REAL MADRID vs REAL SOCIEDAD | La Liga Jornada 25 | 01.03.21 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 28, 2021.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ok now you are testing my faith lol

Excape Goat repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here's one from my side
    Hazard will be top scorer in both leagues.

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Why. We are in need of some changes and it's not likely to happen when we win it. It's called a perverse effect. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like us to win it.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because it can suggest anything. Firing the coach, or figuring this group simply doesn't "have it" and simply surrounding guys with big salaries like kroos, Benzema, Ramos, with mediocre cheaper players until they are off the books to initiate a restart.

I know people think "Florentino has to wake up!" translates into the club suddenly spending 500 mil. in three players and we're good to go but i consider that very unlikely, so my interpretation of "waking up" is going in a zig zag course with no real goal and just buying/selling/buying/selling until the solutions find themselves.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'd take the mediocre cheap player over the mediocre expensive players we've been buying.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    When they don't and we do then throw this nonsense in your face you will complain.

It's as if "support" only works for some of you when everything is going well and the wins are rolling in. I really hope this is just how you react to sports and not how you go about your every day life.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be great if we'd ave any idea what we're supposed to do with te guys we're bringing in a lot of times. Feels kind of "well, if i buy 4 of them, one is going to hit big" but then we have Odegaard who looks ready at La Real and we bring him back and it's the same thing we've always done. We don't really know where he's supposed to play or how he is supposed to help the team.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can debate the club's transfer strategy and our lack of financial competitiveness as much as we want. The reality is that we are missing real "game-changers" and "match winners".
    That is the type of player that will give us the edge over a long season of La Liga or CL football.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably, but they don't fall from the sky. We completely fumbled the Jovic situation start to finish and are paying for it now.

Anon. repped this.
  10. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Don't worry I have an excellent life. Thank you.

I respect your opinion. You seem to have a big love for the club and that is something we have in common. However , I don't like the way you argue about some things. You put me in this "I hate Zizou"-position which is just not rightful.

I feel we should go with another coach. You can think I am stupid because of that but stay polite.

For me the most important thing in football is the joy of the game. The way we play. And I feel ZZ coaches this team in a way that is very much result-based and there simply is no joy in watching us. You can say that comes down to personnel and that is Flo's fault but that just is short sighted. Zidane is at fault as well.

Baltor and hector_br repped this.
  11. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Okay I respect that.

I just think we need to invest in a smart way and not necessarely throw all our money (or the money we dont have) on 2 players.

12. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Him and others too, like I have said before, 240m Euros spent on the attack in the last few years.

13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Kroos and Modric are world-class players. You can see how they pull a pass or a dribble out of their top hats. Their shots are precise, the passing too. The intelligence is there, the drive to win is there. Benzema is kinda like that as well, but he seems a little "softer". Toni and Luka hardly disappear.

We need someone like them in our attack. We had Ronaldo, who could be very selfish but at least there was this drive in him.

Now we have players like Vini, Rodrygo, Hazard (lol), Benzema (to a certain extent), Isco, Asensio who seem to be quite OK with the idea of passing the ball around. They all seem scared or incapable to shoot or create danger.

We are not dangerous. I'd say right now that Kroos, Modric, and Casemiro are our biggest hopes when it comes to scoring. We are playing a 4-3-0 without Benzema.

Lucas and Mendy are better wingers than the ones we have. I think almost 40-year-old Robben could create more danger than our wingers. Ibrahimovic is freaking 40 and could contribute more than our youngsters.

If we really can't spend an extra dime on quality players, I fear for our future. Aside from Valverde, all these youngsters look like Valencia-level players right now. Benzema is not getting any younger and he's not the charging bull type of player we need anyway.

In short, getting points from Real Madrid nowadays is very easy. Sit deep, watch we pass the ball sideways, counter-attack, score, see we pass the ball sideways again but more desperate.

I don't expect us to remain on the top season after season. It's unrealistic. But I wish the matches were at least entertaining.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #314 MiamiNative0722, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021

We created chances and failed to make them.

Lyra and Drouchk repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If we had Benzema yesterday we would have won, i have no doubt about that.

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe that's why top teams have two strikers instead of one.

J-Mezzy, Stiliyan and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have 2 strikers too.

Just can't forget the day our club thought it'd be a sensible thing to give that prestigious no 7 to Mariano of all ffs! [emoji23]

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of them is in Frankfurt though.

The day people realize that you can't choose whatever number you want in Spain so somebody would have to play wearing the 7 will be quite the day to behold.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I also think that number retiring is stupid. I'm glad La Liga forces teams to use the set of numbers.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only other option was to give it to a fullback or something, the way Cicinho wore 11.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I like that the numbers have prestige and meaning for future and present to wear.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean, sure but this was probably the first time where it didn't directly switch hands. Who do you give the shirt after Ronaldo? The last players that wore the shirt wore it for an eternity, realistically for a player to take it from Ronaldo we'd have to have signed Mbappe or something like that.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    The people, it's always the people. Goddamn, you people!!!
    You know what he meant.
    If we had a 25-player squad, yes, somebody would have to pick the 7. Was that the case in Lope's season? If not, he could have picked another number.

But I gotta say, I was kinda happy with Mariano's return. He had had a good season with Lyon and he was not a bad third striker during the Doblete season.
    I liked how he had the balls to pick the #7 jersey back then. His goal against Roma actually gave me hope he would have a good season.

Then... he sucked. Then Zizou returned. Then he scored against Barça, lol. And now here we are. Even the most positive fans here have expressed how they don't want to see Mariano on the pitch ever again playing for us.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We had 30 registered players 4 of them being youth system double duty guys. Maybe Courtois could have gotten the number. It was widely publicized back then that eventually somebody would have to take the number.

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club should have retired no 7 in memory of the legend.