REAL MADRID vs REAL SOCIEDAD | CDR Q-Final | 06.02.2020 | 19:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    then surely you just let it stand?

2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Without hindsight, I would have put my money on Mariano to outscore Jovic in the German league. For that reason, we should have just stuck with Mariano but we got sucked into the hype. Got similarly desperate and purchased Hazard.

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale left the stadium when we were down 4-1. No wonder the fans can never warm up to him.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very, very controversial move. It seems to me that they weren't 100% certain either way even with VAR.

VJ wasn't moving, he was standing in one place while that #24 defender was moving quite fast. It all comes down to properly timing down the moment the Nacho hit the ball.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Apparently Casemiro was ill, considering how dependent we are we need a backup badly

Prit Javier repped this.
  6. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need a backup CDM and Mbappe this summer. That is all. Maybe VDB if we sell Isco and James.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barca lost 1-0 to Bilbao with the supposed best player in the world.

Real lost 4-3 to Sociedad with our B team backline and Casemiro missing.

I ain't stressed. I hope our boy Odegaard wins it and puts in an MVP display.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wanted that damn treble

But time to focus on la liga and la champions

Lyra, yoanaidarov, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If i'm being honest, i think that UCL is out of reach this season. You never know with Zizou and our guys but i think it's very unlikely that we win it. I'd be pretty content with a semi-final appearance.

For me, La Liga is where it's at. We need to win it more than we need to win UCL.

saadomar, Shay Z, Anon. and 10 others repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. At the least though, I would like a deep run. An early exit may be too much adversity for this group. I don’t want the vultures coming for Zizou in March

Eddie, Prit Javier and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Screenshot_20200207-082438__01.jpg

Strictly okay kinda performance, nothing special to be honest.

Prit Javier repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So my theory is holding true that Zidane sets up James to fail to the detriment of the team.

It's long been known that James doesn't fit in a 3 man midfield unless there is a DM and a B2B, yet Zidane repeatedly plays him when Casemiro is rested. Coincidence?

He could also play him in a more advanced role in a 4 or 5 man midfield, like he has used Modric and Isco recently, but he just can't stand to put James in a situation to succeed.

He's a sly one tho because now he can say he gave James "his chance" but there just aren't enough minutes to go around now that we're out of the copa, and he's not even taking the blame for getting knocked out.

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  13. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Yes. Zidane also has James kicking rocks instead of a football during training so that he is always injured. After the halftime whistle yesterday Zidane tripped James so James ended up with another injury. Zidane is pure Evil. #BringBackSolari.

saadomar, ahnaf, Lyra and 8 others repped this.
  14. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    THIS. Even if I’m now almost sure we’ll win La Liga, (regardless of our form) we should still prioritize it the most.

Prit Javier repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have starteded the match:

Benz

James

Isco-----------‐---Fede

Kroos

Then sub in:

Benz-----Jovic

Vinicius‐-----------------------------------------Rodrygo

Kroos-----Fede

And the team would have won:

3-0

16. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    What a collapse by Zidane and the team,im so pissed,disapointed...coudnt sleep,dont want to go to work.

I was thinking about a domestic treble...what the hell was i thinking...we are a joke domestically,the last 12 years has been horrendus in Spain.The worst Barcelona in a decade and we cant even go to a semi with Bilbao,Mirandes and Granada.....and we have just 3 points lead.

Zidane and the players really believe the hype and think that they are invisible....lets be real we have been crap in many games in this unbeaten run-Atletico twice,Getafe,Sevilla,Valladolid etc .

This was Zidane worst game as a manager,his tactics were suicide-so many attacking players,our pressing was so easealy passed by Sociedad...No defensive midfielder-4/5 Cociedad players going against Militao,Ramos,Marcelo ..it was a disaster...nobody was defending it was unreal.

Marcelo.....the worst performence form a RM player in the ZZ era,it was humiliating,it is sad to watch what has happened to him,but he is finished .
    James is a portugese league level,never RM quality...limited,slow N10...nobody uses players like this anymore.

This could be a turning point in the season for the worst...if we dont win La Liga,there will be dramatic stuff happening in the club in the summer

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  17. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What was really bizarre was how much time they spent on every one of our goals and yet the their goals were checked with much less scrutiny. I'm pretty sure Isak was offside in one of the goals (the one he assisted i think) and we didn't even get a replay of that but it looked quite clear in real time.

Ahmadi8 and Prit Javier repped this.
  18. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    #468 Prit Javier, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    I think James is done now, he had his big chance yesterday but blew it, however we need another holding midfielder if we are to compete for everything. At one time we had Makelele, Celades and Helguera even with a lot of attackers in the squad.

Lyra repped this.
  19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Likely will depend on injuries and since we do not have a back up for Casemiro in addition we are short on a right back we could have issues.

Lyra repped this.
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stat wise it's an okay performance. But whoever watched the game could see how special he was. Our players were always focused on him. Everything ran through him, he scored , he assisted an offside player but my god what a ball that was.

Our players were constantly fouling him and double marking him. As soon as he was subbed ( Marcelo gave him a knock) I knew that we had a chance to comeback.
    He's so good under the pressure.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 and hector_br repped this.
  22. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    lol Ramos
    This is not 2014 anymore guys, James belong to the Colombian league. Let the guy retire gracefully.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More overreaction about James, he needs to play closer to goal, it’s as simple as that, all this Portuguese and Colombian league talk is just nonsense, as I said already, if ZZ thinks he can only be accommodated at CM then he should leave , he just cannot play there,

I would definitely give him a chance to play the Isco role that ZZ continues to try , that roaming roles closer to goal, but it seems for ZZ that only applies to Isco. I don’t care how decent James has looked at CM in the past , he doesn’t have the stamina for that position, not capable enough defensively, too far from goal to affect the attack, and struggles to get up and down the pitch effectively to do either job

Lyra repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    All the discussion about James and where he should play is irrelevant. He can't stay healthy long enough for that to be something we should seriously discuss. It's unfortunately the sad, sober reality.

Vinicius is making a big play for a starting role, wouldn't mind playing him up front with Benz and giving Hazard a free role behind or along side them.

25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ********inlol