REAL MADRID vs UNION BERLIN | UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday #1 | 20.09.23 | 18:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Rodrygo and Vinicius don't work as a front two. Joselu is necessary for to get the best out of either of them. He didn't score but he played incredibly well today and provided a threat for us. Joselu is what he is.

At least Rodrygo is playing well, but I think we all want him to be something he isn't. He just doesn't have the mentality. He's Vini's sub at this point.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Saeta Rubia and 8 others repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He’s a legit super sub

Deep Pal, arcane, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe Rodrygo is not yet so far. Maybe he'll never be but you can see the quality in flashes.

libertao repped this.
  4. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He could make a career out of it. His run during the double was just crazy.

Ahmadi8 and Anon. repped this.
  5. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As things currently stand, Carlo really shouldn't be dropping Joselu for Vini, for a number of reasons. It's got to be Rodrygo, unfortunately.

arcane and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saadomar, Saeta Rubia and Shay Z repped this.
  7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    City?

8. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    Spain
    I guess they lost the Community Shield.

saadomar and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Joselu played a really good game. People have to understand he is a target man, he won't be super involved in much else. He is a great ariel threat and right now, with us not having our main goal threat (vini) out we 1000% need him on the pitch if we want to increase our chances of scoring. He was sooooo unlucky yesterday. Another day and he would have scored 2 goals and probably win MotM. It happens. He has raised him game in the short time he's been back and i am very happy with him so far. And he's the sort of player who gets sharper the more he plays and scores.

Rodrygo hasn't scored since week 1 i think. That's not good enough unfortunately, not when we needed him more this season than in the past. He is squandering the best chance he will ever get to solidify himself in this 11 and in the club for years to come.

Dude, we forget that he was the second best RB in the world for the majority of his career. He's amazing and like all of us have said plenty of times, elite players at the end of their careers if managed well will produce for you. Look at how Kroos is doing lately.

Oh i have no doubt we are rushing him back like we do with all our important players and like most top clubs do with their most important/expensive investments. Hopefully he'll be fine. We need him, that's for sure.

He has won everyone over within 2 months of being here. His teammates, the coaches, the fans, everyone. Incredible. What he is doing i've only ever seen one other player do at Madrid after their arrival. The GOAT himself.

I don't know if others have noticed, he is dominating the English language football programs and social media when it comes to coverage simply because he's English and frickin amazing. This is bringing the club much more exposure in the English speaking media.

Deep Pal, arcane, Glide84 and 3 others repped this.
  10. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I came here to defend Joselu's performance, but he last few posts have already done a good job of it. He played a good game yesterday and is playing a really imporant role for us.

I also thought that Fede played really well once he came one. Like always he popped up in a bunch of different spots and performed well in each of them. If we keep being unable to penetrate through the center, his shots from distance - and really just the threat of them - are going to be so important for stretching low blocks vertically and so breaking down their coherence.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and natenate101 repped this.
  11. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Here I come !!! Madrid - Braga
    Just ordered tickets
    Someone coming ?

Deep Pal, libertao, natenate101 and 5 others repped this.
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    How optimistic are you for that game? :D

13. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Hhhhh we’ll last time I was vs city 1-1
    Hope for better result

hector_br repped this.
  14. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've been critical of Fede in the past and I think he still has certain limitations but he's come in this season and done really well too. Have to give him his flowers.

15. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    https://youtube.com/live/cGPzmbnuHag?si=fwPwSUfgrDui95hm

This is me before the semi final.. my first time interview in Spanish (not my mother Language).
    I was very nervous before that game which ended 1-1

hector_br repped this.
  16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Drew community shield and drew in the super cup.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn’t one of the ones clamoring for Brahim to come in early in this game, although I do think he can be useful when we’re chasing a game and breaking down deep blocks. He definitely has been earning more minutes.

I do want to highlight something that went under the radar. If Bellingham wasn’t making that run for the goal, Brahim was there ready to bury that rebound and that’s a good sign that he’s making similar runs into the box to create chances. If Jude didn’t score, Brahim would have.

Deep Pal, saadomar, Edino Edinho and 4 others repped this.
  18. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I actually kind of wanted Brahim to get that goal. I'm enjoying Judemania as much as the next guy, bit I also want some other guys to be building up their confidence.

This wasn't actually my favorite Brahim game, though. It's the first time I've watched and thought that he was over dribbling a bit. I wondered if it grew out of feeling that he needed to do something in the limited minutes that he had to prove himself.

Shay Z, libertao, ImadEdd and 1 other person repped this.
  19. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    I’d really like for him to take more responsibility. Too often I think he plays it a bit safe, passing back or sideways instead of going forward. Either with his passing or just dribbling. We know he can do it, I’d just like him to be more risky in his game and not play it as safe. Think it will really help us going forward.

20. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    8.11 vs Braga I’m there
    Someone is coming ?

21. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Too many years playing with Kroos will do that to you.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, a terrible influence to have around. :rolleyes:

23. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Kroos plays two passes. One is backwards to the CB or the long diagonal switch to the outside back. That’s about the extent of his ability now.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wow. You're talking about one of the best midfielders of his generation and a vital piece in our hugely successful team for the last decade. This is crazy talk brother Seoul.

This myth has been debunked so many times already. He has been the leader in vertical passing (for midfielders) on the team multiple times i think (stats were posted here) and even during his post prime years he isn't the type of player you are trying to paint him as. Most people criticize him for his loss of pace and ability to keep up, definitely not his passing abilities or tempo control.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo only scored penalties and tapins, Ramos only kicked people into a wheelchair, let's just not watch football and let whatever silly opinion there is define the players.