Post-match: Real Madrid vs. Valladolid|La Liga|12-4-09 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Robben is world class, full stop.

I don't understand the concept of considering to sell your better/best players when you have half a team of players that could/should be replaced first.

2. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree with the Torres hate. He put a great cross in at the beginning of the 2nd half (Higuain should have scored) and he put an excellent through ball in to the box later on. His defence was solid. Torres is no starter, but he is fine as a back-up on the bench.

Heinze on the other hand provided no offense and has trouble even defending. His unnecessary hand balls and fouls against even Valladolid make him a liability.

3. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    I think it's some sort of nutritional deficiency some people in this board are dealing with. They don't get enough vitamins and essential nutrients and that makes them say such stupid things over and over and over and ********ing over again.

4. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Observation:Torres is a better defender than Heinze , Torres can play anywhere in defense, Torres crosses better then Heinze .Torres is only going to get better , Heinze is only going to get worse.

Conclusion : Keep Torres , ditch Heinze.

Additional notes : I really like Heinze he couldn't cope with the speed and responsibility of being a Real Madrid defender though.

5. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed on Torres.

I thought he had a decent game too, but for me I think he lacks the quality when played against tougher competition in La Liga and certainly not CL. A good back-up, it's just a lack of pace that lets him down. What is it with our cantera players over the years - the majority seem to be slow!

6. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I thought his first half was atrocious. His net passing must have been -100m or so, he passed it back to the keeper constantly. That Escudero dude (good player, BTW) absolutely raped us in the first half. He was Torres's assignment.

7. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I agree. Can't wait for the day we sell Heinze.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Torres a better defender than Heinze? Lol.

Torres is just as bad, even slower and putting him against a winger or forward with even the smallest amounts of pace will leave his side completely ripped and us completely owned.

Heinze is crap and I want him out as well, BOTH out. Heinze like I complained about for years, does so much stuff to jeopardize the team. Hand balls, stupid fouls, talking too much, etc.

However at least once in a while he can cover a quicker player. It's like Torres doesn't have a snowball's chance unless the guy is dirt slow, injured, or not trying at all.

If Torres wasn't a Canterano none of you would be defending him... seriously.

Torres was a complete disaster yesterday. He easily was the worst in the first half, making horrid passes to either make life harder for the defense/keeper or turnover the ball immediately for a counter.

While Heinze was shit too in always doing something to jeopardize us, at least he can cover a little bit.

Torres looks completely lost and out of his element damn near every time he touches the pitch. No different than Javi Garcia, just a remotely a little bit better.

9. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Is Torres our Oleguer? :p

10. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    If Oleguer is better than Heinze he is.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Torres is still better than Oleguer

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yet worst than Heinze.

13. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll choose to disagree with that.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I choose to disagree with you.

*removes glove, then slaps to start a duel to the death*

15. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. Heinze is like our version of Walter Samuel on the flank. He is a ********-up with us, constantly getting skinned, carded, etc. Torres hasn't shown that he has that much of an upside, but, in his defense, he rarely plays, he is younger (could get better), and he is player that may be content with being a rarely used squad player. To that end, I believe he is a useful tool in the shed. Heinze, on the other hand, is no starter, and should be replaced.

Good points.

16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If only Torres can regain his form under Capello......

17. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Just to point out the obvious, it wouldn't cost too much to replace Robben when you deduct the cost of his hypothetical sale. I don't think anyone thinks his sale should be a priority, but if his selfishness and injury proneness continue...it might be something to consider.

I don't know whose 'hate' you are referring to, but I was just saying that classifying him as an 'untouchable' is ridiculous.

18. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    No one would buy him, when you really put some thought into it.. Its true

19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I dont think Robben is any worse than most wingers we are linked to. Unless its CR7 or Messi:)p), I dont think we should waste our money and time on changing something that might backfire like what happened with Robinho.

20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus were linked to him.

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Not to take anything away from the kid but i always thought that a large part of that "good form" was due to capello's defensive system. He was never left exposed and always had help.

22. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Certainly true.

When Torres is left on his own, he looks like a 2nd Division player. Sorry to say this to you folks who thought he'd be something else. I thought so too at the very beginning, but until he manages to become a consistent defender and develops a better awareness and touch, I feel Ramos' leaving him on the bench is fully justified.

23. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also feel Heinze playing instead of him is a crime. Am sure even Raul Bravo would have been better than Heinze. That guy doesnt contribute to the attack, 80% of the times doesnt contribute to the defense, and simply gifts the other teams goals. Torres in the other hand has one good cross out of 10, and his defending is not so great but still better than Heinze. Next season it would be complete stupidity to have any of them starting, but for the moment, I prefer Torres.

24. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    What are you talking about, he scored two* goals the other week! :p