Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk | CL Group Stage #5 | 01.12.2020 | 18:55 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    What about the Haland Camavinga and Mbappe rumours. Surely that coup will boost your squad.

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was you, I don’t know man, I’m old and don’t remember things like I used to. Either way, I see the possibility.

dooda and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Huh, Zidane didn't get one and led us to a CL final.

Bring Pooch now since the idiots of this forum think our problem is mainly tactics and system.

Let Pooch show us the magic he showed Tottenham all those trophy-less seasons

Anon., madridista_hr and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 12 games (8 in Liga, 4 in CL) and 657 minutes, Marco Asensio has 0 goals and 0 assists.

I’m done with him.

Drouchk and Lyra repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We just had rumors of our President once again insinuating we don't have money to spend.

This is the same club who had like a net spend of like €50M for a combined four summers and only finally spent two summers ago (much of which was offset by previous sells).

Anyways this squad needs significant changes. We need to move our LB to CB promote the Castilla kid and bring back Reguilon. We need to sell Odrizola, find a replacement. Then we need to sell Varane and bring in Alaba. Then we need to sell (more like give away for free) Mariano, Jovic, Isco and Marcelo (I would sell Asensio and keep Lucas for Spanish numbers) and bring in the guys you mentioned some how.

6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Dani is too inconsistent and too injury plagued to be our starting fb. Team needs a serious rebuild, it's been a good run but this one foot stuck in the past talking about winning european silverware and the other focused on teenagers or 200mm signing isn't balanced. There's a lot we could do transfer wise but we don't.

Anon. repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This, i really don't get into the financials of the club because that's not my forte,i don't know about those things, but i've read this sooo many times in the past that i am surprised to now read/hear that we cannot spend, i don't know wether that's true or not but i'm surprised to hear it

8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Modric probably has to go grocery shopping when he gets home too, he literally puts everyone on his own back.

Saeta Rubia, Lyra, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I like the 5 midfield line up Zidane is running with. I just don't think Kroos is used correctly the role he us put in. Casemiro has to be in there.

10. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    WOW a win against Borusia will mean 1 place in the group,unbelieveble ZIDANE may survive :eek:

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Llorente is having a good game against Bayern, (frankly he's having a good season) and he couldn't get into our rotation. Guys like Isco and Bale can go for years without doing much and guys like Asencio get chance after chance. Marcelo should have been gone after last season but we have a bench full of pieces that are past their sell by date and guys like Militao will never play. We need wholesale changes and I don't think Zidane or Perez have been good about it.

12. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    One piece of advice...I know it's hard..but we have to embrace these tough moments. It is these rough moments that make our victories even sweeter. We'll smile back at this when we climb that CL mountain the next time.

Stay cool my people.

Drouchk, Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and 8 others repped this.
  13. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    we can finish 1st or last depending in the last games in the group

14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well, technically, its all open.
    I don't know how we can win vs Monch with such an a lame offense and lame defense, but if we win next week, and now that Inter have a chance to also move forward, it is going to be a real match between them and inter shakhtar, so we need to pray for Inter to win.

15. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We can finish first, but also last. Inter beats Donetzk, which is very likely and we lose to Borussia. No Europa league

16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    That's actually quite fair considering....

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now that Inter has won, If Real Madrid tie against Borussia Mgladbach, who goes through depending on the other games result?

18. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    If Shakhtar get a draw or a win then Borussia and Shakhtar go through.

19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Aw dammit. I'm sure Inter is gonna try their asses off because of what's at stake. It's so crazy that we're in this situation in the first place.

20. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    If we win, we go through regardless, if we draw, we need Inter to win, and if we lose we're out.

21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The real danger imo is the third spot, either qualify or get knocked out completely and fully focus on the league instead of having to embarrass ourselves in the Europa League.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure this is true. We have the same points as Shaktar, but they won both games against us. If we win and they win, we're in the europa league.

23. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    If we win and Shakhtar win we'd both have 10 points each and go through, Gladbach (8 points) and Inter (5 points) would go out.

24. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nah. That was me and every week I’m proven right. Mendy’s attacking game is shite but is an actual beast in defence.

Mendy is a certified CB

BjornH repped this.
  25. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zero identity. Zero leadership.

ImadEdd repped this.