Post-match: Real Madrid vs. Rosenborg|Bernabeu Trophy|08-24-09 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by samizamazin, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does anyone have a video of the presentations and Salgado tribute please?

3. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The presentations were nothing. They all walked out to the middle of the pitch and had their names called out.

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Manny had this to say about our teams depth to MARCA,

I don't get what he means by this (the part that i've highlighted). Perhaps something has been lost in translation.

5. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I read it as he meant we have too many players, top players, and managing the time between them will be unorthodox. In other words, he was made aware that players would be coming and the squad number may not go down to the ideal level and he would have to deal with having a big squad to at least January if not the rest of the season.

He has done a couple interviews recently saying it would be "diffficult" to manage to many high profile players.

6. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can this be a surprise to him? :confused:

7. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess he genuinally thought he would have the squad down to a much tighter number. Remember, we still have Sneijder and Van der Vaart to get rid of and there are question marks over the heads of a few others.

8. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The difficulty of managing high profile players is the defining aspect of the RM coaching job.

9. Jehuisthere

Jehuisthere Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And he admitted that. I don't think he was talking about the appearent major ego's of the players, more to the fact that we have so many internationals or people pushing to be, all will want time and finding a way to make these players happy is going to be difficult, more difficult than it would of been if we had a squad of let's say 20.

11. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you're making it sound like Pelligrini feels he's in over his head. I didn't read that at all from his comments. He's sending the message that top players are going to sit from time to time. That's all.

12. nadref

nadref Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Kosova
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Anywhere to see the goals?

13. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPAXr_aka2c"]YouTube - Real Madrid vs Rosenborg Ballklub (4-0) All Goals & Highlights [High Quality] - 24.08.2009[/ame]

14. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And that is what I said. I was simply quoting from Pelligirni.

15. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    For the people spamming the other threads complaining that Raul won't be able to keep up with fast counters due to his lack of pace - please have a look at those extended highlights.

Who is the only player inside the box in a dangerous position for all four of our goals (the goals included quick counterattacks, possession-play and a set-piece)?

16. nadref

nadref Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Kosova
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  17. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoeD8GiqCoU"]YouTube - Homenaje a Michel Salgado[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HO8r6483d8"]YouTube - michel salgado homenaje en el santiago bernabeu[/ame]

18. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You know, I could be wrong, but it sounds an awful lot like you HATE RAUL!:eek:

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

lol, seriously though, I pretty much agree with everything you said, and the congestion on the left side theory makes sense. My initial post was in reaction to some posters acting like it was suicide to have Raul out there on the pitch. I agree that Raul should be fit into a more practical system/lineup, and if that means he should be benched most games, then so be it. I was just reacting to the "Raul" doomsayers... it's funny that they still complain about him when he scores seemingly 1 out of every 3 games, we're kicking ass, and they act like it's the end of the world that he's out there.

With that said, I've made no secret that I would prefer Pipita, Benzema, and even Ruud (if he can still capitalize on his chances like he used to; my gut says that he can, and will if given the opportunity) out there to start over Raul. I agree with your assessment that Raul lacks the pace required for us to be at our absolute deadliest. I think Ruud, based on how he's played for us before he got injured, although he is lacking in pace as well, is a bit more clinical than Raul, and even creates more chances.

Raul would certainly be an exceptional option off the bench, although I would like to see him start against weaker La Liga opposition (or come in immediately after the game is in the bag) so that he can get the all-time La Liga scoring record.

Hopefully, Pellegrini sees this and fixes the congestion on the left side. It seems to me that Robben/Granero should start on the right, with Kaka in the middle, CR on the left, and Pipita and/or Benzem up top. Although, it is great having the likes of Robben come off the bench against a tired defense, but it sometimes seems like a waste of talent, doesn't it?

haha, it is rather remarkable, isn't it? "Why wasn't Lass WPOTY if he's so good?" or whatever dribble he/she actually typed. Must've not caught too many Real Madrid games prior to this preseason, lol. :rolleyes:

Distancing from that nonsense, I continue to be extremely impressed with Lass... The way he hurries the opposition on the ball, uses his body to dispossess them, his speed and ball-handling, and the confidence through which he rapidly/intelligently distributes the ball is exeptional. He seems to be getting better and I think he will soon be viewed as World Class (he already is by most of us), if not in the top 3 in the world in his position. He has been a real revelation for us, and it's nice because we finally have seemed to have gotten lucky with a transfer that didn't have much expected of him.

Extremely encouraging. I told you guys Arbeloa is a very good back. He's a bit underrated, because at Liverpool, he was a very solid defender. I rarely if ever seen him getting caught out the way S. Ramos, Torres, Heinze, etc used to, so I was pleased when we signed him. His offensive contribution yesterday surprised me though. Another great pick-up.

The whole defense looks very strong. I see this team being very, very scary if we can keep this up. Our defense and lack of midfield fluidity has been the achilles heal for several seasons. I think with the new backs, and the acquisition of Lass, Granero, and Alonso especially, these problems seem to be things of the past.

With that settled, and the players we know we can count on [Casillas, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain, Robben, and CR9 (and I am not at all worried about him, he's far too classy not to make a positive impact to the team)], I think this team is complete. If we can continue to gel as we have been doing, and MP gets us to play to our strengths (i.e. make the best use of our players, spread out the offense, create space, etc.), I think we will outpace Barcelona in La Liga, and do much better than we have been in the CL.

19. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I was finally able to catch this match thanks to Babai. What a performance by our team. I thought everything was in place but as YS has said there is the problem of congestion.

What I thought was really impressive was at the amount of chances on goal the opposition had. There were always games where we'd go up against smaller sides and end up on the back foot and eventually chasing the game. Rosenborg was a side that could have been capable of that yet they were resorted to a handful of chances on goal. Albiol is a monster out there while Garay looked very good as well.

Another thing that was great to see, after we subbed most our first team we looked as if we had a lineup on the field that was better than a lot of first XI's in the world.

This squad is whats going to help us outlast Barca during the season and its this first XI thats going to allow us to advance farther in the CL.

Whether this sporting project is a failure or not, Perez quite possibly has amassed the best possible mixture of talent in the world. There hasn't been a better time to be a Madridista than the 06-07 La Liga crown.

Here's to an entertaining and historic season. :)

21. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No problem mate :D

22. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club: