Real Salt Lake -- Shouldn't it be......

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by OutKast3000, Nov 16, 2004.

1. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Royal Salt Lake????

I thought that "Real" in Spanish translate to "Royal" in English. It doesn't make any sense to me because how many Americans or casual soccer fans are going to refer to the "Real Salt Lake" team as opposed to the "Ray-all Salt Lake" team.
    I truly think this is a terrible decison on the name of the club. This is the USA and us Americans are quite stubborn. This isn't Spain so I don't think the name will catch on. But that is my opinion and I hope that I am dead wrong.

I just want to get confirmation on the reasoning behind picking this name. Is it becasue of an agreement/partnership with Real Madrid???

Anyway best of luck to the new team. Looking forward to a 12 team league. It should be fun.

2. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shouldn't it be Outcast and not Outkast?

3. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real question is "Big Boi or Andre 3000?".

4. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    it sounds the same either way you spell it. But you are probably right anyway.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope no one calls it Reel Salt Lake. I'd literally cry. Rey-AL

6. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I give you points for originality...this topic has never been covered before!

7. Jim Umber

Jim Umber New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Don't forget to bring tissues with you, as there will probably be many who do. At least until they learn better. No matter. It will still be OUR TEAM, and we will still love them.

8. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the best you could come up with?

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    At least you took a decent approach to this. I've seen too many of these threads where practically the only thing voiced is "it's crap". It's a legit question. I think folks around here are burnt out on answering it from addressing it so many times. Just poke around the Real threads and you'll find your answers. :)