Real State and the job market.

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by AguiluchoMerengue, Jan 21, 2009.

1. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok so the money used to be on Real State, so where is the money now?

Another thing that surprised me was to talk to a friend the other day, she went to business school in South Carolina, they are supposed to have a great business school, she was part of business association or frat or whatever where she had great contacts.

The interesting thing is that she told me she does not have a job and she didnt look convinced she would find one soon.

Very surprised that a business grad with a marketing degree would be out of a job for too long, marketing is usually one field with a lot of openings.

The other question, what the heck is going to happend to all the people in Real State?

If not Real State where would the big money made now?

2. Tobin

Tobin Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago
    You can make a living within proprietary education. People will always need schools and schools will always hire employees with strong sales skills.

The Bachelor's degree is the new high school diploma. A degree is fine but internships are so important. What did your friend do while they were in college?

3. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    sometimes i kind of think experience is much more important now days, a BA is great but most people always look for experience.

idk if she did an intership, im assuming she did, but jobs are really hard to find nowdays.

kind of scare me.

4. TheJack

TheJack New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nowadays it's necessary to consider working abroad and not limit yourself to just your country. Every company expects you to speak another language, have at least a bachelor, and so on. That's why I'm considering working in Germany for the next years. Is hear maybe anybody who knows how Germany's pensions plan system is comparable to the system in the States? I would appreciate every answer.