REAL MADRID vs REAL SOCIEDAD | La Liga Jornada 25 | 01.03.21 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I swear more than half of Vinicius' goals are due to a deflection. This guy is just such a jammy player.

Eddie and Lyra repped this.
  2. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yup might sound crazy, but I actually think Barca has a much higher chance winning the league than A.Madrid UNLESS Messi decides to go into sulking mode.
    There is a reason why Barca has dominated La Liga the past 10-11 years, the reason is called: Messi.

Kroosinator repped this.
  3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am never praising our team at half time ever again. Every single time it is bad luck. I will resume shit talking and pre 2009 negativity in hopes that we can finish out games correctly. This game had 4-2 written all over it.

4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Look at the squad and not just the badge. Our striking options today were Mariano and Duro aka who

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was a matter of time

Injuries just rocked his hard.

We saved a valuable point here. We just need to beat Atletico and we are in prime position to win the league again.

Excape Goat, saadomar, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  6. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We win this game if not for that decision. Sociedad created nothing outside of that timespan.

Forfeiting the midfield battle to accommodate Isco and Asensio with more space to attack centrally is not something that a manager who is learning from his mistakes does.

7. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Bummer. Disappointing result.

Lyra repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You said the same trash last year and just walk by it all when you end up wrong for the millionth time.

I'm one of those posters that believes this forum is open to all and welcome all voices; even those I don't care for..... however you?

Horsey probably needs to look for permanent solution.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see how Mariano is taking heat but Duro is "liked".

Dude was worse than Mariano in every aspect and Mariano was horrendous.

10. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    You can choose to look at it that way, but this is hardly vintage Real Madrid, either. In fact, when you look at the lineup Barcelona threw out there this past weekend, then look at what we threw out today, who would you take? Try to strip your biases when looking at those team sheets and names. What you're saying about Koeman's Barcelona is what they're saying about this Real Madrid team. Why do you think we're both looking up at Atleti right now, anyway? Both of us are on pace for 80-81 points right now. Wanna know where that stacks up with Barcelona's last few championship teams?

2018-'19: 87 points
    2017-'18: 93
    2015-'16: 91
    2014-'15: 92

Even in 2016-'17 when they finished second, they had a 90 point season. We had no fewer than 90 between 2014-'15 through 2016-'17, either. Atleti's current pace has them around 91 right now, and they're unlikely to get there if I had to take a guess.

This isn't vintage Real Madrid. This isn't vintage Barcelona. As you can tell from the CL, this isn't vintage La Liga. It's why I expected Atalanta to beat us in this stage of the CL and, after only getting 1-0 with an extra man for 73 minutes in Bergamo, I still expect them to beat us. We're going to need the cavalry by the time the return leg rolls around, or at least Rodrygo and Benzema. Who knows anything with Hazard at this point.

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So we now know why he changed the system at half time.

12. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006

13. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    He wanted to change the way we press? We had the ball and Sociedad didn't show anything in the first half and you want to change the way we press? It definitely changed the way we press because we couldn't do anything until they scored.

Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  14. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am disappointed but not shocked in the way we often get worse in the second half. Should have stuck to hoping to draw a PK or FK in dangerous territory while absolutely dominating their center midfield. This reminds me a little bit of last season, where for long stretches we had trouble finishing out games and go from 0-0 or 1-0 to the wrong result really quickly. I'm more or less neutral on Zidane at this point with all due respect of his legacy with us, but I've become increasingly inclined to think that without a goalscorer, we go from winning 80%+ of our games to about 60%.

The sincere hope is we learn, stick to our familiarity, and grind it out vs. Atalanta while we wait for injured players to return. All will be sort of forgiven if Hazard pulls a resurgence and scores 10 goals in 8 games and gets us a CL trophy. (Wishful thinking).

Deep Pal, Lyra and Drouchk repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I personally don’t mind tweaks, I actually want to see them but you shouldn’t tweak for the hell of it, we had Sociedad pinned and a goal coming was only a matter of time, they were the ones who needed to make adjustments, not us, we needed to simply do more of the same.

Deep Pal, Chinky24 and Lyra repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mariano is horrendous with the ball. There was a good counter chance for him in the first half and I knew he'd go for the wild shot rather than wait for the help to arrive at far post or at least take on the defender to get a better angle. Duro only had that header half chance and another play in the box which he read well passing to Case. Had Case made the extra pass, Rodrygo had a good look at the goal.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #292 4x4s, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Sociedad came out in the second half all over us, we concede, then go back to what we were doing and they are harmless again. Could be a costly blunder in the long run. I figure Zidane's "i changed it, but then i changed it back" is his way of saying "sorry guys, my bad".

There's a lot of football to be played both in the positive and the negative sense and all teams will drop points. But i do think at the moment we're an outsider in the title race.

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm always optimistic until it's mathematically impossible for us to win the title, but if Atletico are eliminated in UCL then our chances of defending La Liga will be very slim. They have a game less and if they win it it's gonna be an 8 points gap between us.

There's 13 games left (14 for Atletico), we are getting closer to the finish line and if we hit another injury streak like this month then it's game over.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tey have 4 matches in 10 days though, one of them vs Real Madrid and one of them vs Chelsea.

I worry more about Barca than Atleti to be honest.

Dr. MvN, PigBenis, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  20. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    We score less than Atletico. How's that for a stat.
    I think AM will win the league.
    Maybe putting us in third position will wake Flo up.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's nothing i dislike more than this expression. For various reasons.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We will win the league. Have some faith

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, i wondered even before the match if this is a "must win" game on paper or one that you can afford to slip up. Yes, the table looks dire, but as i said:

This is what Atleti has ahead of them:

07.03 : Real Madrid
    10.03: Athletic Bilbao
    13.03: Getafe
    17.03: Chelsea
    21.03: Alaves

That's a match vs Madrid, Athletic 3 days later, then Bordala's butchers 3 days later, then the Chelsea return leg where you'll try to save face 4 days later, until the team can catch their breath with a manageable opponent in Alaves.

This is what Real Madrid have ahead of them during the same time frame:

07.03: Atletico Madrid
    13.03: Elche
    16.03: Atalanta
    20.03: Celta

We're 5 points behind. Not 8, not 10, not watever hypothetical number people make up.

We win against Atleti and we're down to 2 points. 2!

So yeah. No time for predictions right now.

petros93, PigBenis, Saeta Rubia and 5 others repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And most importantly, it's Atletico. That's what they do lol

PigBenis, Saeta Rubia, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Champions' League too.