Real Madrid x Celta Vigo Player Ratings

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ronaldinhobr10, Sep 10, 2005.

1. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    your thoughts

2. mauritz

mauritz New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Jönköping, Sweden
    Casillas: 9, i have quite a problem with seeing him perform better. He did great.
    Salgado: 7, one of the better players. Great offenseively, great defensively.
    R. Carlos: 6, he did pretty good. Those legs'll never stopp running.
    Helguera: 7, the cross resulting in the 2-1 goal was superb, no mistakes.
    Pavón: 1, if he ever plays a game for real again, I'll se the person responsible shot. Both real goals were his fault. Only his. Man, do I hate him right now!
    Beckham: 5, he did ok.
    Guti: 5, he did ok. Nothing to get excited about but nothing to be dissapointed about either.
    Gravesen: 6, 7 if he hadn't made that mad tackle. Did everything that he didn't do against Cadíz.
    Baptista: 8, splendid, just splendid.
    Ronaldo: 6, looks inspired again.
    Robinho: 9, 10 if any of his shots had found their way into the net. He'll mean to Real what Ronaldinho meant for Barca.

Raúl, García and Ramos, I've got nothing to say about. Though it'd been one hell of a debut if Ramos hade made that header in the 93:d minute go where he wanted it to.

This was by far the most unfair loss I've seen Real suffer. We should've won, no question about it. All is because:
    1. Pavón's mother must have died yesterday or something like that. I can't see any other possible explanation how anyone can suck so bad. Awful, just awful.
    2. The referees made some mistakes. Some offsides that just made me go "What the...?", and of course the goal that wasn't a goal.

Still, I'm far more pleased with Real's performance against Cádiz. Hopefully we'll not have to stand Pavón again now that we've got Ramos, and that should solve everything. I'm optimistic.

3. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The lines man was an absolute joke so to the referee throughout the game. A TERRRIBLE TERRIBLE RESULT for us. The performance deserved much more than what we got.

Casillas- 7. Rarely troubled, great save from the penalty unlucky with the follow on.

Salgado-7. Impressive performance from him looked sharp and what good going forward.

Pavon-4. Terrible performance from him. Lost possesion a lot and his terrible decision to put his hand 2 feet in front of his head really was a moral breaker just before the interval.

Helguerra-6. He was the meant to be marking Baiano for the first goal and when Baiano hit the bar Helguerra was in no mans land. Fantastic cross for Baptista's goal.

Roberto Carlos-5. Little to no presence in the game. Excellent cross at the end which Ramos could not convert.

Guti-5. I have been raving for him to be in the team all week and now i'm sorry he did. Looked very tired and was very sloppy.

Gravesen-5. Another far from impressive start to the season for him. Lucky not to be sent off.

Beckham-6. Worked endlessly for us but his passes were to no avail.

Baptista-8. A very impressive performance from him. Worked well across the whole pitch and looked dangerous. Also on the end of a very well taken goal.

Robinho-9. My man of the match. Best player on the pitch for me. His vision and effort was emmaculate. Was a constant thorn in the side for Celta. Had a legitimate goal ruled offside as well. Also sent Placente to a different planet with one superb piece of individual skill.

Ronaldo-6. Looked to have a promising link up with Baptista and Robinho but his only involvement was slotting the penalty home.

Subs..

Sergio Ramos-6. Rarely troubled in defence but felt he was the real victim in the final goal. Clear shove by Baiano which led to their goal.

Raul-5. Nothing to do and added no new dimension to how we played. Only came on because we were chasing the game and Gravesen looked likely to be sent off.

P,Garcia-5. Given no time to make an impact.

The ref... -10. What???

4. parshva

parshva New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Mumbai,India
    well i think we should gift him to barca :D :D

5. mauritz

mauritz New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Jönköping, Sweden
    Now that's an idea... Sounds really appealing.

6. miensoccer

miensoccer New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    USA
    Pavón: 1,

he needs to sit a bench for little while

7. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

They'd never take him. We should put him in a wooden horse and present that to Barca, when he's discovered, we'll just lock our doors and won't let Barca return him.

8. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago
    :confused: You have got to be kidding me. The team loses to Celta at home and you give out 9's to some players?

Casillas - 6
    Salgado - 6
    R. Carlos - 6
    Helguera - 6
    Pavón - 4
    Beckham -6
    Guti - 5
    Gravesen - 6
    Baptista - 7
    Ronaldo - 6
    Robinho - 7
    Ramos - 6
    Raul - 5

9. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

Ever hear of the saying, the better team doesn't always win?

10. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

A defeat doesn't neccesarily mean that a team played poorly and this was the case tonight. We deserved to win the game and 10 of our starting 11 performed well enough as a team but we were robbed by a ridiculous decision from the linesman. Hate to say it but it's definitly 3 points to be looked back on if ew don't win La Liga. Anyone who doesn't award Robinho and Baptista a high mark is harsh, they played out of their skins and if we were to equalise or win it always looked like coming from one of them.

11. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    Pavon sometimes shows capability, but the game he had today shows that his destiny is just not at Real. He couldn't have had worst timing to have a bad game than now with Ramos just signed and in the bench. He will sit. I wonder if knowing that he would end up in the bench anyways didn't make him not be able to take the pressure. Anyway, Ramos is definitely better and will add quite a lot more than him, Pavon was going to sit no matter what.

12. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Um... OK, if Pavon didn't commit any errors, he would've been the best defender in the world. How's that? I'm not saying they performed poorly - 7 is a good grade, considering the circumstances. But the bottom line is that we couldn't even manage a tie in our own stadium against a relatively weak team. Giving 9 to a forward who neither scored, nor gave out a single assist is extremely generous, IMHO.

13. Predator67

Predator67 New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Lets face it they played bad! Don't blame the lineman for the lost blame Florentino Perez. Any Real fan knows we needed defense not a striker that can play tricks (Robinho) He would be eaten alive in the EPL. Aside from that Vanderlei Luxemburgo What are you Doing? Why is Baptista on the left when he should be in the middle and beckham playing in the middle when he should play on the right. Tonight they played bad they all looked out of position exept Salgado and Helguera. what was really sad when we were down we Raul why is he coming on? Oh for you thinking the linesmen blew it how about when Baptista foot got caught and fell no one touch him and we got a penalty shot for that. I hope we improve cause Barca is going to Dust us God Help us

14. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    WTF are you talking about? Perez bought Sergio Ramos, and he probably would have bought another defender if Woodgate was not ready. If anyone is to be blamed tonight, it is Luxa for starting Pavon. I swear after that first goal, I was begging Luxa to sub him, and lo and behold Pavon goes ahead and gives them an unnecessary penalty, because for one costly moment of confusion the moron thought he was at a basketball match.

15. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    I am sorry to disaggree with you, but any technical player who does not make it or barely makes it in Spain is a king in the EPL. Robihno would have the most fun in his life there, as would most other Brazilians. I think this is why they prefer Spain, there is more competition at their level. To me, it's more of the opposite. Robihno will have a heck of a lot more trouble in La Liga to play with spaces than in the EPL where there is a lot more freedom and room for his speed and "tricks".

Robihno had a pretty good game though until he got tired. The problem is not having the wings as an option to relieve our center forwards or AMs like him from doing all the work, and having only one striker ahead of him instead of 2, which obviously cuts down his chances of success with an assist by 50%.
    I don't like Ronaldo - Robihno because it's going to end up being Ronaldo and Robihno behind him (same mistake made with Raul, just do the same to Robihno and see what happens. There has to be an AM supported from the back and also at the front) It has to be Ronaldo-Raul & Robihno, with wings or with a system that works on the wings as well like Luxemburgo wants to do. There were no wings at all today and too much going through the middle against a team that is winning and defending with their teeth. Robihno is not a physical portent either, he can't take the full 90 minutes trying to be the mark for every ball that goes to the attack. He lasted 60 more or less.
    This gets me to another point: if Raul gets injured, then it's Ronaldo by himself. God forbid it is Ronaldo who gets injured. Last year we had enough true strikers to make 3 teams with them, and this year we don't have a bench for them, falling short.

16. Borruma

Borruma Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Dublin
    Which is why Brazilians and other south Americans have had amazing records in the EPL.

The Original Poster was right about Robinho being too lightweight for the EPL.

17. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Uhhh no he's not. You can't judge how they would do because Brazilian strikers simply don't go to England. When a representative sample size do, than judgements can be made.

I remember a certain Juninho - even more dimunitive than Robinho - having a field day in the EPL before getting injured...in Spain.

18. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago

You are completely wrong, my friend. Robinho would not have survived EPL. EPL is by far the worst league to play for elegant, technical players. And players in La Liga have far more free space than players in Premiership, where the style is waaay more physical.
    You can ask Veron about that. Or Kleberson, or even Forlan, they'll tell you all about it. You think it's coincidence that Brazilians simply don't want to join English clubs? Or that there have never EVER been a successful Brazilian player with the above characteristics in the EPL?

19. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Your making judgements with no proof at all. How many Brazilians have gone there? Why are you assuming they are scared?

Forlan? Its like the Serie A fans who say that any mediocre Serie A striker can become a star striker in the EPL because of Henry....that example ignores the context of each player's individual development. Only when a good number make the plung will we see anything from which conclusions can be based.

They mostly don't go there because of weather, style of football, and lack of cache of EPL until now. Its only very recently that EPL has gained traction in Brasil in terms of awareness. You see very few supporters/fans of British teams. Today aspiring players want to go to Spain and Italy. In the future it may change.

20. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Ever heard of Juninho Paulista? He was the star of EPL (along with Zola) before moving to Madrid.

21. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    There is not enough evidence to suggest that Brazilian players would or would not perform admirably in the EPL. If some people are inferring based on imaginary ideas and assumptions, one might as well conclude that since Juninho was successful in the EPL, all Brazilian players with similar attributes (e.g., Robinho) would be successful. Wouldn't such conclusions be baseless? The sample size of Brazilian players in the EPL simply isn't or hasn't been large enough to draw meaningful conclusions from.

22. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago
    They are not all scared, but they realize that it would be much easier for them to live up to their potential in La Liga rather than the Premiership.

Um... What? Manchester United was (is?) the most popular club in the world for about 10 years. And the richest. Few supporters?

Star? Playing for Boro? Naaah. Well, he had flashes, but he never really lived up to his potential. And he couldn't help his team win. I mean after all, how good he really was if his team got relegated after a couple of seasons and not a single Premiership-contending side wanted him on ther side? And the only club that wanted him was Atlectico, who was on the brink of elimination in Spain? And then, when eventually they were relegated, the only team that was interested in him was Boro... Nah, he was not a star by any stretch of the imagination.
    I mean if Robinho goes on and has a career similar to Juninho's, wouldn't he be considered a major bust? He would.

23. Predator67

Predator67 New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    you can't put all the blame on Pavon. They just played bad they should of never got rid of Owen. As of Robihno he need to gain 50 pounds to play on the EPL he is way to small. Forget Raul he is done. All any team needs is a good counter strike and we are in trouble. I hate to beat the drum about Owen but if i had a choice of Owen or Robihno I would take Owen he is a pure goal scorer.Well on to the next saga sorry i mean game

24. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Manchester being a globally recognized team means nothing in terms of following in Brasil. I lived there and the only ManU shirts I saw - the rare times I did - where worn by ex-pats.

Compared to the fact that every single knock-off merchant has Real Madrid, Barca and italian team jerseys. Until recently the EPL has been an afterthought to Brasilian players.

To give you an idea, when I left in 2000 you could only catch EPL teams if they happened to be shown playing CL. You got La Liga and Serie A every weekend.
    Your either downplaying the truth, or not remembering Perchik.

Juninho, it his first year, took a very modest Boro to two finals - League Cup final and FA Cup final - they lost both to better teams, but Juninho was a star. Check out any Middlesborough fan site for the proof you need of his impact.

He left for Atletico after one year precisely for the fact that he was getting concerned that with next to NO recognition in Brasil for his tremendous play in the EPL he would miss out on the WC. And, Atletico never got his full capabilities after the criminal tackle on him that shattered his ankle. He was never the same again.

Here's the BBC's description http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/2090437.stm
    Juninho arrived at Middlesbrough from Sao Paolo for £4.75m, with manager Bryan Robson declaring: "I believe he can become the greatest player in the world".

The boast seemed exaggerated, but Juninho was simply awesome in his first season in English football, combining sensational ability with an appetite for English football rarely matched by overseas players.

Flair, technique, passion and a huge heart were all in evidence as he played 74 games, scoring 17 goals in his first spell at the club.

Mutual admiration Juninho helped Boro to two Cup finals in 1997, tasting defeat on each occasion. Few will forget the image of him sat in tears on the pitch when the club were relegated on the last day of the season.

With ambitions to regain his place in the Brazilian squad, Juninho left to join Atletico Madrid during the close season.

25. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Casillas - 6. He hasn't work, only one play at the end of the game.

Salgado - 6. Good game, good attitude like always.

Pavon - 3. Really bad game.

Helguera - 5. Correct game.

Roberto Carlos - 5. Correct game.

Beckham - 6. Good first half, he drop his level in the second half like the rest of the team.

Baptista - 8. Very good game. He scored a good goal, and was very active.

Guti - 2. Horrible game, he missed a great chance to demostrate that he can play in the starting 11. He was the captain. He must move the team. But he failed pass after pass, was slow, doesn't help in defense, a total lack of attitude, .... He had one of his bad days, this use to happen with Guti, when he has one of his bad days, he simply dissapear.

Gravesen - 7. He made the defensive work that sir Guti didn't want to do today. And so more attitude in only 1 minute than Guti in the 90.

Robinho - 7. Vert good first half, correct second half. Good attitude.

Ronaldo - 6.5. He scored the PK, and missed some clear goal chances. Very active.

Raul - No rating.

Sergio Ramos - 5. Correct game, he will need some games to fit in the team. This isn't wonderland and everybody knows that a player need some time to adapt in the new team.

Pablo Garcia - No rating.

Luxemburgo - 5.

Refs - O. We have started the season like we ended the last season Villar and friends stealing us. But we know what was going to happen when Perez Arminio, president of the refs and right hand of Villar that is subsidize by Laporta, attacked Real Madrid this preaseason in the meeting of the refs. Totally disgraceful, that a person that should be neutral, attack one of the teams of the competition. It won't be enough to play better than the other teams to win la liga, we will have to play much better. No problem.