

24. gromhellscream

gromhellscream New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Bangalore
    The line up suggests Gravesen may be given the creative role in central midfield.I wouldnt say it is a bad line up but wat worries me is the right flank .. salgado and diogo combination isnt the best as both are far 2 defensive .. Cassano on the left is an interesting choice .This could be his game :D no harm in trying it out. Baptista alone up front worries me .. probably cassano will push up the field and support him .Wonder where the goals will come from

25. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Hmm. I know it's early, but a couple of observations.

1) This looks more to me like a good old 4-2-3-1.

2) Garcia and Gravesen in the medular -- Caro trying his hand at one of Luxa's failed experiments. I'm curious to see how this one pans out.

3) Baptista AGAIN?

4) As someone said, I'd like to see Balboa instead of Diogo on the right.