REAL VALLADOLID vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 21I 26.01.2020 I 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by yoanaidarov, Jan 25, 2020.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt, we must improve the attack and I hope Hazard changes everybody’s form.

But this defensive solidity can help us win a lot of games. Being this solid at the back means our attack doesn’t have to do too too much. We don’t need 3-5 goals. If we score 2 goals regularly, it’s curtains

2. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What in the world?

Isnt possession football what everyone praises Barca for. We had close to 70% possession. Yet when Barca do it, it's called tiki taka, when we do it, it is negative football. Get outta here with that shit

Back to Mourinho smfh. Zidane and this RM team has absolutely NOTHING in common with Mourinho. NOTHING

3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ''unable to control games'', how the fck can someone with a brain make that statement?? We have been controlling every game these past months, against Farca, Atleti, Valencia etc.

4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Fierro is like that drunk uncle that comes over for thanksgiving lol shouldn't pay attention to his rants.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perpetually unhappy. Just adjusts his reasons why. It’s comical at this point.

6. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really hope we have Hazard back for next week’s Atleti clash, otherwise with the form our forwards are in, I can totally see us struggling to break them down as usual. Sometimes I wonder if I should even watch us play Simeone’s team because it’s just not fun to watch.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    What? All Benzema had was on difficult header that he missed and a play where there was a bad angle & tried to square it to Modric. Benzema was mainly the only player available in the box. He had literally no service & when crosses came, he was surrounded by 5-6 players. It was literally a tough game where chances were limited.

People would defend Jovic with blood, sweat & tears if he had such a game.

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is a good team. I actually believe that this team in Europe can win the CL and/or la Liga, but except we cannot score. We dominated the second half, but the team can't score. Basically, the team has a single pure scoring type of a player. That is Benzema!

What other options do we have? Ramos is our second highest scorer this season. then, we have Rodrygo who is a teenager in his first European season. Jovic has a single goal so far. Please do not talk about his stats in the Bundesliga. That was 7 months ago.

Seriously, what do we expect? I claimed to be the only member of RMBS Benzema fan club back in the days. Please do not think of me with blind criticism of Benzema. I am not criticising him.

Ronaldo scored approximately 40 goals per season for many seasons. And in the history of the club, I do not remember a time when we depended so much on a single player. In truth, he still had a supporting cast. In Ronaldo's last three seasons, we had at least another player who scored 20 or more goals. In two seasons, our third scorer scored 19. And at least, two or more players ended scoring in the double digitals.

But as of 2020, we do not have as many scoring options. No one, except Benzema, is on pace to score over 20 goals. Modric, Ramos and Rodrygo are on pace to score about 10 goals each by the end of the season. We all know as a fact that Ramos cannot be a serious scoring threat. Perhaps, Modric cannot be one as well.

So are we asking Benzema to be better than Ronaldo? Obviously, no one expected him to be. On paper, we might need him to be better than Ronaldo. Is this realistic?

I said back in December that the team needed a second scoring option. I got laughed at.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple fun facts:

We are now 19 games undefeated in a row in all competitions.

Courtois has 10 clean sheets and 10 goals conceded total in La Liga. Same amount of clean sheets as goals conceded.

The last time we took the lead from Barcelona in La Liga was game 37 in the 16-17 season. It’s been a long time. That was Luis Enrique’s final season.

Kroos now has 6 assists in all competitions, tying last years tally already with plenty of season left to go.

Prit Javier, Lyra and Excape Goat repped this.
  10. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This is a transition year. We cannot be so greedy that we start yearning for double/ treble.
    We have a better assessment of the future now, Zidane is building a very dynamic team, only 2-3 pieces left to become a dominant powerhouse again.
    As for this season, I am sure a fit Hazard will make goalscoring easier. And the most important thing is - the team looks hungry again and is being capable of grinding ugly wins, that's hallmark of a true champion.

ElCapitánSR4, MiamiNative0722 and Lyra repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, I understand all of that. But the La Liga title is here for us to win it. We are just one scoring threat away from winning it all.

I might be too greedy about the CL. But when i looked around Europe, i do not see any clear favourite. Liverpool might be the only steady team, but they are the defending champion. It will be difficult for them. I thought PSG peaked too soon. Juventus perhaps(I have not watched the game Napoli game)? So I can see us winning it if we can fix that one problem,.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are a very good team....I know that. I am believing the hype, but as I mentioned, we must score goals.

13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Winning 0 - 1 at their home is good enough. Valladolid form at home is impressive. Small teams are improving, the age of putting 8 goals past them is gone. I'm happy.

14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this is the other reason why I don’t agree with the “this Barca so bad we have to win the league” line of reasoning. We are relying on teenagers in some of the most important positions on the pitch, and our best or 2nd best player has been out for 2+ months. And it shows!

I firmly believe that in the modern game and especially in Spain now where it feels like even the minnows are often well drilled and able to keep a great shape with players behind the ball against us, having someone who can beat defenders and collapse that shape is indispensable. And we don’t have anyone right now who can regularly do that.

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, I believe we have a good team and is peaking at the right time, except goal scoring part.

PS: I was referring to your comment that Barca is "so bad we have to win the league".

16. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Casemiro and Fede could end up scoring goals too.

MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Ramos, Kroos, Casemiro, Benzema etc are multiple CL winners.... there is no reason why we cannot win it but of course it will depend on injuries or maybe key players missing through suspensions

Excape Goat repped this.
  18. Knedalah

Knedalah Member

Real Madrid
    Israel
    Aug 4, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    although we won, this probably was the worst performance from the team this season (excluding psg away, maybe mallorca away as well). we have 0 ideas offensively, no creativity at all, not enough movement, just stupid passing in midfield between kroos-isco-modric and dumb crossing for no one in the box. missing valverde this game was so crucial, his fighting spirit is exactly what we need in a type of games like this.
    i really hope hazard is going to bring a change to our attack, this real team is one of the most boring we had in years, even when we get the results.

Hala Madrid!

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It isn't.

20. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lack of goals is such a problem. It would be a shame not to win something as this team has some real character. Reminds me of the first time Zizou took over and we won the 11th.

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By this year I meant, 2020 not 2019-2020.

I am starting to doubt if Modric will ever be at his best again. Probably will have his magical moments but overall he is still struggling to keep up with Kroos, Casemiro and Valverde. We can and should use his experience and skills with the ball in the CL as a substitute when the opponent is a bit tired.

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yes reminds me of 2016 too, where we beat Man City, Atleti without scoring too many goals

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I still don’t get why this wasn’t called.
    1221748306163924992 is not a valid tweet id

Add this to his refusal to hand a red card to that thug in the first half all you start to wonder, why wasn’t VAR used?

24. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I also think it was a penalty. Strange that Rodrygo himself didn’t complain.

Prit Javier and Drouchk repped this.
  25. Murghee

Murghee Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great win

Got to watch the match on sky with new channel called la liga tv

As normal bbc have a mundane article on madrid going top..yet when barca win and stay top they have an article with a section for people to comment and stuff

Lyra, Anon. and Prit Javier repped this.