REAL MADRID vs UNION BERLIN | UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday #1 | 20.09.23 | 18:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 19, 2023.

1. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He was still our best midfielder next to Jude

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? Brahim was right there with him.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jude does it again

amazing

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We were really flat in the first half. Didn't create much expect couple of half chances for Joselu from crosses. Much more urgency in 2nd half and were unlucky not to score on few occassions. Persistence paid off at the end.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We finished with 3.42 xG, 0.92 of which was the Bellingham finish. Ended up with 1 goal from that.

It's concerning because while some may have complaints about the subs and how much minutes this or that player got, we kinda threw the sink at this game. It was basically only Ceballos and Mendy left on the bench by the end.

We're creating a healthy amount of chances, but failing to finish them. Of course, it's the hardest thing to do in the game of football. Where in prior years Benzema and Vinicius were outscoring their own xG, we're doing the opposite now. We have to hope that either a few guys pick up their finishing levels or that the system will continue to generate more and more chances.

Shay Z, arcane, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Rodrygo, but he has to step up. He was unlucky not to score with that volley, and Joselu hit the post from his cross. But he choked on several important chances. And he only has one goal this season.

Shay Z, Bear Crotch, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s the thing, we’ve had plenty teams come in and have the game of their lives against us. This wasn’t the case today. We just didn’t look coordinated and lacked cutting edge. That’s why I’m down on the display. But hey, I’m happy for the win of course. Desperate as it was in the end.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With our lack of firepower, we have to start to convert more setpieces to help with goals.

J-Mezzy, Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought a period is only 3-4 days, Rodrygo's is like 3-4 weeks...

RoadMan repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Joselu was unlucky not to get two goals today as with Rodrygo.

We could have easily won this 5-0 but Union came to defend and didn’t bother to play football and we were just unlucky with our chances.

Union got away with a drubbing tbh.

11. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    I don’t know what u all think, but I really worry. Every game we struggle and suffer from start of the season. I miss the days we smashed teams like that 5-0. Carlo should be very concerned

Edino Edinho and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After Brahim came in, Ancelotti seemed to use him behind Joselu while keeping Rodrygo on the wing. I thought Rodrygo would be a better secondary striker while Brahim is a better winger.

13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Okay, not everyone.

14. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Carlo needs to make sure his troops come out firing in the first half. Especially at home.

Kroos changed the game again. He was well suited for this game.

We haven't found the right roles for Rodrygo and Camavinga I think.....we are not playing to their strengths I think.

Striker and Right back needed....same old story lol

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    JUDE BELLINGHAM Vs Union Berlin:

• 1 Goal
    • 4 Shots
    • 90 Touches
    • 89% Passing Accuracy(59/66)
    • 3 Chances Created
    • 100% Accurate Long Balls(3/3)
    • 5 Final Third Passes
    • 6 Progressive Passes
    • 3 Progressive Carries
    • 4 Defensive Actions

libertao repped this.
  16. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  17. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    The first half was very pedestrian, much better in the second half and we created a fair amount. Finishing just wasn’t there.

Is Camavinga the successor to Kroos? How do you lot see it? Kroos came on and started dictating the game from deep. I think we are missing that when he is not on the field. Especially against these low blocks. Camavinga has all the physical attributes, but seemingly not the vision and certainly not the same ability on the ball.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We have been struggling to break dow against bus park teams for years now. At least we have won all those games this season thanks to Jude's goals mostly. We do much better when there's space.

Waiting for Vini to return. Joselu has done well, but we need Vini's creativity and Bellingham's off the ball runs through the middle floor is limited with Joselu. Rodrygo has been underwhelming so maybe he could lose his spot if Carlo wants to start Joselu when Vini returns.

19. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Every game we are going to suffer like that 1-0 / 2-1 result ? This team screaming for 9

20. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    He'll need rest sooner or later. Exhausting the guy is not the best mindset, either.

What a frustrating game. Glad Jude scored again. We miss Vini a lot.

21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He can rest when the schedule starts shaping up and the CDR comes along. He’ll get his turn on the bench just like Tchouameni, Valverde and Camavinga have so far.

We don’t have anyone to come and do what he does though that’s the thing, the link between midfield and attack with Benzema no longer here.

22. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Well he's going to pay for it eventually. I love him as much as anyone, but he cannot keep playing 90+ minutes every game.

The performance of certain players like Rodrygo, Vasquez, etc.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rodrygo hasn't scored since opening weekend. And he's started every game. Unless he starts scoring a few more, others can't carry scoring load for those 3,4,5 goal victories you want.

RoadMan repped this.
  24. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Unlike you I trust the coaching staff and fitness team to know how much he can take right now.

There will be times he’s rested but certainly not for a CL game.

25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Disagree completely

Anon. repped this.